Sports You Never Cared For

TheRicSlick

I like playing golf. The appeal is that it's so hard that when you actually do what you want with the club and the tiny ball that it's a great feeling. You have to go through a ton of :censored:ty feelings to get to those rare moments, but I think they're worth it. There's also the relaxing, being outside on a nice day, going for a stroll, competing against yourself elements to it.

I will only watch majors and the Memorial Tournament though. I don't care about the rest of the tournaments.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golf and tennis for me... especially golf. While I can understand why tennis is appealing to some, golf has always seemed to me like one of the most boring things a person could possibly do, let alone watch on TV. I've never played or watched a round in my life, and plan to go to my grave that way.

I never got into golf, but my dad's into it. From the way he acts while playing I think he secretly loathes it. All the joy he seems to get out of it revolves around it being a means to spend time with friends or family. The game seems more like an inconvenience then anything :D

To be fair, most hardcore golfers I know are that way.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Golf is definitely not an actual sport, and I used to think it's the most boring thing you could possibly put on television, but after sitting down and watching the Women's US Open this year, I've found it's actually pretty compelling. It's basically you vs. yourself, and you know exactly what you need to do to win. That dynamic works well as entertainment.

I recently started playing golf a year ago and have really enjoyed the sport. It's, by far, the most difficult sport I have ever played and one of the few sports I wasn't able to excel at right away. It's an expensive sport where I live though, and the only affordable places to play are :censored:holes.

Wrestling and WNBA are just boring...but for the people who think NASCAR/Auto racing isn't a sport,they need to try and lug a 2 ton car around 3 G-force turns. on average a racecar driver can lose 30 Lbs per race so they have to be fit and the pit crew work out all the time so its definitely active. Not all Nascar fans are rednecks either thats one thing that really ticks me off, sure its true many of them are but not ALL of them. Anyway theres my rant

2eg6xaq.jpg16hsymw.jpg124zfop.jpg49ers_89.jpg

Calling BS on being able to lose 15% of your body weight in three or four hours. If that were so, someone would have monetized taking fatties around the track a few times just to lose five pounds.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My opinion on golf is that it's about the worst sport to put on TV, but I love golfing (my complete lack of skill notwithstanding). It's an enjoyable activity when you're not too invested in it.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Wrestling and WNBA are just boring...but for the people who think NASCAR/Auto racing isn't a sport,they need to try and lug a 2 ton car around 3 G-force turns. on average a racecar driver can lose 30 Lbs per race so they have to be fit and the pit crew work out all the time so its definitely active. Not all Nascar fans are rednecks either thats one thing that really ticks me off, sure its true many of them are but not ALL of them. Anyway theres my rant

I am an "Alan Kulwicki" NASCAR fan

- have ancestors born in what's now Poland ( mom's side)

- Roman Catholic

- college educated

- Northern

- used to carry a comb in my back pocket LOL

I attended a Martinsville race, wearing my college hoodie. No one made fun of me, no one thought I was "too snooty" for them. It helped that I ate 3 Martinsville hot dogs LOL

-

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

I am an "Alan Kulwicki" NASCAR fan

- have ancestors born in what's now Poland ( mom's side)

- Roman Catholic

- college educated

- Northern

- used to carry a comb in my back pocket LOL

I attended a Martinsville race, wearing my college hoodie. No one made fun of me, no one thought I was "too snooty" for them. It helped that I ate 3 Martinsville hot dogs LOL

-

See thats what im talking about not all nascar fans are white trash rednecks like everyone that doesn't go or watch thinks, i just wish more people gave racing a chance instead of blowing it off anf immediately saying its boring and a waste of gas. Also i wish alan was still racing today he was a great driver and i miss the "polish victory lap".

I used to hate soccer, but this WC has brought me a greater respect for it. But, with that being said, I'd rather watch basketball, football, or racing for 90+ minutes. I've never been a hockey person, but I'm sometimes able to sit down and watch it. I've never been a baseball person, but same with hockey, I don't completely hate it. Sometimes I can get into tennis when the stakes are high and it gets intense. Now golf, on the other-hand, I cannot watch that. I think golf is actually the only sport where I cannot watch any of it. And for the people saying NASCAR, try some different kind of racing. Go to your local dirt track and watch there. I've been dirt racing for over half my life and I've completely grown up around it, and even though I love NASCAR, I love dirt racing so much more. The races are shorter and it's more action-packed. Plus, it's cheaper to attend.

Agree completely with you except i like hockey

Golf is definitely not an actual sport, and I used to think it's the most boring thing you could possibly put on television, but after sitting down and watching the Women's US Open this year, I've found it's actually pretty compelling. It's basically you vs. yourself, and you know exactly what you need to do to win. That dynamic works well as entertainment.

OKay, i'll bite. What is your reasoning for believing that it isnt an acutal sport?

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Ultimate and its players/fans are the worst. I find nothing exciting of entertaining about it. Also that they referee themselves is stupid to me. And then when you say anything about it you get called ignorant by them and then they will show you a highlight of someone making a diving catch for a frisbee that is going like 10mph. I'm not impressed by that and they continue to call you ignorant for not liking their stupid sport.

Ultimate and its players/fans are the worst. I find nothing exciting of entertaining about it. Also that they referee themselves is stupid to me. And then when you say anything about it you get called ignorant by them and then they will show you a highlight of someone making a diving catch for a frisbee that is going like 10mph. I'm not impressed by that and they continue to call you ignorant for not liking their stupid sport.

Playing it is fantastic and a lot of fun. That said, I cant imagine watching it on TV or anything like that.

In addition, try being in Buffalo, Lacrosse is fantastically popular here.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Playing it is fantastic and a lot of fun. That said, I cant imagine watching it on TV or anything like that.

In addition, try being in Buffalo, Lacrosse is fantastically popular here.

The I-90 corridor (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Utica, Albany) it's popular

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived