2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching UCLA wear that board short garbage is just a travesty.

Lately in my Graphic Design class, we've been discussing the meaning of a concept and what makes a good concept. So especially lately, I've been really paying attention to logos and uniforms with that in mind. When I see this Adidas tournament line, I just can't help but wonder what in the world the concept behind them was. It's really, really hard to develop an idea of what they may have been going for. No ties to any of the schools, no rhyme or reason, no real difference between the schools who use it other than colors and wordmarks/numbers. At least the latest Nike disruption(?) line has designs on the shorts that are unique to thier schools (though still unnecessary uniforms).

Just really, really poor design.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Should UCLA make it to Indianapolis (not holding my breath on that one), I believe they'll ditch the cursive script and cummerbund for the traditional look we all recognize and respect -- or at least I would hope!

6uXNWAo.png

just "accidently" drop a gallon of bleach on them on gameday and wear their regular shorts.

Should UCLA make it to Indianapolis (not holding my breath on that one), I believe they'll ditch the cursive script and cummerbund for the traditional look we all recognize and respect -- or at least I would hope!

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Say what you want but the blue UCLA unis look great on TV. of course it's more because of the colours not becuse of the design but they look great.

On this point, Louisville looked like Cincinnati from far away because their red/white shorts were changed to black/white with the tournament uniforms. It wasn't a really big change and it didn't let them stand out from the othdr adidas teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah they've been wearing those for a few years.

I like Xavier's uniforms. The X on the shorts feels like a throwback design element from when shorts were smaller and designers had less real estate with which to work. Xavier hasn't always worn them, but they could've.

UCLA in anything other than the Wooden uniforms is a damn travesty. F*** Adidas. They've ruined UCLA in two sports.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm not a fan of the bland, generic NCAA tourney floors they've been using for a few years now. It was always cool to see floors from places you never got to see regularly. With that being said, would it be so hard for the ncaa to paint the endlines/lettering in the host schools colors? I'm sure the floors are reused annually, and I'm sure they sand and paint the city names and buildings every year. For example, they could have the Charlotte/ TimeWarner Arena painted in Green/ gold of UNC Charlotte. That wouldn't be too expensive or a hassle for the NCAA. Just an idea.

Xavier's had that "X" on their shorts for a while - at least from the Tu Holloway days playing in the A-10.

Maybe it's just me but every time I've seen Xavier on TV, it seems like their shorts are much longer and baggier than everyone else's. I've always thought their number font is really weird too.

I'm not a fan of the bland, generic NCAA tourney floors they've been using for a few years now. It was always cool to see floors from places you never got to see regularly. With that being said, would it be so hard for the ncaa to paint the endlines/lettering in the host schools colors? I'm sure the floors are reused annually, and I'm sure they sand and paint the city names and buildings every year. For example, they could have the Charlotte/ TimeWarner Arena painted in Green/ gold of UNC Charlotte. That wouldn't be too expensive or a hassle for the NCAA. Just an idea.

Or they could just use the teams court that they are playing on. So, just use UNC- Charlotte's court for the Time Warner arena. I just hate the idea of templating courts,

Or they could just use the teams court that they are playing on. So, just use UNC- Charlotte's court for the Time Warner arena. I just hate the idea of templating courts,

oh, I'd much rather the regular courts in the tourney. I'm just suggesting a middle ground.

Thats really not a bad idea. It would be like the conference logos, every team has one in their own colors. It would definitely be a new idea. I've toyed around with a few ideas, but I hadn't thought of that. I personally would just like them to update the look to something more modern. They've had the same template for the first 2 weekends for several years.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

^^They were actually introduced this season against Arizona. Last year they wore the yellow throwbacks with both the green shorts pictured above and yellow shorts, but the green tops weren't introduced until this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^^They were actually introduced this season against Arizona. Last year they wore the yellow throwbacks with both the green shorts pictured above and yellow shorts, but the green tops weren't introduced until this season.

Technically you are correct about the jersey, but the basic design was introduced last season so my statement is still somewhat true.

Xavier's had that "X" on their shorts for a while - at least from the Tu Holloway days playing in the A-10.

Maybe it's just me but every time I've seen Xavier on TV, it seems like their shorts are much longer and baggier than everyone else's. I've always thought their number font is really weird too.

I noticed that too. imo that's what's holding back those plain Xs from looking good: they look way too stretched out and thin on those long baggy shorts

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived