CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

CONCACAF.png

I've been having a rough time being creative recently, and have pretty low confidence in my designs. I think that I just need a few concepts under my belt that I'm really confident about, then maybe I can get my groove back. Here is my new series. The beauty is that I have no time frame, or amount of teams I need to do. I think I really went all out on my Dutch concept. I put a lot more effort into that one than I did in the ESCC or US Soccer 2030. So with each one, I will be doing a lot more research and decision making into the design.

So with the recent success of CONCACAF in the World Cup, I felt the need to go through and rebrand the members of the federation. For the most part, the CONCACAF crests are pretty weak, which are paired with sub-par jerseys. I want to completely redo (maybe) every team I could in the federation.

I started with the logo of CONCCAF. Currently, it's a pentagon with a soccerball in the middle. Check it out, it's subpar. My logo, which you can see above, was designed somewhat simply. The full name of CONCACAF is the Confederation of North, Central America, and Caribbean Association Football. The colors around the ball represent the 3 parts of North America geographically. The top one is red for North America. The left one is blue for Central America. Then finally the right one is yellow for the Caribbean countries. Those colors correspond to their part of the acronym in the script logo. The logo could also be navy or white, depending on the background. I actually wasn't sold on the font I used, especially the O, but the O in CONCACAF is "of" so I thought the least important part of the acronym could be different from the rest.

But yeah! I have some soccer concepts for teams in North America to post for you guys. I'm going to go down the list based off of the current FIFA rankings.

United States

Mexico

Costa Rica

Panama

Honduras

El Salvador

Trinidad and Tobago

Haiti

Jamaica

Cuba

Canada

Aruba

Dominican Republic

Suriname

Guatemala

St. Vincent and the Grenadines

St Lucia

Grenada

Antigua and Barbuda

Guyana

Puerto Rico

St. Kitts and Nevis

Belize

Montserrat

Dominica

Barbados

Bermuda

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
United States

First is the team I root for, the United States of America

The crest is inspired by mixing elements from crests the team have used. I know how well recieved the Centenial set they used in 2013 was. I wanted to have a modern look, but used the Centenial as a base. The Centenial set had a badge with stars and stripes. I took a similar crest shape(not exact, but it's similar in a way) to use as the base of the crest. One thing I noticed is that they squeezed the 13 stripes on the flag onto the badge. The crests the US have used since the early 90s all have a flying soccer ball. I thought that it would be great to update it and keep the tradition going, symbolizing the trajectory US soccer is going on(-cricket noises-). Instead of USA on the crest, I went with the acronym of the US Soccer Federation. It seemed more professional and exact instead of something cheap that someone would rip off and sell at Target.

The white kit is very bland and bold like the Centenial kits. The red is from me loving the Bomb Pop kits, and I felt that an all red look might be interesting compared to another navy top. I had a lot of fun with this one. I wanted to do the red and white hooped jerseys so bad, but decided against it. I did what I could and put darker red hoops on the kit. The numbers are a simple block font like the 2013 kits, but with a drop shadow. There's also a small crest on the bottom of the number.

USA.png

I personally love the idea of having an all red away kit with the darker hoops, subtle yet keeps it new. I also wouldn't be complaining about kits inspired by the Bomb Pop or the Red and White hooped, a couple of my more favored ones for the US recently.

As for the home, I've never been much for solid white since I lean towards more pattern-oriented kits, but for the sake of tradition I always concede that one. Perhaps you could try making the sleeves all navy as a sort of reverse of the 2012 away jerseys just to try something different, but only if it appeals to you since that is simply a personal preference point rather than anything technical.

Finally for the crest, I like the idea of having the USSF instead and having it closer to the centennial shield. My one complaint of the whole concept is that the flying ball seems disconnected from the stripes behind it, as opposed to the current crest where the white around the ball partially obscures part of "US" but makes it seem more like it is within the crest rather than simply looking like it is on top of it. Can't picture how to fix it myself, but just a thing I noticed.

Overall a very good concept though, I would buy the away kit in a heartbeat.

Saw this on twitter and got really excited! Can't wait to see more, especially Canada.

As for the kits, i like them. I do prefer a red/white hooped Clash kit, but yours look really cool. Im not quite feeling the flying ball, but I'm sure I can get used to it.

