• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes it looks like the Russian goalie got hit with a flare in Montenegro.

Yeah, 20 seconds after the game started. It was interrupted then for 35 minutes. Akinfeev was brought to a hospital though.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Harry Kane. Goal on his national team debut after eighty seconds of coming on as a sub. So proud to see it.

glory10.png

I am a Portuguese fan, but I've got to admit Benfica ruined Freddy Adu. Could have been something special, but he left too early and wasn't developed properly.

Can't wait for the game in a bit, although Portugal's qualifying games always make me nervous.

Cape Verde's team isn't that bad actually. Most players play in professional European leagues. It's a surprise yes, but it's not like they lost against Luxemburg or so.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Portugal 0-2 Cape Verde Islands?

April 1st isn't until tomorrow. This can't be...? My brain hurts.

I think we can all agree Portugal isn't very good, sure Ronaldo is a top 3 player in the world, boy other than him, they don't have any real quality. Their golden generation has passed. It will be a few year until they once again challenge for a major tournament.

1zqy8ok.gif

I believe one of the reasons Portugal didn't do so well last night was because the manager was giving some of the younger fringe players an opportunity. Listening to sports talk radio (TalkSport) the other day, one of the correspondents was mentioning the fact that it is well discussed in Portugal that their national squad is too old on average at the moment.

I think the main thing - and the reason I posted - was that it makes for a great headline. A relatively unheard of small group of islands beating one of the tradional top nations in world football. In particular, the country that once colonised them.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

There are reports this morning that Red Bull are preparing a bid to take over Leeds United.

If - and it's still quite an if - it goes through, I think we can expect a challenge to the FA's laws regarding club names.

There are reports this morning that Red Bull are preparing a bid to take over Leeds United.

If - and it's still quite an if - it goes through, I think we can expect a challenge to the FA's laws regarding club names.

Followed by the sight of all of Red Bull GmbH's management being found dead in a ditch somewhere in Yorkshire.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Blackpool will play League 1 next season, that's safe now.

And their neighbours in the Championship relegation places Wigan Athletic have sacked manager Malky Mackay today. Him gone, having won only 19 points from a possible 72 during his tenure.

HA! Crystal Palace beats Man City.

Makes next Sunday's Manchester Derby all the more interesting with United sliding up to 3rd

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived