CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VictoriaGooner, on 09 Jul 2014 - 19:21, said:snapback.png

Nothing says that a squad numbers needs to be on the front of the kit.

It's required by FIFA for national teams, actually.

Yes I know the front squad number is required by FIFA for international friendlies and competitions, excluding Club World Cup.

FIFA Equipment Regulations Section 6 para 6.2

But it's a concept kit series and it's a way to remove the clutter from the front of the kit with the two vertical stripes close to the crest. If this was an actual national football association kit, then yes I would agree 100% with you Mockba.

If you're making a concept for something like a national team, you make it something that could actually be used by said team in a competition. Otherwise, what's the point?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Jamaica
Here's my rebrand for the Reggae Boyz!

So the current crest is pretty generic, and I wanted to do something out there, and not confined to a crest shape. I love Bolton's old logo, so I wanted something wispy to be the tail of this crest. I did a simple monogram for the Jamaican Football Federation, and played around with ribbons. But I was looking into national symbols, and found great inspiration. The national bird is a humming bird, called a doctor bird on the island. Check out their tail, and you can see how I got inspiration for the concept.
I actually thought Puma did their kits up until researching what color the clash should be. Kappa has those rights currently, but Usain Bolt carries the Puma flag for the country, so why not make them completely dress the nation? The home is pretty simple, and the clash has a wavy pattern I thought would look good for a team nicknamed the Reggae Boyz.
Jamaica.png

I like the new Reggae Boyz kit. The crest is a nice revamping from the current one. It's simple but says a lot. I too am a fan of the old Bolton Wanderers crest and it suits the JFF. As for the doctor bird tail, nicely done. That sure ties in the old Bolton Wanderers crest with the national bird. It gives that national pride to the kit. The color choices are good fit (it works for Bolt) and I really like the Reggae flag in the collar. Another smash out of the park Mike!

Nice update from their current look. I would have liked to see some red and possibly a yellow logo on the green kit but overall its very well done. Loving the originality of the logo though, will defiantly help the team stand out.

You're doing a great job on this CONCACAF redesign...Jamaica looks really good, the hummingbird tail is really unique for a team crest and they need all the unique they can get 'cause their current crest isn't going to get much love from designers.

I mean look at it...

Jamaica_FA.gif

mbannon92 has a good point considering the monogram. I think it'll look much better with the J in the middle as focal initial.

However, I would style the monogram as "FJF," since usually the focal initial (last name with a person) is centered. And that would create some symmetry.

Unfortunately their football federation is named The Jamaica Football Federation not Federation of Jamaican Football. So I can see why Mike went with JFF. http://www.jamaicafootballfederation.com/v1/

Well that's the this ng here. On the existing logo in OliverP's post, the words are out of order, but you can still read it properly. I'm not sure if making the 2 Fs on either side of the centred J, but smaller and in a different colour would help all that much. Frankly, I see mbannon's point, but I don't mind the crest at all.

At first glance, I may or may not have thought the hummingbird tail was dreadlocks...

Kinda late to the party, but I like Honduras crest #1 much more than the elongated second one.

Fantastic look for Jamaica and a much needed upgrade. I think you missed an opportunity to implement the yellow saltire that appears on the flag into the infield, though. Maybe a black alternate of some sort?

Either way, great work, and great update on the crest.

Love seeing CONCACAF get some run!! It's been neglected for a long, long time. You've got some great concepts here and some innovation that is very timely and soccerful. (Btw, this thread alone enticed me to re-ignite my login for the first time in a few years).

US - very classy, the thick navy trim on the white jersey is great (and something I think was a huge miss for Nike's '14 collared white jerseys), the red/red is much more agreeable than I thought it would be, not a huge fan of the crest but I do like the shape, "USSF" doesn't immediately bring our national soccer team to mind but I agree that just "USA" is too easy for the imposters to rip-off,

Very nicely done.

