CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

Trinidad and Tobago

Trinidad and Tobago is the smallest nation in population and size to ever make the World Cup.

So their logo was alright, but they had a lot of gradient on it, and too many elements. I wanted to make their new logo simple and bold. I went with a simple shape, and matched the flag on the crest. It's a diagnal black stripe on red, and that was what I wanted to make the main theme of the set. I put the Federation's innitials on it, and a ball in the corner.

I went with Warrior as the new kit supplier. The home jersey has a sash to match the flag. I moved the number under the crest so the sash could be un interrupted. The home is pretty tame, which is what I wanted. But the clash, I went all out. ince it's warrior, I thought it would be perfect to go a little wild. Red to black gradient looks pretty cool, so I did that on everything I could. The sleeves, shorts, and socks all have that transition for a pretty cool look.

T&T.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole series has been spot on, but Trinidad & Tobago is my favorite of the bunch. The use of the country's colors exclusively and a minimal use of white just makes the whole set really stand out. Just about any other use of gradients like these on a kit would be horrendous, but you really make it work on the clash in a clean, expressive way.

Top to bottom solid work!

TDZiMMB.png

I've always wanted to do a Trinidad & Tobago concept for the sole purpose of using a sash like that. I'm loving this thread, it's cool to see concepts for a lot of teams that probably haven't been done before on this forum. I'm a little late on this, but I'm not a huge fan of the US crest, mainly just the flying ball. Maybe you could try matching the angle of the shield with the angle of the "streaks" coming from the ball.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Mike the concept series went to a whole new level with that Trinidad and Tobago kits/crest. I am a real fan of your simple crests with incorporating the national flags but your red to black gradient on the away kits are top mate! Love it! I agree fully with the use of Warrior for T&T as I can see them doing something like this if they were given the chance (anyone see the new Liverpool kits :P). The use of just red and black with minimal use of white has made these kits stand out.

Yet another solid piece of work Mike!!!

I was expecting a red-black-red home strip for Canada, but knowing that you want unique looks, I'm beginning to think that might not be the case. Interested to see what you have in store. T&T is indeed lovely. Warrior at their finest, modern but classy..

This is a nicely connected and thought out series thus far. I also am not a fan of the 90s Motion lines on the US crest, but good for you for not just c/p the heritage crest. Lovely work. No real criticism. Enjoying the concepts.

I might go back to the US if I come up with an idea. I personally like the motion lines, but apparently it's not well recieved.

Honduras Update

I wasn't a fan of the logo or road kit on this one, so I did a little update. The crest is now skinny and tall and I think is cleaner than the original. The white now just has blue sleeves. Pretty template-y and safe, but I tought I really phoned it in on the original.

Honduras.png

I might have to go with the first one on Honduras. Maybe its juat how the stars fit in with the H but it had a more clever design. Not saying the new one is bad, i just prefer the old. Maybe Belize could have a tall narrow logo since the country is shaped that way?

I might have to go with the first one on Honduras. Maybe its juat how the stars fit in with the H but it had a more clever design. Not saying the new one is bad, i just prefer the old. Maybe Belize could have a tall narrow logo since the country is shaped that way?

Agreed about the Honduras crest. It's almost too skinny. I liked the previous version, but I would even out that gap at the bottom point.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Trinidad and Tobago is really nice. I love crests and kits that incorporate the country's flag. And the clash makes good use of gradients, surprisingly!

I think the new Honduras crest is an update. It's a unique shape and just looks cleaner than the original.

Haiti

Believe it or not, but this isn't my first Haiti soccer concept. Over 4 years ago, I posted this crap!

But I saw that concept, and I thought that there was definatley something I could build off of. The palm tree wasn't working for me, but I replaced it with a ball. I wanted to use the split flag they have as the main part of the crest. It has a simple Bundesliga look, and I really liked it. I mean, I didn't put too much intensive research into, just what looked good.

The home kits are generic red/blue/red just like their current tops. I did have the design from the clash on there, but I thought that would look bad if thte templates are the same, you know? So I kinda did a lay up on the kits, but I still thought it looked good.

Haiti.png

I think the number on the away would be better if it was on the center. Right now it reminds me of San Jose's number on the front, which I'm not a total fan of. The main reason why you should change it is because it would be less cluttered.

That's what- She

Nice simple design for Haiti. One way you could remove the clutterness with the squad number on the front of the clash kit is just remove it entirely from the front. Nothing says that a squad numbers needs to be on the front of the kit.

Another great concept mate!

Would be cool to see the clash kit with numbers in the centre, but I like everything anyway. I know I say that a lot, but I like that you stuck with the previous design - which was influenced from the original logo - so this is definitely a great clean up. I think this is the first time that a white kit is my favourite as well.

Nothing says that a squad numbers needs to be on the front of the kit.

It's required by FIFA for national teams, actually.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived