2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

I searched for a thread about this, so if I missed this, I apologize, and whoever can, feel free to delete this.

Anyway, I've seen a few changes mentioned in a few threads about new unis, logos, and courts for the upcoming college basketball season. I know VCU will be getting new uniforms and a new court.

As for their conference, the Atlantic 10 received new logos

OTQDHQSYDCBXQXB.20140630183803.jpg

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209535535&DB_OEM_ID=31600

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say upgrade, but only by default. Their old logo wasn't much better than just A10 typed in any random font. It seems very uneven to me for some reason, almost like the A was supposed to cover as much space as the 10.

Looks like they stole the A from the Arena Football League Logo. Not a fan of the logo at all. The banner is the worst out of all of them. I assume they'll put that on the teams' courts?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm not a big fan of twitter handles or hashtags on basketball courts. Especially in this case when they decide to use a vintage cartoon mascot at center court. The big wolf face clashes with that new ACC logo too.

As much as I love vintage cartoon mascots (Wichita State's is gorgeous), they don't always work as center court logos. But this just makes me miss the big slobbering hog that used to be on Arkansas's court. When they work, they work. When they don't, you get this.

I'm not a big fan of twitter handles or hashtags on basketball courts. Especially in this case when they decide to use a vintage cartoon mascot at center court. The big wolf face clashes with that new ACC logo too.

As much as I love vintage cartoon mascots (Wichita State's is gorgeous), they don't always work as center court logos. But this just makes me miss the big slobbering hog that used to be on Arkansas's court. When they work, they work. When they don't, you get this.

Arkansas hasn't made the NCAAT since we took slobberin hog off the court. unhappy-057.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived