Merseyside derby ends in a draw with Jagielka getting an equalizer in the 90th minute.

Not actually looking forward to the North London derby later. The way Spurs are rolling over to teams it could well be painful to watch.

glory10.png

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh look, Everton earns another tie. Way to secure a spot in the middle of the table boys. And Mirallas is hurt? Oh good.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Well we got lucky today with the draw against Spurs. Yes we had the bulk of possession in the first half but couldn't convert. Oxlade-Chamberlain came through clutch again but I am a little worried about the injuries mounting up with zero coverage on the bench for Ramsey, Arteta and maybe Wilshere depending on the scan tomorrow on all three. Welbeck stands still too much for my liking, doesn't run enough off the ball to open himself up. And when he does get the ball, he's two left feet. I know it's only three matches since he came to club but he needs to step it up to prove it to his critics plus he's the number choice for CF right now.

As for the Rooney sending off, that is definitely not what a captain of a football club should act. What a petulance high lash out that was and deserved a straight sending off. Call it serious foul play or violent conduct, no matter how you see it, it's a :censored:e move by Rooney. Rooney does not have the leadership quality nor the voice in the dressing room to be the captain. He berated his CB in the Leicester City match for a goal scored on United but Rooney was the cause of the goal giving it up and today it's immaturity rearing it's ugly head. Maybe Van Gaal is rethinking his team sheets and maybe captaincy post ban. Hope you enjoy the next three matches from the club box.

If Spurs show that much fight between now and the end of the season then we have a chance of challenging for a Champions League spot. We just need to be more consistent. A few Arsenal fans are saying that Lloris save was actually over the line. I think they are forgetting we now have GLT and as replay has shown it was on the line.

glory10.png

If Spurs show that much fight between now and the end of the season then we have a chance of challenging for a Champions League spot. We just need to be more consistent. A few Arsenal fans are saying that Lloris save was actually over the line. I think they are forgetting we now have GLT and as replay has shown it was on the line.

They're Arsenal fans. They whine about everything.

Hell, I've still seen some of them talking about the refereeing from the opening day last year against Villa. As if three points made a difference to their season last year.

6fQjS3M.png

I have no idea how a few, and I do say a few, Arsenal fans are saying that was a goal when Lloris saved it. Hell you didn't need GLT to see that it wasn't over the goal line. In the end we didn't capitalize on our chances yesterday when we had the bulk of possession. I have an idea, how about shoot the ball when you have an open chance instead of trying to build up to a pretty goal by passing or laying it off. Welbeck in particular...

They're Arsenal fans. They whine about everything.

Hell, I've still seen some of them talking about the refereeing from the opening day last year against Villa. As if three points made a difference to their season last year.

If you hear so called Arsenal supporters still bitching about the 2013/14 opening match, they are just that. I wouldn't listen much to that crap that comes out of certain sections of the Emirates. Pier Morgan is one of those twats in that group...

So is there any doubt that Burnley are the favorites to finish last after losing that bad to West Brom today?

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

So is there any doubt that Burnley are the favorites to finish last after losing that bad to West Brom today?

Was there any doubt in the first place?

QPR seemed to have a pretty good shot.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Is today the day Newcastle finally gets a win? I sure hope so.

Hey, at least Pardew might be on his way out of the league!

Ugh. I need to stop thinking the next matchday will be the day that the win comes. So disappointing.

How Pardew is still in charge is staggering. Each week I say he will be the next boss to get fired and yet he is still going. If he had been at Spurs he would of been sacked by Levy.

glory10.png

Anyone catch any Champions League Matchday 2 matches today? Thes best match of today was PSG-Barca ending in a 3-2 thriller for the Parisians. Gunners are in action tomorrow home v Galatasaray. But they are going to be without Ramsey (next 6 weeks), Arteta, and possibly Wilshere. Here's hoping Wenger can fill in blanks and pull out three points somehow. That includes not benching Sanchez for the third straight match :angered:

How Pardew is still in charge is staggering. Each week I say he will be the next boss to get fired and yet he is still going. If he had been at Spurs he would of been sacked by Levy.

Your guess is good as mine how Pardew has survived so far into the season. You would think Ashley would cut his losses now and stop the bleeding. Yes it will cost Ashley some cash to fire him due to the compensation package worked into Pardew's contract...but there has to be a time to say when enough is enough. I will say that when Newcastle travels to Swansea on Saturday, the Magpies will loose 3-0. The man has no idea about tactics, he is atrocious at making proper substititions to affect the match in the second half (Gutierrez is always the first subbed off), and he doesn't know how to properly plan set pieces. Free kicks and corners are always the same tactics with Gutierrez running behind the back four of the opponent and trying to get a head on it with the remainder of the Newcastle players stand idly and watch. You wonder why they haven't scored from a setpiece in a dog's age due to other managers and coaches reading the same tactic and training to mark Gutierrez. I heard on 5 Live Sport last night that Newcastle hasn't scored from a corner kick in over two and a half years...wow!

. I heard on 5 Live Sport last night that Newcastle hasn't scored from a corner kick in over two and a half years...wow!

If you ever get the time to read the book The Numbers Game it's about soccernomics. It actually states through research that corners are one of the wasteful ways of trying to score. On average a team over a season would only score about 2-3 goals through corners by lofting them into the box and hoping somene gets the head on it. Teams like Barcelona have looked into this and a majority of the time they have more chance of scoring from a corner if they play a short pass and pass it around until they have a scoring chance. It's just the mentality of English clubs to lump it in the box but they would have more scoring success from passing as if they were using an attacking build up.

glory10.png

I have read The Numbers Game plus Soccernomics by Declan Hill and both are very well written/researched books based on soccernomics. It definitely highlights all the nuances and all the stats you don't hear commentators, pundits and journalists say. It shows how matches and club in general can be broken down, to be made better.

Archived