• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

English teams should really start to worry about their performances in Europe and their UEFA ranking, especially if they continue snubbing the Europa League. If it continues this way, they might be in danger of losing a CL spot in a few years

I saw something the other week and unless the Italian teams improve then that will not be a problem. It is currently Germany Spain and England that get the top spots. It is a bit far off to speculate when Arsenal only need a point to get through the next round, Chelsea will make the next round so that is two that could well go on to win it it as the knock out rounds anything can happen as Chelsea proved the other year when they won it. That boosted our ranking further over the Italians.

glory10.png

Torin, you must be happy with Everton winning today and being one step closer to the UEL knockout stage? Nice win by them today....

Probably the best game I've seen this season, not a player played bad and Lille were never in it.

Everton's defense has already got Origi figured out, which is good for future merseyside derbys.

Current Bundesliga standings:

15z1hf5.jpg

When Dortmund doesn't win tomorrow against Gladbach they'll be last placed.

Nice to see Paderborn staying up in that mid-table

But ouch, wonder what will happen with Dortmund if they do get relegated (which they won't, but it would probably mean the dispersal of quite a few players)

Alright, men, let's make our wagers. What do you suppose the final score will be in the Euro 2016 qualifying match between World Cup champions Germany (who will be fielding all their best) and UEFA fledglings Gibraltar? I'm gonna go conservative and say 8-0.

25yzwqg.png

I'm surprised UEFA hasn't granted Vatican City a team yet, given how much they're trying to boost their numbers. But seriously, it'll be something like 5-0, Germany will be busy subbing after the first half.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Alright, men, let's make our wagers. What do you suppose the final score will be in the Euro 2016 qualifying match between World Cup champions Germany (who will be fielding all their best) and UEFA fledglings Gibraltar? I'm gonna go conservative and say 8-0.

With Germany playing in Nuremberg, I think it will be a 9-0 Deutschland win.

I'm surprised UEFA hasn't granted Vatican City a team yet, given how much they're trying to boost their numbers. But seriously, it'll be something like 5-0, Germany will be busy subbing after the first half.

I don't know that UEFA has been actively trying to "boost their numbers"; previous to Gibraltar, who lobbied for many years to get into UEFA, most of the teams to recently join have been due to the formation of new countries (e.g. the former Yugoslav republics).

It also appears that the Vatican FA isn't interested in joining anyway.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

David Moyes (ergo Marouane Fellaini) to Real Sociedad.

Hey Davie, do your favourite old club a favour and send Vela to the Merseyside, he can't be happy sitting in the relegation zone in Spain, can he?

So it's official, David Moyes has been named the newest manager of Real Sociedad. He has a signed a contract til June 2016, with his first match in charge will in on November 22 @ Deportivo La Coruna. Time will only tell if Moyes can manage a small side like Sociedad on a tight budget like he did for 10 years with Everton.

As well, the FA Cup Second Rd draw was today...17 Non-League sides made it through to the second round draw. The lowest ranked club remaining in the competition, Warrington Town (of the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Division One North, FA Level 8) was drawn against the Conference Premier side Gateshead. Love a good David v Goliath story...but the Third Rd of the FA Cup is where the real upsets happen.

World Cup 2022: Qatar to be cleared of corruption over bid

Fifa's independent ethics adjudicator, Hans Joachim Eckert, is not expected to recommend a revote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30031405

...and to add insult to injury, the (English) FA were criticised. What a farce.

FIFA is quite clearly corrupt and the world of football/soccer needs a transparent governing body with the interests of the sport (not lining their own pockets) at heart. Until its members take a firm stance nothing will change. I fear that a breakaway, or at least an ultimatum hinting at one, is what it would take.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived