I think Reus will leave no matter how this season ends. He's the best German player when healthy.

They won't get relegated. But they'll most likely not make it to the European places this year. So I guess at least Hummels is save to leave then, too. I see both next year in Barcelona (I'd rather like to see them at ManUtd though, but rumours say they propably end up at Barca).

I don't see all the other big name teams just waiting around though with Barca on their transfer ban.

Yeah, Barca won't be able to get Reus or Hummels until the Jan 2016 transfer window.

I mean, I have seen bad times with this club. 2004-2008 were very hard on us due to all reasons but this is just so much worse because we have a team that should be much better unlike in the dark times where we could barely afford any good players. But as Berlin said they just lost all confidence. I just hope we somehow win the DFB Cup so we get to the Europa League.

What I would love to see is that we sign one or two fresh, confident players. Kevin Kampl has been rumored lately and I would support that. His playing style is a bit of a hybrid of Reus, Kagawa and Günogan. Very impressive how he does in Austria.

I would really would love to see Hummels go to Arsenal in January as the Gunners most definitely need to strengthen their back four. Especially after conceding a late second half stoppage time goal to 10-man Liverpool. I know for a while in summer, Hummels was linked to Arsenal but it didn't pan out.

First real transfer of the coming year!

Atletico Madrid announced that they've taken Fernando Torres on loan to the end of the 2015-16 season, and sending back Alessio Cerci to Milan. Madrid is going to end up paying all of Torres' wages and part of Cerci's wages.

Milan's pulled off what's potentially going to be the biggest one-sided transfer of 2015.

First real transfer of the coming year!

Atletico Madrid announced that they've taken Fernando Torres on loan to the end of the 2015-16 season, and sending back Alessio Cerci to Milan. Madrid is going to end up paying all of Torres' wages and part of Cerci's wages.

Milan's pulled off what's potentially going to be the biggest one-sided transfer of 2015.

What a one-sided transfer...Cerci should be a good change for Milan, they definitely need a shake up.

Don't know where to put this, but Gideon Zelalem is now a U.S. Citizen: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/wp/2014/12/29/arsenals-gedion-zelalem-is-a-u-s-citizen/

Unlike Freddy Adu or (sadly) Julian Green, Zelalem does have the chance to be a top 20 player in the world someday because of his passing ability, which is the most underrated skill in the game. If he truly does plan to suit up for the red, white, and blue, it's a huge coup for Klinnsman.

Plus, he's a Gunner to boot, so it just makes it that much sweeter for me.

Don't know where to put this, but Gideon Zelalem is now a U.S. Citizen: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/wp/2014/12/29/arsenals-gedion-zelalem-is-a-u-s-citizen/

Unlike Freddy Adu or (sadly) Julian Green, Zelalem does have the chance to be a top 20 player in the world someday because of his passing ability, which is the most underrated skill in the game. If he truly does plan to suit up for the red, white, and blue, it's a huge coup for Klinnsman.

This is great news and all signs point to him choosing the US.

Tony Pulis in at West Brom. Pardew to Palace is looking more and more likely as well.

Fantastic start to the new year. Tottenham and Chelsea serve up a classic. Tottenham claim the three points. 2015 has started off with a superb start.

Fantastic start to the new year. Tottenham and Chelsea serve up a classic. Tottenham claim the three points. 2015 has started off with a superb start.

:/

Gerrard's an old 34, showed it last summer's WC. He'll certainly choose MLS, yet won't excel at much save for set pieces.

Legendary Red that's for certain... comeback Champions League crown ftw.

Fun fact: Man City and Chelsea are even in points, record, and goal differential. If the season ended today, they'd have to play a neutral site championship game. That'd be fun.

Fun fact: Man City and Chelsea are even in points, record, and goal differential. If the season ended today, they'd have to play a neutral site championship game. That'd be fun.

If Frank Lampard could score the winning goal that'd be great, or terrible, I dont really know.

If Frank Lampard could score the winning goal that'd be great, or terrible, I dont really know.

Does anyone else find the whole Lampard Man City loan business a little unsettling? I'm not a fan of either Chelsea or City, but when Frank scored the equalizer against Chelsea it just didn't feel right, as if he should either be with Chelsea or outside the Premier League altogether.

As a Liverpool fan, I guess I have no choice but to hope that Gerrard doesn't go down that same road in light of today's news...

The FIFA rules state this:

A player who acquired a new citizenship and never played for a national team can play for his new country if:

a) He was born in this country

b ) His mother or/and father was/were born in this country

c) His grandmother or/and grandfather was/were born in this country

d) He lived there for five years after his 18th birthday

I don't see how he would ever be able to play for the US?!

Does anyone else find the whole Lampard Man City loan business a little unsettling? I'm not a fan of either Chelsea or City, but when Frank scored the equalizer against Chelsea it just didn't feel right, as if he should either be with Chelsea or outside the Premier League altogether.

Not really because he is not a Chelsea player anymore. Mourinho thought he was not required anymore at Chelsea so they did not offer him a new contract. He was free to go where he wanted. His new club are not having any matches so he was loaned out. Nothing wrong with that.

The FIFA rules state this:

A player who acquired a new citizenship and never played for a national team can play for his new country if:

a) He was born in this country

b ) His mother or/and father was/were born in this country

c) His grandmother or/and grandfather was/were born in this country

d) He lived there for five years after his 18th birthday

I don't see how he would ever be able to play for the US?!

Per Wikipedia, after amendments in 2009 and 2010, the criteria in the home nations agreement read as such:

• 1. A Player who, under the terms of art. 5, is eligible to represent more than one Association on account of his nationality, may play in an international match for one of these Associations only if, in addition to having the relevant nationality, he fulfils at least one of the following conditions:
    • a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    • b ) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    • c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    • d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.

— Home nations agreement

Zelalem would qualify to play for the U.S. under clause D, given that he immigrated to the U.S. in 2006 and left for the Arsenal academy in 2013.