Your Favorite Team's "Mount Rushmore"

Tigers6884

4 hours ago, Harmening said:

Bengals:

Mike Brown

Dave Shula

David Klingler

Ki-Jana Carter.

Then I would bore holes into the monument, insert dynamite, and enjoy the glorious explosion.

Left off Vontaze Burfict. ?

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:09 PM, FSUViking said:

Von Miller isn't making it off of one season. Karl Mecklenberg? Shannon Sharpe? Steve Atwater? Tom Jackson? One season doesn't put you on Mt Rushmore. Hell, I'd even debate putting Peyton on there. He had one great season and got nothing to show for it and last year had as much to do with winning the SUper Bowl as the punter did.

As of last season's dominance and winning SB MVP, Von has become the face of the franchise and will be for the foreseeable future.

Peyton is a pretty much a Denver legend, even having just played there four years. 4 divisions, 2 AFC and 1 Super Bowl title in his tenure. Hard to beat that. 

Sharpe having been in his prime when Denver won SB32 & 33 probably has him 5th on the current list. No titles of HOF for Meck or Jackson, and Atwater wasn't "Atwater" anymore when Denver started reeling off titles.

On 8/12/2016 at 0:47 PM, dont care said:

Stop bumping old threads

The flip side of this is that I've literally been fussed at for starting a new thread when the same topic has a thread with no life for over 18 months.

Either way seems fine, if you have an issue with it, report it to a mod, and let them handle it. It's what they're here for, so that you don't have to worry your pretty little head over it.

Not that anyone is wrong for doing it, but I'm of the opinion that no team with less than 30 years of history has enough time to merit a "Mount Rushmore," regardless of play quality or championships. Otherwise, players/coaches selected seem too likely to be bumped. 

And yes, I understand it's arbitrary and imaginary, but there's no way a Preds line-up deserves consideration next to a Habs one, no matter how much I love my team.

Tigers- Cobb, Kaline, Greenberg, Cabrera (I chose Cabrera over guys like Trammell, Horton, Whitaker because he's gone into the upper echelon of Tigers history in the past couple of years, although those guys are more than deserving)

Canadiens- Maurice Richard. Beliveau, Lafleur, Plante. RIchard and Beliveau are locks. Very tough to leave out guys like Harvey and Larry Robinson, but I think with Lafleur, he was basically the face of one of the most dominant Habs eras (70s). Plante is iconic as well. 

Pistons- Isiah, Joe Dumars, Ben Wallace, Dave Bing. 

Lions- Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson, Dick Lane, Bobby Layne