(Like Spurs in about 2/3 months?)

hahahahahahaha, good one.

Palace stand a chance to survive because so many teams are just so damn bad this year.

And unfortunately Carson, your Villa fall into that group of bad clubs this season. I'm not the only person who thinks that Villa will be relegated this season (many pundits and football writers here in North America and in England). Their off season signings of Joe Cole and Philippe Senderos hasn't really bolstered the club. Plus with the hiring of Roy Keane makes things a bit more tense at AVFC for Lambert. I think Villa's luck will run out this year.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a few of those pundits are also reckoning that we'll finish comfortably mid-table - predictions of 10-14th place are popping up all over the place.

Normally they're telling us we won't get a single point and will finish 21st. This new found confidence in us is most unsettling.

Quite a few of those pundits are also reckoning that we'll finish comfortably mid-table - predictions of 10-14th place are popping up all over the place.

Normally they're telling us we won't get a single point and will finish 21st. This new found confidence in us is most unsettling.

Well the good thing is at least you're not being picked to go down in the drop. Of course, this Premier League season will be hard to do predictions for who will be in the drop at the end of the season because there are 6-7 clubs that could end up there in May. I think 10th place to 20th place will be close throughout season and one bad run by a club mid season will be their down fall.

Prediction time!

Premier League:

Chelsea will win the league, Arsenal and ManCity will qualify for the Champions League automatically, and Man United will get the last spot. Spurs and Liverpool will qualify to the Europa League

Liga

Real Madrid will win it, Barca will mount a comeback to come close to winning the league after starting out slowly, and Atletico will be third. Valencia will get that last Champions League spot, and Siviglia and athletic will get to the Europa league

Serie A

I have absolutely no clue. Juventus have lost Conte but they have upgraded their bench, Roma will play in Europe next year, Napoli have only added Michu, Inter has made some shrew moves and should improve, Fiorentina should hopefully have Mario Gomez and Rossi for a full season, Lazio has no Europe and has made some upgrades, and to date Milan is still a huge cluster:censored:. Should be very entartaining

BuLi

Bayern will win... again. Dortmund, Wolfsburg and Schalke will qualify for the champions league

Liga Sagres

Porto will win it rather easily

Ligue 1

PSG will be champions, Monaco and Marseille to the Champions League

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Honestly I think 8th through to 20th this year is pretty much a complete lottery. Liverpool, Everton, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs are legitimate good teams, everyone below that is just one sort of amorphous blob of average where almost nothing that happens would surprise me.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Palace stand a chance to survive because so many teams are just so damn bad this year.

And unfortunately Carson, your Villa fall into that group of bad clubs this season. I'm not the only person who thinks that Villa will be relegated this season (many pundits and football writers here in North America and in England). Their off season signings of Joe Cole and Philippe Senderos hasn't really bolstered the club. Plus with the hiring of Roy Keane makes things a bit more tense at AVFC for Lambert. I think Villa's luck will run out this year.

The majority of football pundits don't actually pay attention to the strength of Villa's squad relative to the other teams towards the bottom or, well, anything outside of the seven sides in the division that are actually good and realize that barring a catastrophic season of injuries, Villa should be fine.

They've added ten first-team quality players and lost one. At the very least that creates competition to force guys to play well.

Plus, there's not another team in the bottom half with a group of five players as good as Guzan, Vlaar, Sánchez, Delph, and Benteke. The guys surrounding them should do well enough to finish the job.

Villa's got a better chance of finishing top-half than going down. Wanna make a sig bet?

6fQjS3M.png

The majority of football pundits don't actually pay attention to the strength of Villa's squad relative to the other teams towards the bottom or, well, anything outside of the seven sides in the division that are actually good and realize that barring a catastrophic season of injuries, Villa should be fine.

They've added ten first-team quality players and lost one. At the very least that creates competition to force guys to play well.

Plus, there's not another team in the bottom half with a group of five players as good as Guzan, Vlaar, Sánchez, Delph, and Benteke. The guys surrounding them should do well enough to finish the job.

Villa's got a better chance of finishing top-half than going down. Wanna make a sig bet?

I think it's been said in here before but I'll say it again. There are too many bad teams in the league so there is virtually no chance for Villa to be relegated IMO. Burnley will be one and done. Same for Leicester City. I think West Brom will join them.

Btw Crash, that was a well written article on SBNation...I follow The Short Fuse on SBNation as well as Arseblog

And I would make a side bet for sure on Villa's chances on being relegated :P

After Phillip Lahm and Miro Klose, also Mertesacker retired from the GMNT.

I guess all those players, especially Klose and Mertesacker, wanted to leave the national team on a high with their ages creeping up. I don't blame them one bit.Thouhg i stil lfigure out why Lahm retired, he's only 29 and has another EURO and World Cup in him. DFB has a strong youth coming up the ranks to replace these members who retired. Germany is still going ot be dangerous no matter how you see it for a few years to come.

There's some patterning going on for relegation regarding newly promoted teams though. Teams that came up by winning the playoffs have finished 10/11th the last three seasons: Runner up automatically promoted teams haven't been relegated in their first season in the PL in 6 years, and the FL Championship champions have gone down the past two seasons.

I know it's bad to go off of trends like that, but I could see them carrying on for at least one more. QPR could easily take advantage of the hilariously bad bottom third and finish near mid-table, Burnley could possibly pull it together and finish 16/17th if they have a really good year from their stars, and Leicester isn't looking at all like a PL ready team regardless of how they did in the Championship last season.

So in my books, QPR's safe, Leicester's down, and WBA, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Villa, and Hull will be fighting against relegation. (Although those last two could be fighting against relegation for the next five years if they do what we expect them to do.) Southampton and Swansea will be bumping right ahead of those team as well, and any one problem could see either on of their seasons turn down the drain.

Yankees suck, now Man Untied decide to lose their 1st opener since 1972.... talk about a :censored: summer.

First HOME opening loss since 1972.

glory10.png

Wow what complete debacle of a non handball PK call on Chester in the QPR-Hull match. Chester's arms were at his side and still called a handball. But at least justice is served with the MacGreggor save on the ensuing PK. Officiating so far today (been flicking thru all the 3 pm matches) have been poor.

As for Man Utd, are we still in the 2013/14 season with United loosing again at Old Trafford? First league win by Swansea City at Old Trafford in club history. The records keep building up against United. If van Gaal expects to compete for the top four he needs to sign some more experienced players in the next two weeks. Young looked atrocious today.

Arsenal v Crystal Palace is kicking off in 35 minutes.

Spurs up and running with 3 points. Eric Dier with a debut goal in the 92nd minute.

Harsh sending off for Naughton but was evened out with Collins second booking.

COYS.

glory10.png

Archived