Dave Ship

I like it, but I don't like the majority of the logos being simplified like that. AV and Chelsea almost look identical, and the Red Devils from a far as well, even Liverpool looks the same from a distance. An interesting idea nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...

I do like these a lot. Villa and Swansea stand out as my favourites.

I like that you have simplified most of the teams crests but I don't see this happening in reality. Luckily this is just a concept though.

Will you be posting any more? Possibly a different league?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Nice job on the concept here. I have to echo marble here with Villa and Swansea being the best ones. But I love what you have done with Arsenal's kit and crest. Reminds me of days gone by for their lovely kits. Like everyone has said, no chance clubs would ever simplify their crests but thankfully this is just a concept.

eeeeeer swansea are known as the swans dude, and since you appear to have placed them in alphabetical order wouldnt they come between newcastle and tottenham? lol

They are also known as The Jacks. Due to the people of Swansea being called Swansea Jacks

glory10.png

eeeeeer swansea are known as the swans dude, and since you appear to have placed them in alphabetical order wouldnt they come between newcastle and tottenham? lol

They are also known as The Jacks. Due to the people of Swansea being called Swansea Jacks

so your point is? ...the team is called as the swans, the term jacks hasn't been used since the 30s, i mean many clubs have two nicknames (West Ham are called both The Hammers and The Iron) but its a case of what's more current (no one calls West Ham The Iron any more) not personal opinion and the fact is they more often than not referred to as the SWANS, ......i mean case in point he has Manchester City as The Citizens, if you had put the sky blues witch is also a nickname i would have pointed this out, but as it happens its the Swansea nickname that is wrong

About your alphabetical order issue, please take a look here. Thanks.

i did, but it still dosnt change the fact that S comes before T and you have them out of order on the above image, .....no im sorry and im not gonna make this an issue, but what the hell does the order they are in on behance.net have to do with how they are presented above?, im looking at and talking about the images in the first post, .....if you had posted them as they are on the other page i wouldn't have brought it up

so your point is? ...the team is called as the swans, the term jacks hasn't been used since the 30s, i mean many clubs have two nicknames (West Ham are called both The Hammers and The Iron) but its a case of what's more current (no one calls West Ham The Iron any more) not personal opinion and the fact is they more often than not referred to as the SWANS, ......i mean case in point he has Manchester City as The Citizens, if you had put the sky blues witch is also a nickname i would have pointed this out, but as it happens its the Swansea nickname that is wrong

About your alphabetical order issue, please take a look here. Thanks.

i did, but it still dosnt change the fact that S comes before T and you have them out of order on the above image, .....no im sorry and im not gonna make this an issue, but what the hell does the order they are in on behance.net have to do with how they are presented above?, im looking at and talking about the images in the first post, .....if you had posted them as they are on the other page i wouldn't have brought it up

Okay, I'm sorry I thought it was a minor detail. I did the first version for Derby County (when I heard the news that Umbro was going to design their kit) then I realized that going for Swansea team would have been more logical for a Premier League project.

About The Jacks my fault again as I referred to Wikipedia without making a deeper research.

I do like these a lot. Villa and Swansea stand out as my favourites.

I like that you have simplified most of the teams crests but I don't see this happening in reality. Luckily this is just a concept though.

Will you be posting any more? Possibly a different league?

Hi, thanks for your appreciations. I'm thinking about doing different leagues yes but it all depends by the time I can take off from my job.

It's still very common to hear Swansea and their supporters referred to as 'Jacks' - Cardiff fans tend to add a few extra words as well, mind, but we won't go into those. ;)

Anyway, there's some really nice shirts here, and it's interesting to see the club crests stripped down - it adds to the cleanness of the designs. It's be great to see the Premier League completed before you move on to other leagues.

It's still very common to hear Swansea and their supporters referred to as 'Jacks' - Cardiff fans tend to add a few extra words as well, mind, but we won't go into those. ;)

Anyway, there's some really nice shirts here, and it's interesting to see the club crests stripped down - it adds to the cleanness of the designs. It's be great to see the Premier League completed before you move on to other leagues.

possibly the supporters are but its definitly more common to call the team the swans or at least its the term i hear the most passed round by commentators ...a few of their supporters that i know, and generally most of the people i know, so i wouldnt particularly call the jacks a common name tbh, its an older name, i know that (i had heared of it before now) and i know the term stems from a story about a local dog saving some people in the 30s

but like i say, swans is the more common term used to describe the club, i ,mean its only the same as west hams nickname of the irons, its the older term, stems from the time they were called thames ironworks, but hammers is the most common because of their logo

My point is that using the nickname The Jacks he is still correct about using it. It is still relevant apart from it being in your little world.

Just because YOU don't hear it does not mean it is relevant.

glory10.png

My point is that using the nickname The Jacks he is still correct about using it. It is still relevant apart from it being in your little world.

as i suspected you have no point then, you see i never actually flat out said it was incorrect i said it wasnt used as much, witch last i checked is exactly what you said here

Tottenhams true nickname is The Lilywhites. Commonly known as Spurs but not as THE Spurs.

helloooooo pot ...this is kettle i could level the same accusation at you at the end of the day, just saying,

look im not going to get into a slanging match with you just because you are too ignorant to realise the correlation between something's relevance and something the majority of the country has used for the last 50 years

fact is its not exactly my personal bubble when Clive Tyldesley and company use it, is it? and quite frankly i would rather listen to them (and the few fans of the club that i know, hell even the few hundred people that i have heard use the term on TV, in bars, ect over the course of my lifetime), than listen to someone who thinks that being known as a nickname, and being relevant and current are the same things

I mean its clear that the club itself disagrees with you or it wouldnt have called its charity "swan aid" for crying out loud

as i suspected you have no point then, you see i never actually flat out said it was incorrect i said it wasnt used as much, witch last i checked is exactly what you said here

Tottenhams true nickname is The Lilywhites. Commonly known as Spurs but not as THE Spurs.

helloooooo pot ...this is kettle i could level the same accusation at you at the end of the day, just saying,

look im not going to get into a slanging match with you just because you are too ignorant to realise the correlation between something's relevance and something the majority of the country has used for the last 50 years

fact is its not exactly my personal bubble when Clive Tyldesley and company use it, is it? and quite frankly i would rather listen to them (and the few fans of the club that i know, hell even the few hundred people that i have heard use the term on TV, in bars, ect over the course of my lifetime), than listen to someone who thinks that being known as a nickname, and being relevant and current are the same things

I mean its clear that the club itself disagrees with you or it wouldnt have called its charity "swan aid" for crying out loud

You really need to learn to read what someone has posted before commenting on it. Alot of Swansea fans still refer themselves to as The Jacks. That makes it relevant. A majority of Spurs fans still go by the name the Lillywhites. As for my comment about Spurs we dont go by the name of THE Spurs but just SPURS. Comprende. Do you understand that?

Amazing how when someone points something out when you are wrong you always go on the attack. I stuck up for you when you were being knocked about your poor use of grammar on here.

I don't really care in the end but if you are wrong about something then be prepared to be corrected by members on here. Best advice anyone can give you.

glory10.png

Archived