Luis Figo has joined Michael van Praag in withdrawing from the Fifa presidential election on 29 May.

Ex-Portugal midfielder Figo, 42, pulled out on the same day as Van Pragg, 67, to leave Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein of Jordan as Blatter's only rival.

Blatter is favourite to win a fifth term as president and Figo said: "This process is anything but an election.

"This process is a plebiscite for the delivery of absolute power to one man - something I refuse to go along with."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32826308

glory10.png

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is the last Bundesliga matchday. Let's see if the HSV will finally make it to the 2. Bundesliga after 96 years. They always played in the first German divisions since 1919 (!).

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Hamburg really won their last game against Schalke 2:0. Now they have to play the relegation-playoffs (again) against Karlsruhe, Darmstadt or Kaiserslautern (we'll know tomorrow).

Here's the final table:

15f2h35.jpg

Dortmund will play Europa League next season.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I cannot believe that we will be in the European Cup next season. We were down in 18th after 19 games and now we will play in UEFA competition and we have a shot at a title next week. What a craszy season.

The boys in brown have a far better shot than I thought they would a few weeks ago. Darmstadt will be tough. They're fighting to maintain a promotion spot and St. Pauli's fighting to avoid relegation. I'd love a win but a draw and some help would be greatly appreciated.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Darmstadt just made it to the Bundesliga the first time since 1982!

I love their old school stadium. This screams 1982. ^^

1161446_m1w550q100v3313_1193958_81-26152

And Hamburg will play Karlsruhe in the relegation playoffs, while Kaiserslautern will remain at the 2nd Bundesliga for another season.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Spurs grab fifth with a 1-0 win over Everton after Liverpool get trounced by Stoke 6-1. This gives Spurs less games in the Europa League next season.

glory10.png

And Newcastle United remains in the BPL, Hull City relegated back to the Championship.

We're on holiday at the moment, so we weren't at the KC today. But - wearing my Hull City shirt - I've had a couple of dozen people today, of varying nationalities, stop me and wish us well. Genuinely touching, and a reminder of why we continue to fight to protect our club's identity.

Amazing story with Darmstadt! This weekend must have been one of the closest and most captivating in Bundesliga history.

Looking foward to seeing this goldie of a stadium in FIFA 16.

Is that ring around the pitch a paved running track, or just dirt? Corner kicks there must really be interesting if it's paved.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived