Lights Out's NBA-NHL Crossovers

Lights Out

The design is creative and is consistent with their basketball uniforms. I do think the primary logo would look better than the wordmark, though. There's too much room on the front of a hockey sweater to use just a script.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

same things as others have said, very solid design, nice colors too not going with the normal colors...i would put the shoulder patch as the main logo...avoid using any logo witha basketball on it...then use nautical flags as shoulder patches

The design is creative and is consistent with their basketball uniforms. I do think the primary logo would look better than the wordmark, though. There's too much room on the front of a hockey sweater to use just a script.

I didn't want to use the primary because it features a basketball and if I took the lines away to make it resemble a puck instead, it would then look extremely boring. Additionally, there's plenty of precedent for scripts on the front of a hockey sweater:

HctT99W.png

vLWbebI.jpg

JtxvYeN.jpg

3J5k75h.jpg

I'd change it to the "LAC" logo, but then the sleeves might look too empty.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I really don't know what to say one this one. I normally hate the cross over jerseys between sports. It hurts my soul to mix sports. However those jerseys are designed beautifully and I want to see this go on. The only problem is, like state above, the script logo is typically only on thirds, not home and road. I would try to throw the cool LAC logo on the front of the home and road and see where that leads.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Well it looks like we're gonna be competing with each other for the better NBA to Hockey series. I like the choice of colors, but I'm not a fan of the wordmarks. I'd go with the LAC logo. instead.

Count me in on that too, I have had a thread like this going for two months now

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

deleted

Lacks creativity doesn't help the person with their design?? I get deleted for that? Seriously, it lacks creativity. It looks like a basketball design on a hockey jersey. If that's what they were going for, then great! It still lacks creativity!

deleted

Lacks creativity doesn't help the person with their design?? I get deleted for that? Seriously, it lacks creativity. It looks like a basketball design on a hockey jersey. If that's what they were going for, then great! It still lacks creativity!

"Lacks creativity" is fine if you follow up with suggestions on how to improve that. Just saying "lacks creativity" doesn't help the OP develop their skills when it comes to making concepts. It's called constructive criticism for a reason.

I think people that are designing are smart enough to push themselves without a hundred different ideas being thrown at them. If you have a ton of suggestions, it is no longer "your" idea. Saying "It lack creativity" is just that. One should take from that to think outside of the box and be more creative. If designers want their hands held through every process then they shouldn't be designing. I could tell this person exactly what to do being in the art field for 25 years. Would it then be their idea or mine?

People on this site arent professional designers. C/C is about helping improve the persons skills, saying "lacks creativity" and nothing else does not do that, unless you also add suggestions as to what could make it better. The designer doesn't have to listen to every suggestion and pick and choose what he/she thinks looks better, the concept is still theirs because their will still be differences btwn what he comes up with the suggestions provided and what you would have actually done

Archived