CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cuba's crest is awesome. I think the elongated crest works much better with Cuba than with Honduras. Different note, what is with the numbers having the shading towards the bottom in a couple concepts? Is that the template thing that ChrisC was talking about?

Nah, I just kinda created a designated font Adidas teams to use. He's just talking about not being super creative and sticking to the cuts of the jerseys, which is completely true.

Canada

This is the one a lot of people have been waiting for! I had a long Football manager save with this national team. I know way more about their player than I probably should, but I wanted to make this one special.

So the crest is very simple. I wanted a badge that was based on the Maple Leaf, but also could be used as a strong logo for the national soccer association. Imagine this as the Canadian version of the 3 lions crest.

The main jersey was always going to be monochrome red. I didn't want black on this so the crest is white. I put pinstripes on the top to give a little life to the kit. The clash is white with black accents. I based this one directly off of the Manchester United clash kit that looked exactly like this. Not sure how recent that kit is, but it looked absolute class.

Canada.png

Yeah, like maybe a subliminated leaf at the bottom of the jersey interrupting the pin stripes, thats probably what I'd go for, but it could look good on the white shirt too. Your choice.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

3 things

I am loving this series. great job of adding cool details while keeping it simple

Do UEFA next

Where did the template come from?

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Belgium had by far the worst kits in the World Cup, there's a reason that this concept didn't look like that.

Jaker, I don't think you really know how many teams UEFA next. And I made the template.

Oh, come on, you can knock out 50+ teams in no time. ;)

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Belgiums kits were a joke, we don't need more maple leafs just to further prove we are Canadian. I like the Away kit and how it doesnt try too hard to be Canadian, its nice to add black every so often. There are 12 pinstripes but 13 Provinces and Territories so its too bad you couldnt have 7 stripes on the back to have more meaning to the home kit. Overall I like it, although I'm still used to the strange logo we currently use.

I'm enjoying this series raysox.

Very nice work on the CONCACAF logo, and clever use of colours to rep the 3 regions.

I'm not a soccer guy, but it seems the the trick is to design with 2 points of perspective in mind:

They must look good from a fair distance, yet have some detailing to also look good at close range.

However, that detailing ( watermark striping and patterns- embroidery- etc) can't muddy the overall look.

It's a balancing act that you've pulled off quite nicely.

The only set that I could see improved might be Jamaica.

Jamaica's colours are great, and I love their tri-coloured "saltire" flag.

Both of your sets don't use all 3 colours to any extent.

You've gone with a really nice, classy, understated approach on most of these, but with Jamaica, I feel that you could "let 'er rip" a bit, IMO.

Mike I have to say you hit Canada spot on with that concept. My national squad!!! I love the new Canada SA crest. It's perfectly simple but iconic with my country's FA. You can't go wrong with the maple leaf :) Great use of pinstripes on the home kit and keeping it red and white. Black accents have no business on the home kits in my opinion. The use of maple leafs on the squad numbers are a nice touch as well as the flag in the inside front collar.

What I love is monogram of 'O CANADA' below the back collar, great use of it. I would wear that and anyone from behind me would automatically think Canadian patriotic. The use of black and a hint of red on the away kits are nicely done as well, though not a fan of Manchester United references near my national team kits :P

Love it mate and would definitely buy a home kit if it existed. I already bought the new Canada SA Umbro home kit with sublimated red hoops, close second to this.

Belgium had by far the worst kits in the World Cup, there's a reason that this concept didn't look like that.

Jaker, I don't think you really know how many teams UEFA next. And I made the template.

There arent that many more UEFA teams than CONCACAF teams if you are really doing all 41 CONCACAF teams.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

There arent that many more UEFA teams than CONCACAF teams if you are really doing all 41 CONCACAF teams.
Really?!?

raysox, Jamaica's update looks great.

That's what- She

Little update for Jamaica, the only change is I decorated the yellow kit up with pinstripes of green, red, and yellow(but you know).

Jamaica.png

Just the right amount of rasta for the Reggae Boys, the little touches of color add life to the kit in a big way. Great job with the series so far, it's been your usual clean and stylish work.

QPR%20Sig.png

Yeah but that's still like 50 :censored:ing concepts more than I want to do.

Aruba
I couldn't wait till i hit #12 because after this point almost every country was a fun Caribbean nation.

The colors were yellow and sky blue obviously, but it needed something else. I threw in navy because there needed to be a darker color to make everything go together. The logo is a basic circle with the flag in the center. It wasn't too inspired, but nothing I did using the crest of the nation worked amazingly. I did like the steering wheel on the crest enough to use it behind the neck.
I wanted to do an Admiral kit, and I thought this would be a good chance to do it. I wanted very very simple and classy. I went with the yellow/light blue/yellow pattern, but did very little detail design wise because I thought the white just needed to be compromised by the navy. I think it's a very clean look.
Aruba.png
As far as the kits being boring, theyll get a little more life into them next.

Archived