MichiganPackers

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA Galaxy

Chicago Fire

Houston Dynamo

What about them?

Galaxy sort of works because LA is large and diverse and the centre of the pop culture world.

Houston Dynamo is one of those European style names that doesn't really work.

The Chicago Fire have always had a weird identity. The branding revolves around firefighting, which you would think a team named "Fire" would want to avoid.

LA Galaxy

Chicago Fire

Houston Dynamo

What about them?

Galaxy sort of works because LA is large and diverse and the centre of the pop culture world.

The Chicago Fire have always had a weird identity. The branding revolves around firefighting, which you would think a team named "Fire" would want to avoid.

Dynamo - pronounced DI-nah-moe - has nothing, absolutely nothing, with the Eastern European teams, like Dynamo/Dinamo( dee-NAH-moe) Moscow, and has everything to do with a machine that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. Houston is a large city associated with energy production.

Plus, there was a team in the 1984 United Soccer League called the Houston Dynamos then again in the 1987-90 Lone Star Soccer Alliance.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

What are the thoughts on Hitmen? It's plural but doesn't end with an s.

Personally I don't like how it sounds, if they're going with the mafia connection- I'd rather go with a name like the Dons or the Godfathers.
This team I was referring to (Calgary) is not mafia connected.

3148878-bret_hart_wallpaper_.jpg

IEI5Tg1.png

I think Houston Dynamo is a really good MLS name, actually. For MLS, I like collective nouns or singular nouns that conjure up some sort of bigger-than-the-sum-of-its-parts object, like a dynamo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What are the thoughts on Hitmen? It's plural but doesn't end with an s.

Personally I don't like how it sounds, if they're going with the mafia connection- I'd rather go with a name like the Dons or the Godfathers.
This team I was referring to (Calgary) is not mafia connected.

3148878-bret_hart_wallpaper_.jpg

Gotcha, I figured you were talking about the New Jersey Hitmen of the XFL and USPHL.

Untitled_zps5e4a382a.png

LA Galaxy

Chicago Fire

Houston Dynamo

What about them?

The Fire nickname dates back to the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.

LA Galaxy

Chicago Fire

Houston Dynamo

What about them?

^Exactly, in that way the Chicago Fire is similar to the Texas Rangers and Colorado Rockies.

Untitled_zps5e4a382a.png

LA Galaxy

Chicago Fire

Houston Dynamo

What about them?

I'm aware. My point is that the identity is a contradiction.

Archived