Lyon keeps hold of 1st in Ligue 1 after drawing PSG. Not too bad considering they without Lacazette who's been the best player in France this year.

Also to note that 6 of the top 10 passers/assist makers in Ligue 1 are from Lyon's academy. Want to compete with PSG without oil money? Rely on your academy.

I remember the years when Lyon won about 7 championships in a row and made it to the Champions League semifinals. I hated the club back then and was a huge fan of PSG. But now, I actually hope that Lyon wins the Ligue 1 again. I miss these old days. ^^

It's really interesting how on this board there are at least three members who supported ( me, you, and I think crashcarson) PSG and were completely turned off by them becoming P$G. Wonder how many people worldwide had a soft spot that went away

I loved PSG because they reminded me so much at my Hertha. Kind of a chaos club with good players who could'nt get it done and an international capital with no real big football club. I also loved their kits. But all of these facts are now done.

And: I also liked their team. Remembering Pauleta, Landreau, Cristian Rodriguez, Rozehnal, Ljuboja, Yepes or Dhorasoo.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyon keeps hold of 1st in Ligue 1 after drawing PSG. Not too bad considering they without Lacazette who's been the best player in France this year.

Also to note that 6 of the top 10 passers/assist makers in Ligue 1 are from Lyon's academy. Want to compete with PSG without oil money? Rely on your academy.

I remember the years when Lyon won about 7 championships in a row and made it to the Champions League semifinals. I hated the club back then and was a huge fan of PSG. But now, I actually hope that Lyon wins the Ligue 1 again. I miss these old days. ^^

It's really interesting how on this board there are at least three members who supported ( me, you, and I think crashcarson) PSG and were completely turned off by them becoming P$G. Wonder how many people worldwide had a soft spot that went away

I loved PSG because they reminded me so much at my Hertha. Kind of a chaos club with good players who could'nt get it done and an international capital with no real big football club. I also loved their kits. But all of these facts are now done.

And: I also liked their team. Remembering Pauleta, Landreau, Cristian Rodriguez, Rozehnal, Ljuboja, Yepes or Dhorasoo.

Yup, you're right with me there.

Fell in love with them and… then the money showed up. Kept my interest for the first year of it when Montpellier won the title and then lost a hell of a lot of interest in them. Would still rather see them win the CL than most but the money's definitely turned me off of it. It feels… cheap. What's the point in celebrating what you're supposed to do?

6fQjS3M.png

Big day for Villa supporters with the firing of Paul Lambert. Even though he signed a new contract on September 17 2014, he has been on one of the worst slides in top four divisions of English football. I don't know who would really want to come in to take over for a club so deflated with confidence and offensive guile plus now being pulled into the relegation battle. (if the board is planning to find a replacement before the end of the season or just let the caretaker staff run the first team).

http://www.thescore.com/epl/news/699099

Have you heard any rumblings Carson of a replacement?

I just don't see who they could realistically bring in who would be better? The board really are rolling the dice by making this decision. Lambert is similar to Pardew in that he was doing an OK job for the backing he was given. Granted, Villa's form was inexcusable. I just think it's a bit of a cop out to do it at this time. Nothing has changed since the middle of the transfer window. It seems like they kept him on a couple more weeks to avoid having to spend any money.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

A majority of clubs that sack their manager around this time normally end up getting relegated. Villa have never improved under Lambert since he took the job on. If they do go down Benteke will be the first to be snapped up.

glory10.png

Yeah, I also seem to have a soft spot for teams from other Capitals in Europe that massively underachieve.

And Ronaldinho remains :censored:ing awesome

07Giants.pngnyy.png

While ESPN may have tried their hardest to make Alexi Lalas look like the John Madden of American soccer, I'd still take them over FOX. At least Gus Johnson won't be covering the "premier" games.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

While ESPN may have tried their hardest to make Alexi Lalas look like the John Madden of American soccer, I'd still take them over FOX. At least Gus Johnson won't be covering the "premier" games.

You know Alexi Lalas has been with FOX since December, right?

While ESPN may have tried their hardest to mak

e Alexi Lalas look like the John Madden of American soccer, I'd still take them over FOX. At least Gus Johnson won't be covering the "premier" games.

In FIFA news, FOX's contract for World Cup rights for USA/Canada is extended to 2026....without bidding it out to ESPN or NBC.

