Do any Arsenal supporters know enough about Miquel to know what Norwich is getting in him? Is it anybody that improves their chances of being on American TV next year, or is he very much a prospect?

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do any Arsenal supporters know enough about Miquel to know what Norwich is getting in him? Is it anybody that improves their chances of being on American TV next year, or is he very much a prospect?

Miquel was mainly a reserve player with Arsenal but has recently stepped up in the last year to fill in for injuries of Gibbs and Sagna. He is a fullback by trade (more suited for the wings) but has been known to play center back from time to time. He's not like most fullbacks where they run up the wings to fill in the slots of the outright wingers but mainly sits back as a fully defensive defender. I don't think the signing of Miquel will bolster their club immensely for promotion but it is a good signing for the club looking for developing him. Anything can be better than what the Canaries had last season in the back four.

We're buying and loaning folk in with reckless abandon. Can't help but think of the cost though, we have past form in this sort of thing going :censored: up.

I actually wasn't really expecting to see Hull doing that much business over the last day of the transfer window. There is more money getting thrown around like it's monopoly or something. Here's hoping this doesn't go side ways for your club Jaffa.

And if there isn't enough last minute :censored: going on with Arsenal and transfers, it was just announced on Sky Sports that Arsenal just applied for an extension to try and seal the signing of Welbeck. I could actually think that Wenger is at those negotiations with this not being settled.

That's it! Transfer window is officially closed. How did everyone's club make out?

We didn't get cleverly! Money well spent.

No centre back though so its going to be a tough transition year between Jags and Distin to Stones and Besic. I just can't wait for Barkley, Oviedo, and just maybe Kone to come back; then we'll challenge.

No centre back though so its going to be a tough transition year between Jags and Distin to Stones and Besic. I just can't wait for Barkley, Oviedo, and just maybe Kone to come back; then we'll challenge.

I have always thought Cleverley was over priced, over hyped and more of a letdown. He's in the same category as Jones, Smalling and Blackett.

Arsenal just made it official with the announcement of the signing of striker/winger Danny Welbeck. Here's hoping he's in the starting XI for the Man City match on September 13. Sanogo does not cut it.

2946w48.jpg

So Spurs had a mini clearout.

Sad to see Sandro leave as he has been fan favourite.
Zeki Fryers to Palace.
Holtby out on loan with the option to buy.
Coulibaly to Bari.
Obika to Swindon.

Stambouli in.

hardly the most inspiring window for us.

glory10.png

Zeki Fryers to Palace.

Coulibaly to Bari.

Obika to Swindon.

Stambouli in.

Surprised Paulinho wasn't on that list...he seems to have fallen out of favor.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Zeki Fryers to Palace.

Coulibaly to Bari.

Obika to Swindon.

Stambouli in.

I guess Pochettino has a plan for Paulinho. But I find it strange that he would do a massive clearance like he did with zero reinforcements. Dier, Lennon and Adebayor are not all you can hang your hat on. Pochettino will be most likely be relying on the winter transfer window to get his side through the season like Wenger will have to dive into the market again.

hardly the most inspiring window for us. (Spurs)

I guess Pochettino has a plan for Paulinho. But I find it strange that he would do a massive clearance like he did with zero reinforcements.

No superstar signings sure... but nothing to complain about:

• New sub goalkeeper to replace the 43 year old Friedel.
  • Proper cover/competition at left back for the first time in ages with the addition of Ben Davies.
  • Dawson (although the captain) replaced with a younger and no doubt quicker CB.
  • Lamela finally being fit can almost been seen to be as a new signing.
  • Dier, Stambouli and eventually Yedlin brought in with only fringe players (minus Dawson) going out.

The only place I wish there was more cover was up front.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Hold the phone...

...another Minnesota Norwich fan? (Even if you don't currently live here.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hold the phone...

...another Minnesota Norwich fan? (Even if you don't currently live here.)

Indeed. Chose them as my team last year, since they were mid-table and apparently somewhat on the up-and-up, with those new, shiny, goal-scoring forwards. Funny how that turned out.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Indeed. Chose them as my team last year, since they were mid-table and apparently somewhat on the up-and-up, with those new, shiny, goal-scoring forwards. Funny how that turned out.

Yeah, I got hooked on them during the 2004-05 season. That one ended badly. But since then I've been to Carrow Road twice, neither time in the Prem.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Saturday in England is Non-League Day where the idea is to boost attendances for those clubs not in the main flights of football.

Clubs come up with ways to get fans through the turnstiles but this is probably the best one.

Suffolk non-league side Bungay Town are offering free punnets of mushrooms to supporters who attend their home match against Martham on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29062921

glory10.png

I have always thought Cleverley was over priced, over hyped and more of a letdown. He's in the same category as Jones, Smalling and Blackett.

Arsenal just made it official with the announcement of the signing of striker/winger Danny Welbeck. Here's hoping he's in the starting XI for the Man City match on September 13. Sanogo does not cut it.

2946w48.jpg

You're right about the newborn-fawn-on-ice (Sanogo), but Danny Welbeck doesn't much for me. I've long thought that he was extremely overrated during his tenure at United (perhaps second in that regard to only Chicharito).

Tell me, why does Wenger hate Joel Campbell so much that he won't even give him a shot?

Everton "apparently" held a behind doors friendly today against stoke and won 4-0. Distin, Osman and other first team members not on international rosters played among the youth against a 1st/2nd string stoke. Oviedo played as well and Kone even came back and scored a goal.

I say "apparently" because for some reason the team is keeping it a (bad) secret. But still good to see a positive result, even if it doesn't matter.

QPR is planning to build a brand new stadium in Old Oak to replace Loftus Road, their home of almost a century. The stadium is expected to hold 40,000 people, doubling the capacity of their old stadium.

With Tottenham and West Ham looking to move up into new mega-stadiums as well, London looks like it will have no shortage of possible european/world class venues in the future.

QPR is planning to build a brand new stadium in Old Oak to replace Loftus Road, their home of almost a century. The stadium is expected to hold 40,000 people, doubling the capacity of their old stadium.

With Tottenham and West Ham looking to move up into new mega-stadiums as well, London looks like it will have no shortage of possible european/world venues in the future.

From the architectural drawings that QPR has released to the new Old Oak stadium site, it looks like it will have a great feel and the nose being able to be contained inside the ground making it sound more than 40,000.

With West Ham, I still think them moving into the Olympic Stadium being a bad thing waiting to happen. I am sorry but there is no way they will sell out 54,000 for their matches in that stadium. Is there really 54,000+ WHU supporters in and around London? Not likely.

Archived