CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

Definitely looking more like what we have come to expect from you Mike.

I really actually love the double red hoop kit for USA. The issue I do see with it however is that Canada has kinda accepted the double red hoops as their own, however, they would be different in your version of CONCACAF so perhaps it would work. The white kid is marvelous as well, I did like the simplicity of the centennial kits so this works for me too.

As for Mexico, I love it...That crest is spot on! Wish I would've thought of that fading vertical stripe for my Greece concept. As someone stated earlier don't like that the Adidas stripes don't go down the entire short, always looks weird to me when shorts randomly stop. As for the "Action Red" alternate kit, I like it for the most part. I actually think it would look better in person. Especially if the coloring is identical to those Louisville March Madness uniforms we saw, I think its called Action Red?

Looking forward to seeing what else you put together!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know why I comment, your concepts are always great. I think for Canada, a nice Red jersey, white shorts and a clash sporting black jersey and shorts would look good. I've always loved the black Rugby Canada jersey, and it looks just as nice in Soccer form.

Countries I'm interested in are Bahamas (those colours are great), Bermuda, Barbados, Anguilla (another great colour combo) and TnT.

Costa Rica

Onto a team that has been impressing everyone in Brazil.

The Ticos have a meh logo and meh uniform. I think they have a real chance of being CONCACAF's 3rd super power, based on their performance in the Hex and the World Cup. I started with a new logo. I had trouble getting started. I wanted something unique. I looked up "Costa Rican patterns" on google and it came up with tons of geometric patterns. I made my own, and used it as the centerpiece of the crest behind the ball. On the border, it says "Ticos Contigo" which is loosely translated to "Ticos With You", giving a sense of unity and support from the Costa Rican public. That phrase was used by BlackBolt3 on his Costa Rican concept in the Creamer World Cup and I thought it was absolutely genius.

The kits are cleaned up a lot. I switched them to nike, since I'm sure one of the big brands will pick them up after their results in Brazil. I wanted very simple. The sleeve band is white with a thin blue stripe running around it. I continued that pattern on the collar and socks. I found out a clash they used to wear was black and white stripes. I'm all about adding color to CONCACAF and I thought a Juventus look would look great for this team, and you can see how different the kits are color wise.

CostaRica.png

This is some fantastic stuff man! Well thought out and great execution. Always look forward to your concepts and can't wait to see more of this series. Especially the Caribbean nations. Feel like you could get pretty original and crazier with them.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

It's "3" in my name. Get it right. ;)

Your crest was actually close to what I was going to with, but ultimately I wanted a blend of generations. Maybe that's what I should've ran with...

The other two are great, as usual with you.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

For Mexico, that crest is pretty damn awesome and the kits seem on point for me. The pattern in the gradient stripe is an amazing touch, would look great in real life.

As for Costa Rica, the home kit instantly reminded me of Chile, although the details obviously prove otherwise. The clash kit is very interesting and a nice change from just being a reverse of the home kit as a lot of smaller footballing nations do, especially with the sublimated pattern. I also like how it is Juve inspired, and in turn looks like Collingwood of the AFL. The yellow of the sun in the crest is the only part that throws me off, it seems more like it is meant to connect it with the CONCACAF logo rather than being a call to the current crest.

Ooo, a new raysox concept series. :)

United States
Straightforward kits, but nice and clean and they showcase the national colours well I think. It's an interesting take on the crest, but if I'm to be picky it looks a little empty to me in the top left of the striped area.

Mexico
Lovely stuff, especially on the home kit. The gradiated patterning's a great touch.

Costa Rica
Top work on the crest, and the kits are crisp and simple but with the added touch of the patterning to inject a touch of personality.

As an individual kit the Mexican home's my favourite so far, but as a complete set (crest, home and away) Costa Rica's very, very strong.

Where did you get the theme "ticos contigo" from? Perhaps "Pura Vida" might be a theme that more appropriately represents Los Ticos?

I'll take this one. Pura Vida means "pure life" which is a pretty common saying amongst Costa Ricans. Ticos Contigo loosely means "Costa Ricans are with you". To represent a country, the latter is more suitable IMO.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived