Sports You Never Cared For

TheRicSlick

Everybody has had a sport they never liked, or never bothered to care for. So I would be interested to hear what's your's.

For me, it's Soccer and Hockey and NASCAR.

I don't understand why people find wasting gas, tires, and turning left 90 times fun to watch.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't care for soccer until this world cup. Honestly, I like soccer now. I'm not going to watch it all the time, but I don't hate it anymore.

Now Lacrosse on the other hand... I hate it. Probably because of the culture it has spawned in America over the past 4 years. Lax bros are so annoying. And plus, they are almost always major douche bags as well, which makes the sport even more unlikable for me.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

For me it's basketball, I can't play or watch without being bored. Sort of the same with baseball, but I do love going out to the ballpark to watch a game when I can, so that makes it better.

I also stay away from the college sports scene, no matter the sport. I just can't really get into it the same way other people can.

Soccer and cricket, namely.

I could probably watch rugby, lacrosse, and even something like NASCAR and glean some level of appreciation for it (okay, probably not NASCAR). I've been over the soccer crap a million times, but in a nutshell I find the game doesn't translate to television and the game is often secondary to the crowds and fan intensity rather than the simple sport it is.

Cricket is a game that is overwhelmingly english to the point I feel my teeth are rotting. I'll stick to my roided up goliaths smashing home runs, thank you.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I never liked soccer until this World Cup, and now I'm embarrassed to say it, but I like it More than my beloved baseball? Possibly, even though I'd like to deny it.

As for the ones I don't like, basketball is one. For some reason I never can seem to watch or follow it. Also I find Lacrosse and Rugby very boring--I don't know why. I'm actually a bit of a NASCAR fan and although I'll never follow cricket, I actually find it interesting to watch on ESPN3 every now and then.

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

NASCAR is a strange, strange bird. It's audience started out as the total antithesis of golf but at some point they became the same. Both sports are ideal "afternoon nap" viewing that, if timed right, you can wake up during crucial events involuntarily.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've never liked hockey, possibly because playing ice hockey around where I live is practically unheard of outside of on a frozen pond. Can't say I've ever played hockey, watched a full game of hockey, or even given it a chance whatsoever. And if I considered NASCAR a sport, it would go on this list.

spacer.png

Soccer.

It is a boring ass sport. They should just play 10 minute matches. The first 40 minutes of each half the teams are just kicking the ball around playing keep away. And save the "it's by far the most popular sport in the world" crap. Justin Beiber & Psy are the most popular singers in the world.

It's hilarious watching all these people act so intense about the WC. 99% of them don't give two :censored:s about soccer. Yet it's all people have talked about. In 2-3 months soccer will go back to being completely irrelevant here.

I'm glad the US lost today. Now all of the hipsters can go back to Starbucks & stop crowding my favorite bars to watch freaking soccer.

Basketball with the NBA especially.

I have an interest in the history of the game and the league, but I can't actually watch the games. I have tried to watch it. I have been to a playoff game. I have had discussions with people who love it. I don't understand the appeal. It makes it worse that espen behaves as if it's so ubiquitously enjoyed. Sorry, not for me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Horse-racing and boxing. With boxing, I don't like how different promoters and different belts all have their agendas and prevent many exciting fights from happening. Plus, it's basically MMA without the kicks and submissions: I'd much rather watch UFC. Horse racing is just boring IMO for what ever reason.

Horse racing is cruel & inhumane, but that's a different topic.

Basketball. I quite like college ball, but I can't stand the NBA. I consider the Celtics to be my favorite team since I support all of Boston's other teams, though my fandom of them has always felt a bit forced. I've taken interest in the Raptors during their playoff run this year, and I'll probably follow them more this season and perhaps even go to a few games.

Basketball has become a polarizing sport. I personally feel like they've painted themselves into that corner with the NBA and NCAA both being weird and suffering from post-Jordan as well as Kobe/Garnett/LeBron altering the landscape with the rule changes to eligibility.

twitter

Women's sports. Yeah, I said it.

Bless those that enjoy it, and good on those that participate in it and benefit in the way of scholarships and paychecks. But actually watching the women's game is akin to watching two old people have sex.

Soccer. I've given it numerous chances but I just can't get into it. To me, it's just a bunch of people kicking a ball around a field until someone accidentally kicks said ball into the net. Yes, soccer is the "most popular sport in the world" blah blah blah but I think it's because, way back when, the world didn't have a lot of other options when it came to sports. I once heard Keith Olbermann say (and I agree with this) "if they invented baseball today, no one would watch it." I feel the same way about soccer.

Like baseball, soccer has the benefit of having a long history and that's what makes it so popular worldwide. Let's be honest, to the casual/uninitiated fan, if there is a sport more boring to watch than baseball, it's gotta be soccer. Baseball is easily my favorite sport, but I'll be the first to admit that to the uninitiated fan, baseball must be like watching paint dry. Same deal with soccer.

BB52Big.jpg

Bless those that enjoy it, and good on those that participate in it and benefit in the way of scholarships and paychecks. But actually watching the women's game is akin to watching two old people have sex.

A misogynist who doesn't like women's sports. Go figure. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Are you gay? Women's sports are far superior.

alex-morgan-si-collage.png

Are you gay? Women's sports are far superior.

alex-morgan-si-collage.png

Not as if there's anything wrong with that.

Also, Hockey, Lacrosse, and Horse-race crap. A 10-hour lead-up for a 2-minute race seems pretty dumb to me, and as Griffin said above, Lax "bros" are very, very annoying. And I've just never cared for hockey, and neither have my friends. I think it's just a regional thing, knowing how much this board loves their hockey.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived