Sammy Sosa

Dallas Stars

Mike Modano

Joe Neuwendyk

Ed Belfour

Sergei Zubov

Giants

Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Barry Bonds, Will Clark

Not sure about the Giants one, cause I know there are other good candidates.

That's identical to my "Mount Rushmore" for the Giants. It covers various eras of success, and it's arguable that all these guys were the face of the franchise at one point or another. Sure, I could ignore Clark and Bonds in favor of Marichal and/or Cepeda, but that would be a little too biased towards the 60's (this list spreads them out across four decades). Also, I have a "Mount Rushmore" for the franchise's time in New York:

New York baseball Giants:

Christy Mathewson, Carl Hubbell, Mel Ott, John McGraw

Mays would be a potential candidate, but he's tied more to San Francisco than he is to New York (even if he ended his career with the Mets).

Michigan football:

Bo Schembechler

Tom Harmon*

Desmond Howard

Charles Woodson

Packers:

Curly Lambeau

Vince Lombardi

Ray Nitschke

Brett Favre

*would consider replacing Tom Harmon with Braylon Edwards because Harmon is from so long ago that few people are actually familiar with him

For the packers you are forgetting Bart Starr

Toronto Blue Jays

- Dave Steib

- Roberto Alomar

- Carlos Delgado

- Joe Carter

No protest here.

Toronto Maple Leafs:

Ted Kennedy

Dave Keon

Doug Gilmour

Mats Sundin

Now this is a real toughie. I'd have to include George Armstrong - he spent 21 years here, was captain for 13, and won 4 Cups. There are also strong cases to be made for guys like Bower, Sittler, Salming, and Conacher. Personally, I'd go with the following:

- George Armstrong

- Dave Keon

- Johnny Bower

- Mats Sundin (yadda yadda never won a Cup and was never a superstar blah blah. He was my favourite player growing up, so too bad!)

Michigan football:

Bo Schembechler

Tom Harmon*

Desmond Howard

Charles Woodson

Packers:

Curly Lambeau

Vince Lombardi

Ray Nitschke

Brett Favre

*would consider replacing Tom Harmon with Braylon Edwards because Harmon is from so long ago that few people are actually familiar with him

For the packers you are forgetting Bart Starr

Yeah, I wanted to get someone from each of the three great eras (Lambeau era, Lombardi era, and the Favre-Rodgers era), and I went with Ray Nitschke instead of Starr to have some defensive representation.

New York Mets:

-Tom Seaver

-Dwight "Doc" Gooden

-Darryl Strawberry

-Mike Piazza

(Honorable mentions: David Wright, John Franco, Gary Carter, Mookie Wilson, Keith Hernandez, Howard Johnson, Bob Murphy, Lindsey Nelson, Joan Whitney Payson, William A. Shea)

New York Football Giants

-Frank Gifford

-Lawrence Taylor

-Michael Strahan

-Mel Hein

(Honorable mentions: Eli Manning, Victor Cruz, Sam Huff, Y.A. Tittle, Harry Carson, Rosey Brown, Joe Morrison, Charlie Conerly, Alex Webster, Bill Parcells, Tom Coughlin, Phil Simms, Emlen Tunnell, Mark Bavaro, Andy Robustelli, Amani Toomer, Tiki Barber, The Mara Family)

Kentucky Wildcats Basketball

1. Jamal Mashburn
  2. Kyle Macy
  3. Dan Issel
  4. Jack Givens

Cleveland Browns (before they went to Baltimore)

1. Jim Brown
  2. Bernie Kosar
  3. Clay Matthew, Jr.
  4. Ozzie Newsome

Boston Celtics

1. Larry Bird
  2. Bill Russell
  3. John Havlicek
  4. Kevin Garnett

Colorado Avalanche

1. Patrick Roy
  2. Joe Sakic
  3. Peter Forsberg
  4. Adam Foote

Cincinnati Reds

1. Pete Rose
  2. Johnny Bench
  3. Joe Morgan
  4. Barry Larkin

Boston Red Sox

1. Ted Williams
  2. David Ortiz
  3. Wade Boggs
  4. Carl Yastrzemski

Kentucky Wildcats Football

1. Tim Couch
  2. Randall Cobb
  3. Art Still
  4. Moe Williams

New England Patriots (Since 1998)

1. Tom Brady
  2. Troy Brown
  3. Tedy Bruschi
  4. Vince Wilfork

Giants

Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Barry Bonds, Will Clark

Not sure about the Giants one, cause I know there are other good candidates.

That's identical to my "Mount Rushmore" for the Giants. It covers various eras of success, and it's arguable that all these guys were the face of the franchise at one point or another. Sure, I could ignore Clark and Bonds in favor of Marichal and/or Cepeda, but that would be a little too biased towards the 60's (this list spreads them out across four decades). Also, I have a "Mount Rushmore" for the franchise's time in New York:

New York baseball Giants:

Christy Mathewson, Carl Hubbell, Mel Ott, John McGraw

Mays would be a potential candidate, but he's tied more to San Francisco than he is to New York (even if he ended his career with the Mets).