Thanks everyone! Pretty positive reviews, which I was hoping for. I would've gone with Navy shorts(I originally had them) but the white numbers on the navy shorts didn't look good with the completely red and blue top.

As for the logo, I wanted something very basic and classy to match the white kit. You can meet go wrong with simplicity!

I can write up my Mexico post in a few. Also, if you have any suggestions for any teams, feel free to post them. I know Panama has no good crest or kits to go from, so thatll be from scratch. But if you know some symbol used down there, I would love to hear it.

Thanks everyone! Pretty positive reviews, which I was hoping for. I would've gone with Navy shorts(I originally had them) but the white numbers on the navy shorts didn't look good with the completely red and blue top.

What about red numbers on navy shorts?

Mexico
I hate to do this on the day Mexico was eliminated(unfairly) from the World Cup.

The crest uses elements from the current, but I made cleaned it up a lot. I used bolder lines, a complete crest shape. Then I used every element from the current crest. The eagle was on top, but I put that in the middle of the green and red to mimic their flags. I traced and cleaned up the actual eagle eating the snake from the flag to put in the middle. On the empty space on the gold on the top and bottom, I put a mayan pattern. The current crest has a design similar to the Mayan calandar that supposedly ended the world in 2012. So I took the easy way out, and I thought it was a better representation without being in your face.
It's really hard to make a bad Mexico concept. You just need to do the Tri part of "El Tri". The Green top, white shorts, and red socks combo is up there with the Brazil Yellow/blue/white, and Dutch Orange kit on the scale of recognizable international kits. I didn't want to ruin the jersey with unnecessary designs(looking at you, Adidas). The home kit is very plain. But under the crest, I ran the pattern from the crest, ultimately gradienting out towards the bottom. The clash was originally all black with the same pattern, but it didn't look good. I slept on it and came back with fresh ideas. I like the idea of a red top with black pants like the current, but I changed it slightly. The red is more pink now, similar to the colors Adidas force down peoples throats during March Madness. The new pattern on the front gradients out at the bottom, but the designs around the crest are darker to stand out. The pink and black really complimented eachother, and were different enough from the green to get me to keep it. The numbers are just a skiny font with a little shadow to somewhat mimic the current adidas font(which i have ut wanted to do my own thing.)
Mexico.png

These are beautiful. The Mexican one especially. The only thing I don't like about it is that the Adidas pant stripes don't come all the way down, but that's extremely minor and Adidas fault since that's the template, but that just what I think.

Though for the league logo I do agree what the people on Dribble are saying and maybe try going without the shading, especially on the ball, since the shading stops at the blue parts.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Hey Mike! This is a great idea for a new concept series. I have to agree with you fully, CONCACAF has some really well known football federations but really sub-par kits and FA crests. I have been saying that for years since been following football for over 30 years. First off that update to the CONCACAF crest is a 100% improvement. It speaks of the three regions of our federation.

The American and Mexican concepts are spot on mate!

The American crest is perfectly done, simple is the best way to go, especially with the basic red and white stripes. The all red with navy blue accents, including hoops, is a great fit the Americans. I think USSF should adopt it.

The Mexican redoux of the crest has cleaned it up and made it simpler. Like you said, as long as you incorporate El Tri into the kit there is no going wrong. Loving the Aztec subliminated stripes on the both kits, especially the single thick stripe running height wise behind the crest. That red looks amazing as a away kit color.

I am definitely looking forward to the rest of this series, no matter how many you end up doing. I am looking forward to seeing Canada (and a definite update to Soccer Canada's old and dated crest), Honduras, Jamaica and Costa Rica. Plus it would be nice to see your spin on the Caribbean nations as well. When you look at Canada's concept Mike, take in mind that Soccer Canada just released the newest Umbro home kits for 2014-16 rotation with subliminated thick red hoops.

http://csa.rmpathletic.com/en/all/canada-soccer-home-men-s-14-jersey.html

very nice! keep it up! I liked both USA and Mexico's kits but for USA's away kit i think too much red, maybe navy or white shorts? unless you could come up with different way but anyway this is going off to a great start!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

Very well done on both, raysox! The only issue I have with either is the ball on the USA crest. I think it could work, but I would try centering it on the field of stripes and having the streaks go to the lower left edge of the crest and get cut off, making it look like the ball is flying into the crest.

Archived