2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

Can anyone explain the logic behind the side stripe design for Purdue? Why didn't they connect the stripes at the waist? Knowing Nike, I'm guessing it has something to do with train tracks or something. It bothered me more than it should have while I was watching them play tonight.

466927850-jon-octeus-of-the-purdue-boile

B9316609481Z.1_20150315175823_000_GF8A7K

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dm_150316_ncb_linardi_buffalo.jpg

Oh, Buffalo, you're a mess. That "wordmark" which doubles as your primary logo is terrible and too busy for a jersey.

Yikes. Most schools would come up with a wordmark that's much more compact and apt for a jersey but their's looks like someone took the wording from a school letterhead and had it screenprinted on generic jerseys. Looks so lazy and cheap. I've seen high schools with better jerseys and wordmarks.

You should've seen their football jerseys. They have the same wordmark as well.

Except it was a crappy patch, which looked even worse

New-Buffalo-Football-Jerseys.jpg

That looks even worse. Not sure why they're trying to emphasize the New York part of the school's name when almost everyone just calls them Buffalo. You can definitely tell the administration has no idea about marketing and branding since using the full name just doesn't roll off the tongue smoothly.

Also, beware of the Oregon/Oklahoma State game since Oregon is wearing their yellow Fighting Ducks uniforms while the Cowboys are wearing their orange uniforms. It's going to be an eye-searing game for those that can't handle that much color.

CAkp2L7UcAAHuUt.jpg

After watching the end of the Louisville game, I gotta say I like what UC Irvine went with from Adidas:

CAK9OZPUIAAPJ9T.jpg

The solid white over the shoulders give it the whole "practice uniform" vibe. No yellow on shorts either. Grade: D.

6uXNWAo.png

seeing UCI Eaters in their NCAA Tourney v Louisville today reminds me how bad last years adidas templet was. Looked like practice gear.

Louisville doesn't look bad (except for the stupid shorts)

Also: Very disappointed that I haven't seen a Maryland player with the state flag cut into his hair to match the football team's Pride helmet.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I think Coastal Carolina's uniforms are pretty overrated. What's going on with that side stripe? Russell Athletic's at least representing in March Madness

I agree the uniform template CC uses is pretty basic, but just having teal unis in the NCAAs is a pretty cool rarity.

6uXNWAo.png

After wearing the HyperElite Disruption jerseys in the ACC quarters and losing in the HyperElite Dominance jerseys (the fauxbacks) in the semis, Duke went back to the Disruption jerseys for the NCAA Round of 64. I expect Duke to keep wearing them. Senior Captain Quinn Cook apparently picks the jerseys. Duke hasn't worn its traditional home jerseys since the end of December, wearing almost exclusively the fauxbacks since then (with the Dominance jerseys 3 times now). On the road, Duke hasn't worn its standard blue jerseys since late January, when it got its blue fauxbacks. Since getting them, Duke has only worn its standard black jersey once (Virginia Tech).

Duke has a blue Disruption jersey too, but would only potentially wear it in the Final Four. Weird, that basically Duke has stopped wearing its standard home and road jerseys (especially since Duke is relatively traditional with its uniform modifications over the past 35 years).

It's interesting that between the Nike and Adidas schools, virtually no one wears their regular uniforms in the NCAA tournament anymore. The Adidas schools have the "Made in March" jerseys which are atrocious and the premier Nike Elite schools either are wearing fauxbacks if they have them or using the Dominance jerseys if they got them (they were supposed to be home one-offs, yet a number of schools have road versions).

Also, interesting to note the new T-shirt/shooting shirt explosion. Started with Adidas's slogan shirts a couple of years ago. Now Nike is doing the same with all of its warm up shirts for the tourney (as is Adidas again). Both Nike and UnderArmour also made special Selection Sunday men's and women's T-shirts for their teams to wear at the selection shows.

It should be noted of course that all of this new product is for sale everywhere.

Archived