I think you're taking the right approach to the Giants, it always surprises me when different cities and teams are lumped together. The New York Giants were a different entity than the San Francisco version, even if some of the players at the time of the move had strong NY ties in terms of their performance. Time and location changes everything, even in the days before free agency. There is a startling difference in rosters between the last New York Giants team, and the early 1960s San Francisco Giants club. The current Giants broadcasters really hit the nail on the head when they were talking about the significance of the first world title in San Francisco Giants history. They said it was so important because it was OUR championship, and that says it all.

Braves:

Hank Aaron

Warren Spahn

Chipper Jones

Um... So many options... (Bobby Cox? Greg Maddux, John Smoltz? Heck... Eddie Mathews and Phil Niekro could be up there...)

Bobby Cox... Final answer.

You know, I think it would be better(and more accurate) to have a separate face of the team, one for Milwaukee, another for Atlanta. Matthews was great, but washed up in his brief time in Atlanta, and Warren Spahn never even pitched for the Atlanta Braves. Thinking about this quickly, I would have Spahn, Aaron, Matthews, plus another for Milwaukee. For Atlanta, Aaron, Jones, Glavine or Maddux, and Dale Murphy.

Nothing against the good fans of the Atlanta Braves, but realistically, how many of them know anything at all about Eddie Matthews? He spent nearly all his great career in Milwaukee, and that was roughly a half century ago.

Going off script here - I'm going with players only. Since it's "my" Mount Rushmore", I'm going with players who represent the team's Mount Rushmore to me. This is probably going to get a lot of "how can you leave off..." questions. B)

The "real" Cleveland Browns:

Bernie Kosar

Ozzie Newsome

Brian Sipe

Hanford Dixon & Frank Minnefield**

Mike Pruitt*

Green Bay Packers:

Bart Starr

John Brockington

James Lofton

Brett Favre

Aaron Rogers*

Ohio State Football:

Archie Griffin

Pete Johnson

Eddie George

Michael Doss

Los Angeles Lakers:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Magic Johnson

Michael Cooper

James Worthy

Columbus Blue Jackets: - in the whole two seasons I've been a full time fan :hockeysmiley:

Sergei Bobrovsky

Ryan Johansen

Brandon Dubinsky

Jack Johnson

*Yes, I added an extra face. We'll find room.

**Can't have one without the other.

Kentucky Wildcats Basketball

1. Jamal Mashburn
  2. Kyle Macy
  3. Dan Issel
  4. Jack Givens

I'm not a Kentucky fan, but why not Adolph Rupp?

I was going with players only...if I did go with coaches, I would have to add Red Auerbach for the Celtics and Belcheik for the Patriots. If I did pick the top 4 coaches at UK, they would be:

1. Adolph Rupp
  2. Joe B. Hall
  3. Coach Cal
  4. Tubby Smith

Pitino would not be on my list as he instantly became a Benedick Arnold for going to U of L. I don't blame him for going to the NBA, but to coach Louisville is a slap in the face. Now Louisville fans say that is not right, but if Denny Crum had left and went to UK the Louisville fans would have felt the same way.

Kansas City Royals

• George Brett
  • Bret Saberhagen
  • Frank White
  • Dick Howser

Honorable Mentions: Dan Quisenberry, Alex Gordon, Joakim Soria, Willie Wilson

Nebraska Football

Just Players:

• Tommie Frazier
  • Eric Crouch
  • Mike Rozier
  • Johnny Rodgers

Honorable Mentions: Rex Burkhead, Ndamukong Suh, there are many more, but for the sake of shortness I will just do those two.

Coaches Included:

• Tommie Frazier
  • Tom Osborne
  • Bob Devany
  • Eric Crouch

This is probably going to get a lot of "how can you leave off..." questions. B)

Columbus Blue Jackets: - in the whole two seasons I've been a full time fan :hockeysmiley:

Sergei Bobrovsky

Ryan Johansen

Brandon Dubinsky

Jack Johnson

Rick Nash? He's easily the best player you guys have ever had, and his departure wasn't particularly bitter. It's not like he gave up after only a few years - he spent a decade in Columbus before finally requesting a trade to a winner.

(im in phone, so I can't read the whited-out part at the bottom, so I think I'm missing out on something)

This is probably going to get a lot of "how can you leave off..." questions. B)

Sergei Bobrovsky

Ryan Johansen

Brandon Dubinsky

Jack Johnson

Rick Nash? He's easily the best player you guys have ever had, and his departure wasn't particularly bitter. It's not like he gave up after only a few years - he spent a decade in Columbus before finally requesting a trade to a winner.

(im in phone, so I can't read the whited-out part at the bottom, so I think I'm missing out on something)

Nope. You answered your own question with the first line you quoted from my post. I said that my personal Mount Rushmores would lead to questions just like the one you're asking. For example, I'd doubt any Packers fan would consider John Brockington as a player who should be on the team's "Mount Rushmore." The players I chose aren't necessarily the best players, they're just the ones who make up my personal Mount Rushmore. As I said, I went off the script a little. B)