Another New Football League: the FXFL

Panthers

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what to laugh at most in that image.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That D section is sure going to annoy the C section unless it's basically on one level.

Don't understand playing Footy on a Baseball ground, why would they not play at a high school?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

That D section is sure going to annoy the C section unless it's basically on one level.

Don't understand playing Footy on a Baseball ground, why would they not play at a high school?

Can't sell beer at a high school facility in the state of New York.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

It the Brooklyn Cyclones stadium. But selling suds won't make a minor league team a profit if the MiLB tenant controls operations.

It the Brooklyn Cyclones stadium. But selling suds won't make a minor league team a profit if the MiLB tenant controls operations.

Thanks for the info on beer sales.

Surely there was a better place to have this team located.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Surely there was a better place to have this team located.

Not in Brooklyn. Still not sure why they don't put temporary seating in left field if they insist on this layout though. It's a moot point anyway, because we all know this league won't ever play a single down.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Florida Blacktips signed former Clemson Star Tajh Boyd last Thursday. So at least we know one player.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000397335/article/exclemson-star-tajh-boyd-signs-with-miami-team-in-new-fxfl

That team is now just the Blacktips as there will be no games played at FIU as they previously announced. He is on their "floating" team or as they tell us an "all star" team. Whatever that means.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fxfl-set-to-open-training-camps-next-week-275817041.html

They, like all other new football leagues have no money.

End this Xperiment

I don't understand this sentiment. It pops up everytime one of these new leagues emerges.

Why wish for it to fail? You'd think on a message board devoted to sports branding that having another league -- whether to mock or enjoy -- would be welcome. It just doesn't make sense. Seems counter productive.

End this Xperiment

I don't understand this sentiment. It pops up everytime one of these new leagues emerges.

Why wish for it to fail? You'd think on a message board devoted to sports branding that having another league -- whether to mock or enjoy -- would be welcome. It just doesn't make sense. Seems counter productive.

I won't presume to speak for DarkJourney, but - as both a sports branding and alternative sports league enthusiast - my problem with the FXFL is one that I've had with far too many alternative football leagues that have come before it. Namely, that the powers-that-be behind such league's all too often fail to adequately plan for the launch and operation of their proposed circuits. The end result is that yet another alternative pro football league is going to be set-up to fail from the get-go, thus further besmirching the reputation of such endeavors and virtually ensuring that the vast majority of sports fans and media members - to say nothing of potential investors with solid business credentials - will dismiss, out of hand, the next attempt to launch such a league.

Bottom line? Until such time as a group proposing an alternative pro football league actually has its s**t together, I'd just as soon see the more half-assed, fly-by-night operations die quick, under-the-radar deaths.

Archived