Everton had a solid outing today, Lukaku seems to be back on form and Mirallas is playing no small roll in helping that. We've already clinched top spot in the EL group of death.

Also, four English teams played German opponents this week, and four English teams won (by a combined score of 12-2). A series sweep if you will.

Not so bold prediction: Celtic will flame out in the round of 32.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton had a solid outing today, Lukaku seems to be back on form and Mirallas is playing no small roll in helping that. We've already clinched top spot in the EL group of death.

Also, four English teams played German opponents this week, and four English teams won (by a combined score of 12-2). A series sweep if you will.

Agree fully with that prediction with Celtic. I believe that their squad is not strong enough for Europe, especially if they get drawn against a 3rd place UCL club.

Agree fully with that prediction with Celtic. I believe that their squad is not strong enough for Europe, especially if they get drawn against a 3rd place UCL club.

The team is too soft mentally and the defense is crap. They have the strikers, and with Guidetti available for the Round of 32 that will help us tremendously. But they just need to bring in a name defender and DUMP Efe Ambrose. He single handedly cost us the tie against Juventus in the CL 2 years ago and has shown no positive qualities whatsoever in the games I've seen him play since. This team has what it takes to make it to the round of 16, but they need to bring in a good defender in Jan and make Celtic Park 100% available. The game today only had the lower bowl filled. I get that its just the Europa League but its still a major European competition, having the stadium at max capacity is what makes it such an intimidating place to play in, and that alone can give us an edge over big teams.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

UEFA have set a disciplinary hearing after charging Tottenham Hotspur following three pitch invasions against Partizan Belgrade.

The Europa League match ended 1-0 to the home side however the victory was overshadowed by the continued breaks in play caused by three pitch invaders.

The invaders, who were all wearing shirts with the Bassbuds logo, one of Spurs’ suppliers for headphones, have been arrested as a result of the incidents.

However, Spurs have now been charged by UEFA for the pitch invasion and will deliver a verdict on December 11, with a fine being the most likely form of punishment.

UEFA has also confirmed that it will not be charging the Tottenham players who attempted to stop the invaders.

Tottenham have now severed links with the audio manufacturer who offered branded headphones.

glory10.png

UEFA have set a disciplinary hearing after charging Tottenham Hotspur following three pitch invasions against Partizan Belgrade.

The Europa League match ended 1-0 to the home side however the victory was overshadowed by the continued breaks in play caused by three pitch invaders.

The invaders, who were all wearing shirts with the Bassbuds logo, one of Spurs’ suppliers for headphones, have been arrested as a result of the incidents.

However, Spurs have now been charged by UEFA for the pitch invasion and will deliver a verdict on December 11, with a fine being the most likely form of punishment.

UEFA has also confirmed that it will not be charging the Tottenham players who attempted to stop the invaders.

Tottenham have now severed links with the audio manufacturer who offered branded headphones.

If this happens in Eastern Europe the home club forfeits the match. It happens in England and the team is fined. Good ole UEFA.

1zqy8ok.gif

If this happens in Eastern Europe the home club forfeits the match. It happens in England and the team is fined. Good ole UEFA.

EPL only listens to UEFA half of the time anyway. They know better than to pull hard on that particular chain.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If it happens in Eastern Europe then the pitch invaders are more likely to be a threat to the players and officials. Not just running on to the pitch to take selfies.

Such is the level of hooliganism there. They are 20+ years behind Western Europe "culturally" in that aspect. There are a higher number of violent and racist incidents.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

That :censored:!

2nk51k3.jpg

btw. Dortmund is third in 'shots on goal' after Bayern and Leverkusen. :&

All I can say is wow. I watched the Dortmund match today and I just don't understand how a club with the players they in the first team are struggling the way they are. I know it's only 13 matches into the season but this is not looking good for the Nordrhein-Westfalen

I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. It is only a bit of bad luck and right now we are only 10 points behind 4th which is not a lot. By March we will be in the top half of the table again.

You'll first have to play Hertha in two weeks. :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

For the first time in years it is possible to say that all 11 players on the field at any time for Tottenham gave 100%.

Bentaleb, Mason and Kane did the academy proud.

Our academy is quietly one of the best in the premier league. We have some very good youngsters. Hopefully we have a few more to come through in the next few years. It's been a long while since King made it and we need a few more.

A truly fantastic performance against Everton yesterday. The best I have seen them play on home soil. Managed to press high up so Everton could not get many balls through to Lukaku as it forced them to play very deep. Seen alot of of praise for Soldado but he needs to keep going as for me he has been the biggest flop ever in a Tottenham shirt. One goal is not enough. I hope he can do it but I have my reservations.

glory10.png

For the first time in years it is possible to say that all 11 players on the field at any time for Tottenham gave 100%.

Bentaleb, Mason and Kane did the academy proud.

Our academy is quietly one of the best in the premier league. We have some very good youngsters. Hopefully we have a few more to come through in the next few years. It's been a long while since King made it and we need a few more.

A truly fantastic performance against Everton yesterday. The best I have seen them play on home soil. Managed to press high up so Everton could not get many balls through to Lukaku as it forced them to play very deep. Seen alot of of praise for Soldado but he needs to keep going as for me he has been the biggest flop ever in a Tottenham shirt. One goal is not enough. I hope he can do it but I have my reservations.

We have brought some decent premier league players through the academy since King but none of anywhere near his calibre. Shame that we have always tended to sell them on without giving them chances in the first team. I am interested to see how the likes of Veljkovic, Winks, Pritchard and Carroll get on with getting a true first team chance like that has been given to Bentaleb, Kane, Mason and Townsend.

It really was a team (Tottenham) performance and that was what outdid Everton who were lacking tactically and physically. Eto'o and Lukaku were not involved enough and they relied on Barkley too much. If Soldado played like he did every week (even without scoring) then he would receive less stick from fans of other teams. He is a proven finisher and you see glimpses of what he is capable of every now and again. A boost in confidence from a few performances like that could be the start of his redemption. We can only hope.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

The US got arguably the best team from each of the other pots. Wowzer.

Also, did it seem odd that the seeded teams were allocated groups, rather than being drawn into them? Mind you, the US did end up with their first two games a reasonable drive from here in Winnipeg, so that's decent.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived