2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

Those all look good until you get to the waistband. Those shorts are wretched.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IU got the treatment also but they tell Adidas what they want and will tell them no on designs. Here is IU's...

10823691.jpeg

That cream uni looks spectacular!!

Most of these look pretty good...from the top half only. The boardshorts hurt the look for sure. Everything at this point just feels like "adidas for adidas's sake" really. AFAS. #StopAdidas2015

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

There's no guarantee they will actually wear them. Didn't Kansas opt out of the Made in March uniforms last year?

Kansas opted out of wearing the camoflage shorts in the NCAA tournament two years ago. They did wear them in the Big 12 tournament though.

which is what I think will happen again. My guess is if any bubble school wears them and wins a conference tourney, they'll keep wearing them for the NCAAs. I like how everyone refers to them as the Board Shorts. I can't understand the logic behind them. It's like someone walked into the design room and said "boys, these shorts aren't as silly as camo, try something dumber"

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

IU got the treatment also but they tell Adidas what they want and will tell them no on designs. Here is IU's...

10823691.jpeg

I think the torch-and-stars logo would be a pretty sweet waistband logo, instead of reusing the IU trident.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10823691.jpeg

You really have to hand it to Indiana for not slavishly accepting templated designs. To give every team the Louisville don't-worry-my-underwear-isn't-hanging-out-of-my-shorts-it's-just-an-obscenely-thick-waist-stripe is a joke, but the biggest joke is of course Adidas also pasting three stripes onto every team's shorts:

hKUkyXU.jpg

At least the jerseys aren't templated (though I find it sad that Lousville winds up with sleeves). The one thing I have to give Adidas props on is finally incorporating this beloved vintage Michigan logo (even if it is part of the waistband template):

oL2wj3x.png

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Postseason uniforms from Adidas were just released.

B-x2duvVEAAn7j_.jpg

I'm looking more at the waistband logos now since they're my favorite thing about the Michigan unis, and does South Carolina just not have one? Also, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Nebraska look pretty lame just using the same primary logo as on their shorts (color-swapped for the templated Wisconsin and Nebraska).
B-x2XqZUUAE1aGE.jpg
Oh, and that road uni for UCLA is an abomination

XCUfRbB.jpg

I actually don't think these sets are that bad. Of course I think Wisconsin is in such bad need of a new uni design, I'm just happy to see them in something different. Only one more year of Adidas and then hopefully on to Nike.

The shorts are universally terrible except for Indiana's, and Indiana's look is ruined by the fact that the red jersey is completely different from everything else in the set for no apparent reason. I also think UCLA looks better with the script on the front of the jerseys than the block lettering, but they should have gone with the more "upright" version from the Ed O'Bannon-era warmup jackets:

RtYEuEZ.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

So, looks like Duke might have a blue Disruption jersey after all, bringing this year's total to 7 unis. Maybe the other schools have road one-off unis too, despite the press release. You can also zoom in here on all of the uniform combinations to see them close up, which is cool for the uni obsessed. (Includes the 2012 and 2013 Nike one-off's in here too).

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/201415/Nike-Gear/Duke-Uniforms/

So, looks like Duke might have a blue Disruption jersey after all, bringing this year's total to 7 unis. Maybe the other schools have road one-off unis too, despite the press release. You can also zoom in here on all of the uniform combinations to see them close up, which is cool for the uni obsessed. (Includes the 2012 and 2013 Nike one-off's in here too).

I wonder how side panel design is going to work with that new template?

B-x2duvVEAAn7j_.jpg

I'm looking more at the waistband logos now since they're my favorite thing about the Michigan unis, and does South Carolina just not have one? Also, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Nebraska look pretty lame just using the same primary logo as on their shorts (color-swapped for the templated Wisconsin and Nebraska).

B-x2XqZUUAE1aGE.jpg

Oh, and that road uni for UCLA is an abomination

I'm guessing you mean NC State?

The blue version doesn't look all that bad. I fully expect the other teams to have a color version as well after seeing Duke's.

May have been mentioned already, but I was at Dick's last night and they have a whole set up of those Adidas shorts and tops on a big display. Mainly black and gray.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

B-x2duvVEAAn7j_.jpg

I'm guessing you mean NC State?

hah, yes, thanks for the catch. Looked at the colors and moved on without checking the logo.

XCUfRbB.jpg

B-x1XfdUEAArf_l.jpg

B-x1viQUIAE-Fyu.jpg

B-x2IorVEAEEF3q.jpg

B-x2XqZUUAE1aGE.jpg

Those shorts are horrendous.

But why did Adidas bother including shoes in the pics, when they're not bothering to outfit most of the teams with team-specific colorways? Those generic white shoes might look fine with some sneakers, but they're not going to pop on TV.

I assume NCAA rules prevent players from wearing shoes in any color other than school colors (unlike the NBA, where you can wear volt/anthracite/energy/nitrate, regardless of the team you play for). But why go with old school white -- especially when the ugly color-blocking on the shorts make it clear that you're not going retro?

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/571433566695006210

Hell yeah, go Cincy! Honestly, those (Bearcat?) eyes on the center of the waistband are pretty creepy. And the pic included in that tweet shows only 2 stripes on the shorts instead of 3 like all the others (save for Indiana of course), unless there's a black line between the red and white that just got folded over. Why did Cincinnati ditch Jordan though? Since it was for Adidas, I'm guessing it was all about the Benjamins, which is a shame

XCUfRbB.jpg

B-x2duvVEAAn7j_.jpg

Guys, I...actually really like these shorts. They have a "letterman jacket" feel to them IMO. I'm definitely not a fan of how most seem to clash with their tops, but that's my only complaint.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/571433566695006210

Hell yeah, go Cincy! Honestly, those (Bearcat?) eyes on the center of the waistband are pretty creepy. And the pic included in that tweet shows only 2 stripes on the shorts instead of 3 like all the others (save for Indiana of course), unless there's a black line between the red and white that just got folded over. Why did Cincinnati ditch Jordan though? Since it was for Adidas, I'm guessing it was all about the Benjamins, which is a shame

Louisville, A&M, NC State and Nebraska all have 2 stripes. And Cincinnati has been with Adidas since 2008.

Archived