Sign in to follow this  
illwauk

Lambeau Field End Zones, Early 1980s

After finding this intro from the 1982 playoff game at Lambeau, I couldn't help but notice that one of the sets of helmets they painted in the end zone were in the Cardinals' colors.

I noticed they did the same thing in the famous 1983 Monday Night game against Washington, but I can't seem to find any photos.

Does anyone know if they did this every week, or was it only done for big games?

I can't see the videos (at work now). However, I know that Cleveland painted the Broncos' logos or helmets in one endzone during Elway's "the Drive" game. I think that might have been more prevalent in the '80s.

Wow. I remember that game...didn't remember the helmet graphics however. That was the strike season, where almost everyone made the playoffs.

Why does 1983 not seem all that long ago in my head, but looks prehistoric in those clips?

They only did that for big, nationally-televised games at Lambeau back in the day. (And during that horrific period of Packer football, there weren't many of 'em.)

Wow. I remember that game...didn't remember the helmet graphics however. That was the strike season, where almost everyone made the playoffs.

Why does 1983 not seem all that long ago in my head, but looks prehistoric in those clips?

Recording technology wasn't the best :)

I love watching older football clips...1989 still seems like it was maybe 10 years ago (to me).

I can't see the videos (at work now). However, I know that Cleveland painted the Broncos' logos or helmets in one endzone during Elway's "the Drive" game. I think that might have been more prevalent in the '80s.

Did they run onto the field between whistles or.... :upside:

Didn't know the packers made the playoffs in the 80s wow. Good find in an era that is forgotten by most packers fans.