2014-2015 College Basketball

JonBoy

What's up with these Gonzaga BFBS uniforms? I want to dislike them but I sorta love them. If you gave this design to a team whose usual colors were black and white with blue and red accents (ok, maybe that doesn't exist), I'd approve.

pDSP1-19753305p275w.jpg

I love that wordmark

The Blue Jays called, they want they script back...

It's actually the exact same split-letter font as the late-90s Stanford basketball unis.

I believe Villanova used a script like that in the late '90s as well.

This is really close to the script Villanova uses in their current logo.

On these jerseys, UniWatch linked to an article today about how the students want them burned because they're "Cursed". Can't blame them, thats what they get for BFBS I suppose.

Not being able to accomplish something your school's never done (advance past the Elite Eight) because you lost to a #1 seed Duke makes a uniform cursed? I think Gonzaga students are letting their cupcake schedule results get to their head

Are SMU, St. John's, Arizona, and UCLA cupcakes? Zags even played Georgia, who happened to make the tournament too.

#84 strength of schedule. not bad but not great

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone knows true strength of schedule is based on out-of-conference opponents. Just because the WCC sucked isn't Gonzaga's fault.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't care one way or the other about that font...but I HATE that it says "ZAGS". We call 'em "Zags" for shorthand, and that's fine, but "Zags" on the jersey is awful. It should say "Gonzaga" or "Bulldogs" and that's about it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What's up with these Gonzaga BFBS uniforms? I want to dislike them but I sorta love them. If you gave this design to a team whose usual colors were black and white with blue and red accents (ok, maybe that doesn't exist), I'd approve.

pDSP1-19753305p275w.jpg

I love that wordmark

It's actually the exact same split-letter font as the late-90s Stanford basketball unis.

I believe Villanova used a script like that in the late '90s as well.

This is really close to the script Villanova uses in their current logo.

On these jerseys, UniWatch linked to an article today about how the students want them burned because they're "Cursed". Can't blame them, thats what they get for BFBS I suppose.

I'm looking for a pic of the Villanova jersey I'm thinking of but I'm having a hard tme finding one. Now that I think abut it, maybe it was just the number font that looked the same as Gonzagas script. This was late 90s when they still used maroon as a trim color. I remember I had a Nike Jason Lawson navy replica jersey.

mack_drives_it_up.jpg

This is the only time Villanova used a split-letter or split-number font. It's rounded, far different than the Machine font the Zags use.

Duke has only worn its regular home uniforms once since the end of December (against Pitt in January) otherwise, it was the fauxbacks at home and neutral site games. Duke got hasn't worn its regular blue uniforms since the game at Notre Dame in late January, then it wore black at Virginia and got the new road fauxbacks which they have worn since (except black at Va. Tech). Duke wore Distruption jerseys in the one-off game against Syracuse and then went back to them for the ACC Quarters when they dominated State. Duke lost in the fauxbacks the next night vs. Notre Dame. Senior Captain Quinn Cook gets to pick the uniforms. Duke went back to Disruption for NCAAs because they have clearly become superstitious and haven't lost in the them (Cook loves the fauxbacks as evidenced by earlier in the season). There is a blue Disruption jersey ready should Duke and Kentucky advance to Monday Night.

That is the long way of saying if Duke weren't superstitious, you wouldn't see so much of this jersey.

pDSP1-19753305p275w.jpg

I love that wordmark

Try late-90s Colorado football. ;)

cu_1998.png

DYK, Split lines through numbers have now been outlawed in some leagues -- See Villanova Wildcats and Memphis Grizzlies slight modifications.

6uXNWAo.png

pDSP1-19753305p275w.jpg

I love that wordmark

cu_1998.png

DYK, Split lines through numbers have now been outlawed in some leagues -- See Villanova Wildcats and Memphis Grizzlies slight modifications.

My favorite CU look, with the traditional (pre-2015 changes) a close second.

pDSP1-19753305p275w.jpg

I love that wordmark

cu_1998.png

Interesting... I always thought the Grizzlies' number change was related to the switch to Rev 30 jerseys. Was there an NBA rule change the same year?

Thanks for the explanation....so a random player like Cook get to choose , eh ? Amazing, he went 2 for 10 in the gonzaga game, and looked like the worst player in the history of basketball, great to know he gets to pick how the team looks. .

I wouldn't call a senior captain a random player.

There are blue versions of both and both teams have worn them at least once. UK wore theirs at the end of the regular season. If you go back in this thread there are pictures.

right,sorry, i could just have looked on various online stores, i see jersey and shorts for sale, just all blue, heat pressed logos on shorts, but the price is still he same as the "old" unis with much more going on...smh

Reminds me of Nike shoes these days, you used to pay the big money for the Airbag technology, now they sell shoes with foam cushioning for the same high price, they just give the foam a fancy name like lunarlon.....those disruptive unis and the foam shoes, i belive it´s "The Emperor's New Clothes"

Archived