CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

Absolutely beautiful. I really like the patterns you implemented on the hoops and stripes. It's a classy detail without being overwhelming. On the home/primary kit, is that yellow AND red stripes down the side?

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent job yet again Mike on Suriname. The crest is nicely done, the use of the Argentina sublimated hoops on the home kit, and the wine and yellow striped clash kits are a thing of beauty mate. That definitely sets Suriname apart from the rest of the FAs in CONCACAF. One of the best concepts behind Canada and Jamaica.

Pretty nice. My only issue is that the stripe pattern is different then what it shows on the actual (I opened it and looked). It also looks like a nike kit stuck on an Adidas template

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I have only one complaint: you should have kept COPA as the kit manufacturer and ditched the Adidas template altogether. The color scheme and balance are great on these, though.

QPR%20Sig.png

It looks nice, but why are you doing a team in South America?

Because Suriname is a part of CONCACAF even though it is in South America along with Guyana & French Guiana.

940px-CONCACAF.svg.png

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Guatemala

So for Guatemala, I wanted to go super classy, and try to start a trend with the team. That's why I took light blue and run with it.

The logo takes some cues from the Australia world cup logo. I put a wreath around a Resplendent Quetzal, both are found on the crest of the country. The stylized bird is on the current crest of Guatemala. I made a few modifications to make it more bird like. Then I put the federation name and the year it was established underneath. I wanted to do something that looked like it was created years ago.

Guatemala has sashes on both jerseys today, and I thought that that could become CONCACAF's version of the famous Argentina kits. I switched them to Umbro, and I took the font from the England 2010 World Cup jersey. The current home is monochrome royal blue, but I thought light blue and navy looked great together. I was excited to post this because it's one of my cleanest.

Guatemala.png

Something is bothering me about the number being higher than the umbro logo on the front. Usually it is the other way around. Doesn't mean you have to change it of course, just seems off to me.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Guatemala is really clean, and the crest is very nice. However, "FEDEFUT GUATEMALA" seems a little cramped where it is. Have you tried putting it above the wreath/bird? I think it would fit within the crest better and balance it more.

I agree. I think the crest would be balanced more if you switched the placement of the words and the wreath/quetzal. (By the way, I love that you included the quetzal in the crest.) I also really like the sashes on the kits. Great job.

award%20sig.png

I'll echo mbannon and suggest a little change to the crest as it looks cramped. What about moving the team name to the top, but keep the year at the bottom of the crest, but the bird in the middle, and use the wreath on the outside of the shield?

I like the simplicity of the kits, I think you nailed it.

@Jaker55: This is why you don't get good C&C on your designs lol. While it may not be eye-catching or modern, it's still a great crisp design. You can never go wrong with a sash kit. Plus Mike wanted this to be a simple classy design. So I think he achieved his goal!

I really like what you did with the Guate concept. Nice job cleaning up the lines of the quetzal and putting the entire logo into a cohesive identifiable shield-shaped crest. Also kudos on making the blue uniform between the two kits.

However, the quetzal the wreathes and the text do seem awkward together. Maybe try bringing the bottom of the wreaths down on either side of the word Fedefut, and keeping the quetzal in the centre of the wreaths. It might also help while doing this to shrink the Fedefut. I'm just going off of a rough image in my mind, mind you, but it's at least what I would try.

Also, if you wanted to clean it up a little and have the text not so cramped there, just put Guate instead of the full name. It's how the country commonly refers to itself and is on the current crest right now. That along with making the Fedefut smaller would clear out a lot of space.

Because apart from the awkwardness of the text, I think it's a major update for the country, and a sweet look for anyone. It just could stand to be a little cleaner.

Archived