CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Dominica kits are a thing of beauty Mike. I like the three hoop stripes that run along the home kits and merge with the DFA crest. Nice design concept. The crest is simple and too the point, just want DFA should be, not what they currently have. That parrot they use on the current DFA crest is really cartoonish :P. The use of Adidas for Dominica is a good selection because of the multiple colors they have in their national flag and being able to express them all on the kits. White clash kits are perfect, that is definitely a clash. Excellent work as always Mike!

Barbados

A lot of people couldn't wait until I did this team just because of the trident.

The trident needed to be the main feature of the crest, so I worked from there. I put it on a long shape with a banner running over it. The banner has shades adding depth to it. I did a big yellow stripe down the middle to match the flag, and added the year their FA was founded to kill the open space.

I really wanted to do a Philadelphia Union stripe look but it just didn't work. The number on the yellow was black but I had the other designs white so it could be seen on the blue. I had that kit set and then I played with the clash. I loved the faux hoops on the yellow kit(which I love cause t looks like Sweden) so I brought the hoops to the blue kit and thought it looked really good.

Barbados.png

YESSS!!! Freaking amazing!! I love both kits and the logo is spot on. The only thing bothering me is the Nike logo on the Home Kit, maybe moving it up a bit an making it blue, or do what Celtic FC did with their Yellow/Black kit and gave the white Nike logo an outline.

Also, did you make yellow shorts for an alternate option? It may be too much though.

Mike those Barbados kits and crest is absolutely amazing mate! Loving the crest and how you made the trident the center point with that simple designed banner. As for the kits, loving the home kit gold an royal blue hoops and the faux hoops on the away kits. One of my favorites now...keep up the great work.

I'm looking forward to seeing US Virgin Islands and British Virgin Islands. As for the lesser known and newest members of CONCACAF (Bonaire, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Martin, and Sint Maarten) are not affiliated with FIFA.

Can we start a drinking game based upon how many times Gooner says your name? :P

In all seriousness, this thread has been an absolute pleasure to look at. The Barbados crest is probably my second favourite to Saint Kitts. The hoops for the Bajans work very well. It's always fun to see concepts for teams that you just don't get concepts for all that often. Of the 9 left, they all look like they're full of opportunity. Can't wait for Angullia. Bring on the dolphin!

• 2 weeks later...

Bermuda

Finally posting this one. I've taken a long break just to do some other things, but I've had this done for a bit.

So I wanted to do something with tribal patterns for Bermuda. The Gombey Warriors get a circular crest like what they have currently, but I put a lot more in it. Theres triangles lining the outside, theres a ball with a banner, the FA title, and the outline of the island. Pretty simple.

Introducing Under Armour to the project! I just kinda played around with some designs. I used the under armour pattern I used for the shorts in my US Soccer 2030 series.

Bermuda.png

Oh Thank Buddha!!! My patience was wearing :P

The wait was worth it though, that logo is superb - do people still use that word? Anyway, Jerseys are a little on the simple side, but that's expected because I think the only thing notable in Bermuda is the Bacardi HQ and even that is originally Cuban. Great work all around!

One minor nitpick though, the kerning in (w arriors) is bugging me, but it's not a big deal :)

Nice to see you back and great to see Bermuda in all its simplicity. The crest is spot on with nice simple kits. Though I have a small nitpic too: the squad numbers on the back of both kits are a little small. Overall beautiful mate!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived