2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

Xavier's had that "X" on their shorts for a while - at least from the Tu Holloway days playing in the A-10.

Maybe it's just me but every time I've seen Xavier on TV, it seems like their shorts are much longer and baggier than everyone else's. I've always thought their number font is really weird too.

Isn't the number font just Copperplate (or a near derivative of it)?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xavier's had that "X" on their shorts for a while - at least from the Tu Holloway days playing in the A-10.

Maybe it's just me but every time I've seen Xavier on TV, it seems like their shorts are much longer and baggier than everyone else's. I've always thought their number font is really weird too.

Isn't the number font just Copperplate (or a near derivative of it)?

Yes, straight Copperplate on the wordmark and number

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Which has always bugged me, since their wordmark is in Newtext Bold. It wouldn't be a difficult fix to use the right font, and it would look better too:

TUV2Dtz.png

Kind of incredible how much better that looks. I was never bothered by (or even noticed) the discrepancy.

It looks much better, as does the drop shadow.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm not a fan of the bland, generic NCAA tourney floors they've been using for a few years now. It was always cool to see floors from places you never got to see regularly. With that being said, would it be so hard for the ncaa to paint the endlines/lettering in the host schools colors? I'm sure the floors are reused annually, and I'm sure they sand and paint the city names and buildings every year. For example, they could have the Charlotte/ TimeWarner Arena painted in Green/ gold of UNC Charlotte. That wouldn't be too expensive or a hassle for the NCAA. Just an idea.

The city names aren't even paint. They're vinyl stickers.

^^They were actually introduced this season against Arizona. Last year they wore the yellow throwbacks with both the green shorts pictured above and yellow shorts, but the green tops weren't introduced until this season.

Technically you are correct about the jersey, but the basic design was introduced last season so my statement is still somewhat true.

You're wrong. Accept it and learn.

^^They were actually introduced this season against Arizona. Last year they wore the yellow throwbacks with both the green shorts pictured above and yellow shorts, but the green tops weren't introduced until this season.

Technically you are correct about the jersey, but the basic design was introduced last season so my statement is still somewhat true.

You're wrong. Accept it and learn.

Considering an element of the uniforms were introduced last year, my statement wasn't wrong. Don't need to accept anything.

The NCAA has gone the NFL route of saving something that costs pennies relative to the enormous haul of profit they make.

I know it wouldn't be popular opinion, but a sublimated skyline of the host city would look pretty neat on the floors. Just a little something to give it a touch of local flavor. I can imagine that some locations would be difficult to choose just one set of school colors for (i.e. is Chicago in DePaul's colors? UIC's? Loyola-IL's? Chicago State's?)

I'm not a fan of the bland, generic NCAA tourney floors they've been using for a few years now. It was always cool to see floors from places you never got to see regularly. With that being said, would it be so hard for the ncaa to paint the endlines/lettering in the host schools colors? I'm sure the floors are reused annually, and I'm sure they sand and paint the city names and buildings every year. For example, they could have the Charlotte/ TimeWarner Arena painted in Green/ gold of UNC Charlotte. That wouldn't be too expensive or a hassle for the NCAA. Just an idea.

Well, I thought they might use stickers, I wasn't sure. I know they went away from the regular arena floors b/c of the slippery decals causing problems (allegedly)

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The NCAA has gone the NFL route of saving something that costs pennies relative to the enormous haul of profit they make.

I know it wouldn't be popular opinion, but a sublimated skyline of the host city would look pretty neat on the floors. Just a little something to give it a touch of local flavor. I can imagine that some locations would be difficult to choose just one set of school colors for (i.e. is Chicago in DePaul's colors? UIC's? Loyola-IL's? Chicago State's?)

Well every year you know what schools bid on the sites cause the logo is by the end lines by the benches, ie: Pittsburgh, was hosted by Duquesne. That's how they would know what team colors to use.

You should've seen their football jerseys. They have the same wordmark as well.

Except it was a crappy patch, which looked even worse

New-Buffalo-Football-Jerseys.jpg

That looks even worse. Not sure why they're trying to emphasize the New York part of the school's name when almost everyone just calls them Buffalo. You can definitely tell the administration has no idea about marketing and branding since using the full name just doesn't roll off the tongue smoothly.

This is what happens when the Athletic Department is trying to position itself as New York's State University. I can affirm that no one calls them the State University of New York at Buffalo unless they're trying to be funnily ironic. (If funnily isn't a word, it should be.)

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Well, I thought they might use stickers, I wasn't sure. I know they went away from the regular arena floors b/c of the slippery decals causing problems (allegedly)

I haven't taken notice much the past couple of years but it seemed like there were a lot more slips than usual on the ncaa floors two years ago.

Right. I could be wrong, but I think everything on the court that is in play is painted on. The interchangeable decals (city, arena name, host school logo, etc.) are all in the out-of-bounds area, where you don't have much risk of players slipping.

Well every year you know what schools bid on the sites cause the logo is by the end lines by the benches, ie: Pittsburgh, was hosted by Duquesne. That's how they would know what team colors to use.

in 2011 the Final Four was hosted by both Rice and Houston. I believe the ones held in Kansas City and Chicago have also been hosted by conferences (Big XII and B1G, respectively) in past years.

Right. I could be wrong, but I think everything on the court that is in play is painted on. The interchangeable decals (city, arena name, host school logo, etc.) are all in the out-of-bounds area, where you don't have much risk of players slipping.

I think that's the case because too many players and coaches talked about how slippery the on-court decals could be, especially if they got any kind of moisture no them.

Looks like I was wrong and Oregon is going with their green throwbacks that were introduced last year.

CAuii2CWwAA8c6N.jpg

What about this makes you right? Because you clearly state that they are wearing their green throwbacks they introduced last year. Not, they are wearing green throwbacks that they introduced the green shorts last year and added a matching green for this season. That would be a correct statement.

Looks like I was wrong and Oregon is going with their green throwbacks that were introduced last year.

CAuii2CWwAA8c6N.jpg

Was I seeing the backs of those correctly yesterday...is there a pixilated tree pattern on the back?

You should've seen their football jerseys. They have the same wordmark as well.

Except it was a crappy patch, which looked even worse

New-Buffalo-Football-Jerseys.jpg

That looks even worse. Not sure why they're trying to emphasize the New York part of the school's name when almost everyone just calls them Buffalo. You can definitely tell the administration has no idea about marketing and branding since using the full name just doesn't roll off the tongue smoothly.

This is what happens when the Athletic Department is trying to position itself as New York's State University. I can affirm that no one calls them the State University of New York at Buffalo unless they're trying to be funnily ironic. (If funnily isn't a word, it should be.)

Yeah, I never understood that...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived