2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SIAP: South Carolina has new basketball uniforms. Including camouflage shorts. The jerseys themselves are a HUGE upgrade from what we were wearing, but I'm not a fan of camo pants because 1. they're ugly and 2. we're in no way affiliated with the military.

USATSI_8317691_168381178_lowres_zps8d9da

Looks like the template Maryland wore vs Michigan State.

i-1_zps6734fbaa.jpg

90758391980.gif

Adidas typically does a good job when it comes to basketball. Their basketball design teams are miles better than the football department.

As for South Carolina, the jerseys also have camo in them. It looks like it fades from solid to camo in the last quarter or so of the jersey. The twitter account posted this last week

B6dFbIoIMAAbHip.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

But the side panels feels very retro, in comparison: it's fine on it's face, but it doesn't mesh with any of the other elements in MD's current brand identity -- at least that I've seen...

It's almost as if those side panels are a new UA template that will get handed down to other schools over time.

SIAP: South Carolina has new basketball uniforms. Including camouflage shorts. The jerseys themselves are a HUGE upgrade from what we were wearing, but I'm not a fan of camo pants because 1. they're ugly and 2. we're in no way affiliated with the military.

USATSI_8317691_168381178_lowres_zps8d9da

And the road uniforms:

hi-res-8ffa90893016f11cd92b33e0fdccd6f5_

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Those side panels make a lot more sense as part of a generic UA template than as part of MD's specific identity. I still don't like it for the Terps because they already had a distinctive brand. But, I'm not as familiar with S Carolina's brand, so it's less offensive to me in that context.

Unfortunately it's just looking like we'll be wearing them against Minnesota on January 10th, but I agree that we should at least adopt that jersey full-time, and then maybe modernize the shorts to fit today's minimalism

That feel when our debut of these beautiful throwbacks is banished to ESPNU...

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Hey, add Auburn to the growing list of teams wearing the template. Tiger stripes are sublimated, and UA actually got the orange wrong. It's more of a volt orange than the typical burnt orange.

10681222_zpsd5d7ffc1.jpeg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

My LMU Lions officially sold their souls to Nike. A school whose athletic colors are crimson, navy, and gray went BFBS.

07EEF22E-DF4C-461E-83BB-91B9B9C2B05E_zps

LMU already has a nice color scheme - like you said. And, even better when they include the "Marymount Blue":

LoyolaMarymountU_ATH01_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

I loved that Maryland template at first because I thought it was designed specifically for them with a turtle shell/hexagon influence in mind.

Also, yeah, Kansas looks gorgeous this season. I hope waist stripes become more prominent again in basketball design. Even Louisville's ultra-thick stripe is growing on me.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Is this logo on the front no wordmark on the jersey thing that Nike did(like the pro combats) a few years ago, now a thing available to all Nike teams?? I'm watching Richmond vs GW and both teams are in jerseys that have that. Though it's not a bad looking matchup(Richmond in red, GW in gold)

Adidas throwback uniforms for Mississippi State... Maybe they can actually win an SEC game in these.

7zBYc4c.jpg

I must say Adidas does a pretty nice job with throwbacks...it's the modern stuff that sucks for most of their teams.

Archived