As for Snodgrass, last I heard about him possibility of going to Hull was an interview he had on BBC 5 Live saying he might go. When did he sign?

The back end of June. He came on as a sub in our first Europa League qualifier and started the second.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce opted for a back three plus wing backs in the two Europa League games, but will switch formation to incorporate a back four and other changes when the need arises.

It's where van Gaal got his wing back idea from, you know. ;)

I think we will see a lot of clubs go with the three in the back formation (3-5-2 / 3-4-3) throughout Europe this season. It was already being used a lot in the World Cup and it will trickle throughout the top sides. I know Van Gaal was toying with it this preseason. It will be the new 4-2-3-1 ;)

Nowt wrong with the tiger head - it might not be frowning as much as some cresty beasts but its our tiger and we like it.

Annoyance with the new crest is more politics than aesthetics. The poor kerning on the date doesn't help matters either, mind. :P

I think we will see a lot of clubs go with the three in the back formation (3-5-2 / 3-4-3) throughout Europe this season. It was already being used a lot in the World Cup and it will trickle throughout the top sides. I know Van Gaal was toying with it this preseason. It will be the new 4-2-3-1 ;)

Not sure if you will see that. 3 at the back can be massively exploited with wingers like it was in the late 80's early 90's. The book Inverting the Pyramid explains in detail how flawed having 3 at the back was. You need a manager and players that know how to defend that and Van Gaal is one of the very few.

glory10.png

Not sure if you will see that. 3 at the back can be massively exploited with wingers like it was in the late 80's early 90's. The book Inverting the Pyramid explains in detail how flawed having 3 at the back was. You need a manager and players that know how to defend that and Van Gaal is one of the very few.

I agree in the 80's and 90's the back three (when used) were exploited by the wingers. But it's 2014 now with the massive evolution of managers experience, tactics, player physical and playing development, and how defenders have been getting better through the years. The top manager pool across Europe has been becoming deeper and stronger each year. And with that too class manager pool comes the ability of evolving the tactical and formation status is the game, both for club and country.

You won't see managers using three in the back all the time with the ability to switch up their formations on the fly based on game situations. Many managers around Europe (Van Gaal, Pep, Klopp to name a few) have more in depth midfielders, wanting to find a way to fit them all into the first team. And this is an easiest ways to do that. People who watch football for many years see that formations come and go in cycles. And with this past World Cup, the three in the back was coming back to the forefront. It will take a few months for managers to fine tweek the three in the back formations but I think if a team incorporates this new formation, they will be more offensively daunting to face. This is due to the extra MF coming into the attack. In the end, this is the evolution of the Game of football and it's required for teams to compete at a high level.

Nowt wrong with the tiger head - it might not be frowning as much as some cresty beasts but its our tiger and we like it.

It's a mess, design-wise. It also has a really derpy look on its face.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It was made official today with Shane Long being signed with Southampton. Now it's time for Jelavic to step up to the plate for Hull in the scoring department :P

CAS ruled that the 4 month playing ban on Suarez is still in effect but has overruled the sanction of not having any contact with the club, saying it was "excessive". Suarez will be able to train with Barcelona starting Friday, his club unvieling on Monday and play in friendlies as well as other club functions. What a f :censored: g joke this is. The guy has a history of biting players and other racial instances, laying out a pattern but the ban was considered "excessive". He will not learn from this. I will guarentee he will do this again in La Liga within the next 18-24 months.

I think there's a fairly compelling argument—in the Premier League at least—that you'd rather let yourselves get beat by the wingers than the players that play centrally.

Eden Hazrard aside, the majority of the top players in the league are strikers, attacking midfielders, and central midfielders. Players that three central defenders serve to deal better with than two center halves would.

6fQjS3M.png

Courtois has been outstanding in his two seasons loaned to Atletico. Plus he came into his own at the World Cup. I still think Neuer is the best keeper in the world with Courtois second.

Tony Pulis has left Palace by mutual consent with them facing Arsenal in two days time at the Emirates. I know there was alot of miscommunication between Parish and Pulis with respect to the club's future/vision as well as Pulis wanted more responsibilities and greater control of footballing matter including transfers. I guess in the end, the chairman wins. i feel bad for the supporters of Palace, two good managers (Holloway and now Pulis) both left their post because of the chairman. Common demoninator in this? :P

Bad, bad news for Crystal Palace and their fans, I don't know what their owners where thinking.

Good news for Pulis, however. He's going to be a hot commodity for any team looking to replace their manager. (Like Spurs in about 2/3 months?)

Bad, bad news for Crystal Palace and their fans, I don't know what their owners where thinking.

Good news for Pulis, however. He's going to be a hot commodity for any team looking to replace their manager. (Like Spurs in about 2/3 months?)

Cardiff if they don't have a good start or Wales if Coleman can't make top 3 in the qualifying group.

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

Palace want David Moyes. As for the Spurs joke. YAWN, Whatever.

In late news DeAndre Yedlin has officially joined Spurs but will link up for the start of the 2015 season so remains with the Sounders until then.

Xe7f9pc.jpg?1

glory10.png

Archived