CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

Good stuff as always. I tried to incorporate that Aztec pattern, but it wasn't working for me. You really schooled me on that Mexico crest.

The kits are not to be trifled with. The only crest that could use work is the USA. Those motion lines/streaks on the ball have just never worked for me. Just a personal preference.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kits are not to be trifled with. The only crest that could use work is the USA. Those motion lines/streaks on the ball have just never worked for me. Just a personal preference.

Have you seen Costa Rica's crest? USA's isn't good, but at least it's not that. I think Raysox is absolutely right, Concacaf's badges could use some work (even Mexico's). So far all of his crests have been upgrades.

award%20sig.png

Have you seen Costa Rica's crest? USA's isn't good, but at least it's not that. I think Raysox is absolutely right, Concacaf's badges could use some work (even Mexico's). So far all of his crests have been upgrades.

To clarify, I was referencing the crests and kits raysox is presenting here. I agree, CONCACAF needs a retooling.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

To clarify, I was referencing the crests and kits raysox is presenting here. I agree, CONCACAF needs a retooling.

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood you.

award%20sig.png

Panama

They probably deserved a World Cup spot if the US didn't break their hearts.

So Panama was the first absolute blank slate. Their crest looked similar to their coat of arms, and they had no real crest history. I couldn't ind any symbols or icons to use on the crest either. Their flag is great tho. I thought that featuring it on the crest would work. A simple crest with the majority of it being the flag. The top reads FEPAFUT which is the abbreviation for the Federation of Panama Football(in english that is). I thought it woul be more specific than just PANAMA because if it said that and had the flag, it wouldn't be descriptive at all.

The kits I had a harder time with. I kept them with Lotto, but the thing is, Lotto has no recognizable trends. I tried my best to make this uniform look second rate(sorry Lotto), using very little design. I did a white band across the chest number and onto the back. The clash logo just had off color sleeves. I would be down to go back and redo these, but I wouldn't know what to do!

Panama.png

United States
First is the team I root for, the United States of America
The crest is inspired by mixing elements from crests the team have used. I know how well recieved the Centenial set they used in 2013 was. I wanted to have a modern look, but used the Centenial as a base. The Centenial set had a badge with stars and stripes. I took a similar crest shape(not exact, but it's similar in a way) to use as the base of the crest. One thing I noticed is that they squeezed the 13 stripes on the flag onto the badge. The crests the US have used since the early 90s all have a flying soccer ball. I thought that it would be great to update it and keep the tradition going, symbolizing the trajectory US soccer is going on(-cricket noises-). Instead of USA on the crest, I went with the acronym of the US Soccer Federation. It seemed more professional and exact instead of something cheap that someone would rip off and sell at Target.
The white kit is very bland and bold like the Centenial kits. The red is from me loving the Bomb Pop kits, and I felt that an all red look might be interesting compared to another navy top. I had a lot of fun with this one. I wanted to do the red and white hooped jerseys so bad, but decided against it. I did what I could and put darker red hoops on the kit. The numbers are a simple block font like the 2013 kits, but with a drop shadow. There's also a small crest on the bottom of the number.
USA.png

LIKE:

- sublimated stripes (nice touch to bring in the "stripes" from "stars and stripes")

- increase in color on the whites

- the crest

- DTOM

DISLIKE:

- drop shadow on numbers

- motion lines on crest ball

- blue waistband on reds

ujsignature.png

as simple as Panama looks, I think it's fine. You can't have every team with state-of-the-art logos and kits, some just need a simpler feel and this works. Glad there was no flag jersey... ugh..

and since we are still on the topic of the US kits/logo, I was wondering how a slight white outline around the ball and the streaks looked? It bleeds too much for me and that may be the issue. I have a real problem with blue and red bleeding so forgive me lol

Honduras

These guys had the worst of the CONCACAF performances at the World Cup.

So Honduras is blue and white, like many teams in Central America. My goal was to make this one unique from other country's kits. I wanted to do some form of stripes. Traditionally, Honduras has had vertical stripes on their jersey. But when I made their crest, I thought that horizontal may work better. The crest has the Honduran flag with an H behind the stars. "La H"s new crest would match a hooped style kit. So I switched them to Adidas from Joma, and gave them a hooped treatment. The white jersey originally had sublimated hoops, but I ditched them for a simple chest stripe.
Honduras.png

Honduras Update

Panama

First off, these are nicely done kits and crests. Mike, you don't need anything over the top and stylish to bring the point across for a well-designed national kit. I like the crest with the use of the national flag. But I too agree you should use FPF above the crest instead of the English acronym. And Panama looks good in Lotto kits. Agreed, there is no trends for Lotto kits but what you have come up with is spot on mate.

Honduras

I love the idea of incorporating a shield behind the Honduras 'H'. I always thought the current H on the kit looks out of place. As for switching to Adidas and giving them the blue and white hoop treatment, I couldn't agree with you more Mike. I wouldn't do anything more to this concept as both the home and away kits look good. I like the all white away kits with the blue trim, very nice alternate.

Overall Mike, both these last two concepts are top mate and I wouldn't think about redoing them. Keep it up mate...

Overall I like Honduras, but there's a couple things bugging me about the crest. First, I'm not a fan of the widening of the blue online on the shield. It just looks like a gaff to me. Second, I would move the white stripe and H up a little bit. The crest feels bottom-heavy. I know that might make it slightly off center vertically in the shield, but I think it would look better.

Yeah I'm not a fan of my Honduras concept any more. That will be updated.

El Salvador

Another team I wanted to make unique from other close looks.

The current crest is a mess and is pretty sloppy. There's like an old ball, and a random ES off to the side of the circle. I made my own crest because it just needed to be done. There wasn't any good symbols I could use on the crest, so it looks pretty generic. I darkened the blue to make it different from other countries, and since France did it, I thought I could too. The crest just has El Salvador, an old time ball, and the year their soccer federation was founded.

The kits are pretty generic. I loved this Puma cut they used during the World Cup for the African teams. So I thought that the look itself could be strong enough to have no actual design. Another thing, I used the Phillies font for this because it looks SO MUCH like the Puma font used during the World Cup.

ElSalvador.png

Nice job on the El Salvador concept Mike. I too like the Puma kits and agree with the Phillies font, it does fit the Puma World Cup kit font-style. I always found that weird with a lot of the Central American FAs using the same blues in their kits and crests. Nice job on darkening the blue to give them that distinction. As for the crest, simple is good mate!

Archived