I've basically supported City since the $$$ overhaul.

Somehow I was a United fan back then since I didn't know really anything about the EPL, let alone soccer itself. I just "supported" them for no reason kinda.

United weren't really on the decline during the time I stopped supporting them, I just never paid attention to them and found City more entertaining. (The transition isn't really that hard if you never really cared about your team before that)

Being said, people recognize us as not existing before '11, mostly bandwagon United fans outside of England who don't know there are more than 5 teams in the league.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being said, people recognize us as not existing before '11, mostly bandwagon United fans outside of England who don't know there are more than 5 teams in the league.

No, pretty much only those people. And no offense but if you start cheering for a team because they just got the $$$, then you shouldn't be griping about the perils of your history.

Well, I was a bit of a Chelsea fan from when I started playing FIFA. Then I got into watching actual soccer and realized that I really don't like them all that much. So I let myself decide from watching the league in all, and settled of Everton since I loved their style of play. And Bobby Martinez has made the whole thing a lot better.

Words out that Milan has accepted a £16M deal from Liverpool for Mario Balotelli. As an Everton fan I hate this. From a neutral standpoint it could turn out great for Liverpool. Balotelli looks like a 10-15 goal scorer now with a very bright future and £16M isn't a lot to pay for a striker of his stature. However, of course, it is Balotelli, it could blow up in the Reds faces.

Words out that Milan has accepted a £16M deal from Liverpool for Mario Balotelli. As an Everton fan I hate this. From a neutral standpoint it could turn out great for Liverpool. Balotelli looks like a 10-15 goal scorer now with a very bright future and £16M isn't a lot to pay for a striker of his stature. However, of course, it is Balotelli, it could blow up in the Reds faces.

That is big news for Liverpool if they officially land Balotelli in their ranks. He won't be a one for one replacement for Suarez but the would easily contribute 10 goals minimum a season. But like everyone has said before, with the talented on pitch success comes the recklessness off the pitch. Maybe the Reds like punishment and wanted to fill that void of having a player administration problem off the pitch.

From the BBC article on the accepted bid for Balotelli.

Negotiations are still taking place to agree terms with the player, but Balotelli has already said his farewells in Italy.

Milan said in a statement on their website: "Mario Balotelli left Milanello's sporting centre at 13:30 local time, after saying goodbye to his team-mates.

"Before leaving the premises, the striker has said goodbye to members of Milan's press office."

Damn, I'm really bummed about losing Balotelli. Despite his issues, he's a fantastic player and will definitely be missed at the San Siro. Best of luck at Liverpool.

Frankly, good riddance. The situation had become toxic, so a separation was inevitable. Milan would have struggled to make it to the Europa League with or without Balotelli, and his behavior is a very easy target for fans who are accustomed to so much more. Milan's mistake was not selling Balo before the world cup, as they would have likely fetched more than €25 million. However, I'm kind of bummed he didn't go to Arsenal, as his style would have been better suited to the Gunners build up play than Liverpool's direct style. I do hope he tastes some bench with Liverpool, he needs it.

I'll post my full opinion on Balo some other time when I have a computer (not that anybody should care)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

As a Liverpool fan, of course I'm worried about potential Balotelli antics, but Brendan Rodgers did a very good job taming Suarez last season (I think he only received one yellow card the whole season and it wasn't until he was away from Rodgers and playing for Uruguay at the World Cup that he relapsed). If Rodgers can impose the same kind of discipline to Balotelli as he did to Suarez, this could work out swimmingly for the Reds. I mean, how can you argue with this starting XI?:

Mignolet

Johnson Skrtel Lovren Flanagan

Sterling Gerrard Henderson Coutinho

Balotelli Sturridge

Bench: Jones, Toure, Manquillo, Lucas, Can, Allen, Markovic, Lambert

Other notables: Enrique, Agger, Assaidi, Sakho, Lallana, Borini, Suso, Ibe

25yzwqg.png

How can I argue with the Liverpool starting XI? I'm sorry but Rodgers has done nothing to address the defensive issues of the side, especially Glen Johnson. I have always said Johnson is a defensive liability, both for the Reds and for England. And I'm not the only person to think that. Yes they picked up Lovren who is a solid CB but that left side of the pitch will be a weak spot again for the entire season. And Skrtel has some pretty standout performances and others just downright forgettable. A little fact, Skrtel had the most own goals last season as a defender with 3. I think they will leak goals again, even with goals being scored by Sturridge, Balotelli (if transfer goes through officially), Gerrard and Sterling. The first test is on Monday when they travel to the Etihad to play Man City. Tim to open the flood gates!

*mutters to self darkly*

You always have the home tie to get through.

Spurs leave it late to beat AEL Limassol. After conceding in the first half Spurs then go on to win the tie 2-1.

glory10.png

The perfect start to life at White Hart Lane for Mauricio Pochettino. Two games, five goals, six points. Top of the league!

Not the best of returns for Arry Redknapp with his Q.P.R team.

glory10.png

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has done the Ice Bucket challenge after being nominated by former manager Andre Villas Boas.

He then nominates Real Madrid's president.

glory10.png

ESPNFC.com is saying that United have finally agreed to pay 75 million euros up front and another 15 in add-ons for Angel Di Maria, and they should finalize it on Monday and give him the #7 shirt...people are complaining that they could by three decent players for that kind of money..but they are kinda at the point where they have to make a big splash like this..i will be interested to see where he fits into the system though

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

ESPNFC.com is saying that United have finally agreed to pay 75 million euros up front and another 15 in add-ons for Angel Di Maria, and they should finalize it on Monday and give him the #7 shirt...people are complaining that they could by three decent players for that kind of money..but they are kinda at the point where they have to make a big splash like this..i will be interested to see where he fits into the system though

Di Maria will be a good signing for United. Yes it's 75m Euros but a player like is worth it. They needed a big name player like him to get them to be more competitive with the top 4 clubs. With their current squad, nothing seems to be working. Watching the Sunderland-United match today, Mata and Valencia were the lynch pins for them today. And all attacking prowess disappeared with Welbeck coming on for RVP. But one player like Di Maria will not transform the club to a truly competitive side but it's a start. Van Gaal said it will take a long while to put a winning side together when he took over.

Rumors are still really strong with Arsenal close to signing Sami Khedira. That would be a fit for the Gunners. A definite competition for Wilshere and Flamini. And Wilshere needs competition for his position because he really hasn't developed like he should have. The first two PL matches this season he has been average with some poor decision making.

God its satisfying to see United be this average

I don't think this average play will end anytime soon this season. I see them getting exploited when they start facing the top four clubs in the league with this current lineup.

On a side note, the Man City-Liverpool match tomorrow is going to be good to watch from a neutral standout.

Balotelli participated in training with Liverpool today as well as sit in the directors box/with the players during the City match. City looked good today, plus they didn't even hit top gear. Jovetic looked sharp again today, the same thing can't be said about the Reds defense.

Archived