Mexico

Spot on. Love the "El Tri" addition. Somehow this is an upgrade over their already stellar and loud '14 kits.

Costa Rica

New crest is excellent. I love the "Tico" monniker but you might be better off with just "Los Ticos" in lieu of Ticos Contigo or Pura Vida. Both of those strike me as a little tourism'y. Number fonts are supurb. Might make the blue just a shade or two deeper, that's my recollection of the color after being down there. Solid all around. Way solid.

Panama

My favorite of all of yours so far. I've always loved their flag, especially for its symmetry. Well done!!!!! These are just beautiful.

Honduras

Remarkable what you've done with just two colors. I felt bad for Honduras in Brazil because their uni's just weren't up to snuff. This fixes that. Think I'd make the "H" on the crest just a tad bigger.

El Salvador

Nice work! Only comment is that I think the ball in the crest looks like a volleyball (I get that it's an old soccer ball but my first association was volleyball).

Trinidad and Tobago

Wow. This would be one helluva look for a small island country. If they rolled up with these kits, the world would take them seriously. Very seriously. Are they worthy to play in these things is the only real question.

Haiti

Love the crest. And the white kit with the bi-color "zipper"/racing stripes look.

Jamaica

My least favorite set so far (only because one had to be), but they are still strong. I think some green on the home, somewhere, somehow would be great. And I'd love to see the Rastafarian red more heavily integrated. True, it doesn't show on the flag but we all associate it with Jamaica for whatever reason. The JFF logo seems more like a "personal" brand logo by Nike than a national crest. I wouldn't change a thing about the away.

Sweet series so far!! Cheers RaySox. You are killing it. No signs of whatever "funk" you were alluding to in the intro. None whatsoever.

Can't wait to see Bahamas. They have an awesome color palette to work with.

Loving all this feed back you guys. I started a new Football Manager save so I'm gonna slow down a bit, but I have a few in the hopper to post.

I originally was gonna do a logo with FJF as the monogram, but the open area between the F and J turned me off. It just seemed like a waste of space.

Cuba
The Cubans was a team that I kinda knew what I wanted to do going into the concept. I love Greece's logo with the flag vertical, and I wanted to try to bring that to the Cubans. The shape is the vertical flag, with the red triangle shape moved to the bottom to create a chevron. The hardest part of this whole concept was finding the right font for CUBA.

For the Kits, it's really a generic Adidas look that I threw some piping and sublimated stripes on. Nothing crazy to write home about, but I did do their traditional colors for home and road.
Cuba.png

Nice job on the Cuba kit and crest Mike. I like the adaptation of the Greek Hellas crest to the Cuban FF. Looks good and fits the kit nicely. Why break with looks with using Cuba\s traditional home and away kit colors. Its getting better and better mate. I echo OliverP comments...

So you said you started a new Football Manager save Mike, what club are you starting with?

Cheers mate and looking forward to the rest of the series when you decide to finish it.

That Cuba crest is spot on Mike fantastic, this series has been really spot on in terms of crests, besides Jamaica IMHO (I'll get to this later). But where I am left wanting more is with the kits (typically), is seems that last few kits we have seen a lot of 'template' kits. In real life its understandable that a lot of these teams would get these sorts of kits, but since its a 'concept' why not thing out of the box a bit? There is so much potential their with both Jamaica and Cuba but these just come up short to me.

The issue I have with Jamaica's crest is the balance is completely thrown off, I personally hated that Bolton crest so maybe that explains it? I think there is a good idea in their, just needs to be altered and jumbled up a little bit differently to reach its full potential.

So you said you started a new Football Manager save Mike, what club are you starting with?

There's achievements for taking a team in the lowest playable league to the highest playable league, so hopefully I can take Boston united up to the EPL!

Also Chris, I will admit my Adidas ones come up short when comig down to templates. I'll try to change that. Canada looks nice tho so hopefully that'll change everyone's mind.

Archived