Vanderbilt logo project I need C&C I want to do concepts

jaker52

All I have is a primary at the moment but will probably do several updates. I don't like our current logo because the size of the V and the big star make it look awkward up next to others. II took many ideas from past logos and got this. This my first attemt at any logo other then a crest or a simple wordmark.

vulogoconcept_page_001.jpg

C&C desperately needed.

find the past logos here

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/895/Vanderbilt_Commodores/

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

What's the significance of the Lego man?

yeah it does look too much like that, but it is similar to a current alternate. I may change up the face a little.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

What's the significance of the Lego man?

I'm guessing its a reference to Cornelius Vanderbilt, the founder of the university

It is simply the commodore mascot

EDIT: I looked it up and commodore came from His self made nickname but a commodore is a navy rank. The star and anchor used by VU came from WWII insignia

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

I like the idea, but I think it's easily do-able with their current logo. It would look great.

I agree, I just hated to do that bc its basically stealing

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

I like the idea, but I think it's easily do-able with their current logo. It would look great.

I agree, I just hated to do that bc its basically stealing

I mean, as long as you present it as a concept using the existing logo it's not really stealing at all. Just don't claim it as 100% yours. It would just be your addition to the logo.

I assume it's based off this:

2714.png

And that one^^^ is way better than yours, IMO. I get the idea with yours, and I like the idea better than the past logo it's based off of, but your execution is flat out bad. You can't just shove his face between the "V" just because it fits there. The head looks bad simply because its so blocky and the mouth is open way to far. The hat is pretty weak too, I'd base it off the hat in the above logo. Overall, I feel like you rushed the logo and just shoved parts where they fit, not where they would look good.

spacer.png

Archived