You know Alexi Lalas has been with FOX since December, right?
Cool. That wasn't my point.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I just don't see who they could realistically bring in who would be better? The board really are rolling the dice by making this decision. Lambert is similar to Pardew in that he was doing an OK job for the backing he was given. Granted, Villa's form was inexcusable. I just think it's a bit of a cop out to do it at this time. Nothing has changed since the middle of the transfer window. It seems like they kept him on a couple more weeks to avoid having to spend any money.

You can't stick with a manager who's team has scored 12 goals all season and has 12 points in 21.

They have Benteke, Delph, Vlaar, Sánchez, Guzan in the squad, all internationals for top-level national teams.

Should've sacked him earlier but they also weren't in real danger of the drop until recently when they weren't able to pick up results against bad teams.

The new PL television revenues I'm pretty sure had something to do with it, too. Made Lerner wake his :censored: up and realize how much money he's going to lose on the sale of the club if they don't stay up.

Yeah, how'd that "bigger club" thing work out for ya, Paulie?

(No, I'm not bitter...)

Sorry, I don't see you on our fixture list this year…

6fQjS3M.png

It's all well and good having quality internationals in your team. Sometimes you need to just win ugly and that requires experience and toughness. It's no coincidence that Villa have struggled against teams at the bottom of the table, who are tougher and more physical opponents. Also, when your main striker is as disinterested as Benteke is, you may as well be playing with 10 men.

Sherwood seems to be the favourite to replace Lambert as I post this. He did a great job at Spurs but I wonder whether Villa have the fringe players or academy players he was able to call upon with Kane, Bentaleb and Adebayor. This characterised his stint at Tottenham as he polarised the team, upset a few players but ultimately built a team playing with desire and working for each other out of the players who bought into his method.

It could be a good appointment but Sherwood has been very selective in taking his next job - (reportedly) turning down several offers. Who is to say he accepts any offer should one come his way?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Another crazy day in the FA Cup with Liverpool coming from behind to beat Palace, West Brom and Blackburn thrash West Ham and Stoke respectively, and struggling Reading beat high flyers Derby County to all make it into the Sixth Round Proper draw on Monday.

As well, Bayern demolish Hamburg 8-0 today with Muller, Gotze and Robben all scoring a brace...not even close!

Another crazy day in the FA Cup with Liverpool coming from behind to beat Palace, West Brom and Blackburn thrash West Ham and Stoke respectively, and struggling Reading beat high flyers Derby County to all make it into the Sixth Round Proper draw on Monday.

As well, Bayern demolish Hamburg 8-0 today with Muller, Gotze and Robben all scoring a brace...not even close!

Bayern fans also held out the banner in relation to the new EPL domestic TV rights contract.

25ABF90F00000578-0-image-a-2_14239443804

Washington Post story on the rights deal which is 70% more than the current one.

Bayern fans also held out the banner in relation to the new EPL domestic TV rights contract.

25ABF90F00000578-0-image-a-2_14239443804

Washington Post story on the rights deal which is 70% more than the current one.

I saw the banners being shown on live telecast and have to say the Bundesliga model is working just fabulously for the top flight and many of the regional leagues. Maybe some english clubs should take a page out of their books and adopt it for their operations. They would probably see an improvement.

I don't know if anyone saw that blatant dive by Rooney in the dying moments of the Preston North End - Man Utd FA Cup Fifth Round Proper match. WTF was that! I still can't believe Dowd actually awarded the penalty to Rooney. The only thing I would have awarded Rooney was a booking for feigning. I thought Young was bad at diving but that one was atrocious and obvious. He could have easily jumped over the the sprawling keeper's arms but be had to be the hero and dive. And to top things off Hodgson, Neville and Kilbane were doing post match review and both Neville and Hodgson both bumlicked Rooney the whole way stating it was not a dive. I guess Hodgson thinks a captain of the national side should be diving. And this is not his first dive. The only one who spoke the truth (as always), is well versed in the game and is intelligent as a pundit is Kevin Kilbane. He blatantly said that it was a shocking dive by Rooney and he should be ashamed of himself.

I still believe the BBC should fire both Phil Neville and Danny Mills (useless utter pundits) and replace them with only one man: Kevin Kilbane.

Sorry that I'm fired about it but I am a referee here in Canada and am sick of seeing diving in the game. Now these so-called world class players are doing this because their normal game is lacking of late.

For the people who haven't seen it:

http://youtu.be/igfEoQeb7nk

Archived