CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

I like the crest, and I love the home kit. The crest stripe interrupted by diagonal stripes is a fantastic idea. I'm not such a big fan of the jaguar spots on the clash kit. I don't have a problem with the idea, but there is something about the execution of them that I don't really like. I can't really place what it is, because the spots are fairly representative of an actual jaguar's spots, but there is something about that design that I'm not a big fan of. Sorry I'm not being more helpful.

award%20sig.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Puerto Rico

Next is El Hurican!

So I thought that Puerto Rico could completely run the vertical candy cane look for CONCACAF. It would match their flag, and be unique in between all the solid reds and greens in the federation. That was my first plan. I matched the stripes on the crest. The center of the crest is Puerto Rico and the year the Federation was founded around a soccer ball with a star shaped pattern because of the flag.

I mentioned the kits before, but I balanced it all with blue cuffs, numbers, and pants. I had to do hooped socks though, because it just felt right. The clash could've been anything. I didn't want to just throw in a blue one, so I decided orange. There wasn't any orange in CONCACAF to this point, and the Puerto Rico Islanders rocked a similar look when they played in the NASL. Something new and different!

PuertoRico.png

nice clean work for PR, I'd buy the home kit for sure and nice choice for the clash too. I'm sure you arent sure yet, but are any of the Dutch owned islands going to have the orange touch? It would be a good opportunity for more orange in the CONCACAF.

Great job on Puerto Rico. The crest is really clean and really sharp, and the kits are great. The red and white stripes on the home are nicely balanced by the blue trim and shorts, and I really like the clash kit, especially the sublimated stripes.

Hey Mike, great job on Puerto Rico mate. I echo everyone else with the crest being clean and sharp (looks amazing), the kits looking great (can't go wrong with hooped socks :P). What a good combination of of red/white stripped with cobalt blue trim and shorts on the home kit. The away kit is spot on as I wouldn't change a thing with it. Leave the cuffs orange as the cobalt blue would with orange kits would throw off the balance. Spot on!

Will we be seeing Belize soon? I believe that's the last Central American team you haven't posted yet.

30w5xeb.jpg

There are a total of 35 countries based in CONCACAF and Raysox has done them all but the ones listed:

North America - 2 (done both)

Central America - 10 (have not done Nicaragua, Guyana, and Belize)

Caribbean - 23 (have not done St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Montserrat, Dominica, Barbados, Bermuda, Turks and Caicos Islands, Curacao, US Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands, Anguilla)

This was a huge undertaking by Mike and I have to say he has done remarkability top throughout. Congrats mate! If you don't happen to finish this series you gave it a massive college try.

It's a real shame that people still measures someones work in quantity. Mike posts when he wants and he has stated and even shows in the title that he isnt doing them all. If he finishes them all, then thats great too but its getting really annoying seeing people just ask for things.

When you really think of it, Mike has made a lot of Soccer concepts. There is a point when you run out of ideas with a limited amount of colours to use. Just be thankful for what he has posted and if you feel the need for something else, try it yourself. It much more satisfying that way too.

It's a real shame that people still measures someones work in quantity. Mike posts when he wants and he has stated and even shows in the title that he isnt doing them all. If he finishes them all, then thats great too but its getting really annoying seeing people just ask for things.

When you really think of it, Mike has made a lot of Soccer concepts. There is a point when you run out of ideas with a limited amount of colours to use. Just be thankful for what he has posted and if you feel the need for something else, try it yourself. It much more satisfying that way too.

I agree with you fully with it getting annoying seeing people just ask for things. Mike is one of the top soccer concept thread artists on CCSLC. He has done a bang up job on each and everyone of them. Top work! I think Mike should be measured based on quality not quantity. His concept quality is near the top here on the Board. Hence why he won the 2014 Creamer Award - Best Concept Series. I think with this CONCACAF concept series, he deserves a repeat nomination for that same award.

Archived