Columbus Blue Jackets Prototype Jersey

Sport

I stumbled onto this blog that claims this was an early prototype for the Columbus Blue Jackets. I had never seen this before today.

IMG_5267.jpg

http://bluejacketspucks.blogspot.com/2014/07/what-might-have-been-columbus-blue.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Some interesting stuff here (if it's real). The logos are the same as they ended up using and it's a whackier version of what they ultimately settled on. I've always thought they went a little conservative for an expansion team in 2000 especially when compared to the other expansion teams of that time. When the team first started selling merchandise they only used the stinger wordmark logo and the blue was considerably lighter than what they went with and that's echoed here.

Other than looking slightly ridiculous I wonder what made them change their minds.

Just thought I'd share.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, you're right; Stinger on the shoulder was great.

I actually really like the concept. The hem stripes don't match well, but I really like the shoulder/arm treatment.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I love the design, it's just the color balance that sucks. Is that light Periwinkle? :D

Use a more conservative color scheme and these would be great on the ice.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

That's actually really good, barring the hornet 'thingy' on the shoulder. The stripes on the sleeve are the chevrons of an infantry sergeant in the Union Army, although if they wanted to make it more accurate the sleeves should be a darker blue while the chevrons are light blue:

USASGTinfsleeve1.PNG

And for more info, check out the page the above image is from:

http://civilwarwiki.net/wiki/Union_Insignia_of_the_Civil_War

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I've mentioned this in the past, but the Blue Jackets had originally proposed these colors:

ColumbusBlueJackets_PF1_2001_SCC_SRGB.pn

...before changing the darker Blue and Red:

ColumbusBlueJackets_FRC_2004_SCC_SRGB.pn

The Light Blue in that photo looks like the Light Blue that was used in the secondary mark.

That could almost be a very interesting Winnipeg Jets sweater. I was crossing my fingers super-tight for medium blue/periwinkle/red/grey as their colors.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Maybe I'm the only one who liked that crest.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe I'm the only one who liked that crest.

Most Blue Jackets fans I know don't like it. I have a friend, a huge CBJ fan, who still refers to the team as the "Jackets Blue" because of that logo.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Big fan of the light blue and the chevron patches. I think the problem is too many colours. What about this?

cbj.jpg

Something needs to be between the red & light blue on the sleeves, and I'd darken the other shade of blue to a regular navy (I'm probably wrong, but that doesn't look like a typical navy), but other than that, it's a stellar look. Great job man, you nailed the color balance. :)

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Archived