CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderful kits, although I disagree with you about their current kits (the current ProStar ones are much better than the 2008 kits DPV713 posted). But again, the yoke on the home and the vertical sash on the away are great.

Black is a bit hard to wear while playing in the Caribbean heat though, any chance you might make a white third kit? I was thinking some sort of chevron design might work for St. Lucia, although I don't know if it would gel well with these more traditional kits.

Grenada

So this little island nation was another blank canvas. I wanted to use their unique flag as the basis of the concept. I did a styleized flag with concentric circles. The overlap of the green and yellow made a nice lime green color. I put them in a circle, with Grenada Football and the 6 stars for the 6 parishes on the island.

The kits were pretty cool. I loved the way the yellow and red looked together. I introduced Kappa to the project, so I needed to do some uniquely Kappa things. The logo is featured on the sides of the torso like they're known to do. On the clash, I wanted to do some sort of gradient with the green, yellow, and lime green. I tried to use the USF basketball uniforms as my basis for this one. I did some pinstripes to add to the design.

Grenada.png

I absolutely love that Granada crest (definitely my favorite so far) and the kits are solid, but I'm a little bummed that you didn't work the overlapping circles into the kits at all. I'd love to see those worked into the change kit somehow. If not, then I would make the sleeves more of a gradient as opposed to two stripes.

That crest is killer! The overlapping shades really look nice and I love how the kits are completely different from each other. There is only one think I would have liked to seen and that is that little flame thing from the Flag on the neck or back neck.

Mike you have out done yourself with the Grenada crest. What an excellent job. Using Kappa is a good selection. I myself have always loved the lines and styles of Kappa. It fits the Grenada style perfectly. The kit colors are a great combinations with the home and clash kits being nowhere identical in anyway being a true opposites.

As for the "flame", it is not a flame at all. The symbol represents a clove of nutmeg, one of the principal crops of Grenada. It also represents a link to Grenada's former name, which was the "Isle of Spice". The Grenada national football team is nicknamed "The Spice Boys". I myself would either place the symbol below the collar on the back of the shirts (like suggested by 1clkgtramg) or even place SPICE BOYS on a tag below the back collar.

Excellent job as always mate!

Antigua and Barbuda

This was a pretty fun concept to play with. The flag is so unique and needed to be included. I put them in a diamond because the shape would work with the flag. The thing about this one was that I thought the federation initials could be dropped. I felt like once you see the flag design and ball you could imagine what this logo was for.

Their current kits have a monochrome black and yellow look. What I did was introduce a new kit all together. They've gone red/black before, but i thought it would be a good look to bring back. Errea are on the kits, and the home is essentially the ones Errea made for Norwich this past season. The clash is all yellow with a different top design.

Antigua.png

You were worrying me for a bit haha, nice simple logo. I'm glad you used the unique flag for the majority of the crest, no words are needed.

Is it just me or is it an optical illusion? The diamond makes the circle not look perfectly circular unless you focus on the circle itself.. It's kind of neat like that though.

Mike, you did it again. That Antigua crest is spot on. I agree with you that the national FA's name doesn't need to be on the crest. That flag is pretty special and will be known by CONCACAF. As for the kits, I like how you used Errea. Antigua would be using a lesser known kit manufacturer due to the size of the FA itself. Plus Errea looks good with that design. Nice job again!

Is it just me or is it an optical illusion? The diamond makes the circle not look perfectly circular unless you focus on the circle itself.. It's kind of neat like that though.

No, I see that too. Which brings me to a question, what's the purpose of the red circle in the background? It just looks out of place to me.

gYH2mW9.png

Yeah guys I've just been busy but I have Guyana and Puerto Rico done and waiting. St Kitts has been a bitch tho.

The red circle was because the flag has red on it and I thought that the diamond wasn't strong enough on it's own.

I figured you wanted to sneak red in there somehow....I just think the circle looks forced. What about a red stroke around the diamond instead?

gYH2mW9.png

I looked forward to doing Guyana, just because I got to put two Rowdies players on the back.

So the Golden Jaguars needed a new look. I wanted to do something like a flag wrapping around a ball that's in a circle. But it didn't really work out. What I did was make a Cosmos looking design. I used the flag as the basis of which colors go where. The ball has a simple jaguar spot pattern as the dark spots on the ball.

I chose Warrior for these guys because I could use the nickname design on the back. I did a stripe down the crest broken up by sublimated diagonal stripes on monochrome green. The clash was inspired by the look Brazil wore for a lot of the World Cup. The sleeves have jaguar spots on them with various sizes of the spots on the ball.

Guyana.png

this is awesome and a great use of Warrior kits! The logo is great as well and I knew right away that the ball had Jaguar spots on it so that's perfect. Would have liked to see a bit more red hinted on the kits, but it's not a big deal. Great job all around!

Nice job on the Guyana kit. Warrior a good fit for the Golden Jaguars, liking the back collar graphic. The crest is a nice mix of the national flag and good use of the jaguar spots on the ball. Spot on again Mike! The concept series is getting better and better!

Archived