So late August / early September I'm going to be going to be in Barcelona, Lyon, and Lisbon (among other places.) Is there any leagues or tournaments going on around that time that might provide me a chance to see high-level football? Not necessarily FC Barcelona (though that would be ideal) but anything that would provide an authentic experience? A check on FC Barcelona's website doesn't have anything past June, and I'm not sure about Portugal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlo Ancelotti shown the door at Real Madrid after two seasons. I hope Klopp does not go there. I would love to see him manage in the Premier League.

glory10.png

Apparently winning the Champions League isn't enough to keep your job at Madrid. What a joke.

Damn... that's some extremely high standards set for Real Madrid. Then again, I'm sure that nothing but titles is considered a total failure there.

17139346367_0e3c0ab1b6_b.jpg

Enjoy your lasagne, Gooners!

Very loud YAWN. So old about time the Goons came up with something new. Newsflash for you. we are still in with qualifying for the Europa League so our season is not over yet.

To tell you the truth IanC, St. Totteringham's Day is still a great day for us Gooners alike. I believe that is 20 consecutive years Arsenal has finished above Spurs. Better luck next season. But in all seriousness, true Spurs are still in the driving seat for Europa League qualification for next season. And the added bonus with UEL is that the winner of the competition gets a UCL play-off round berth out of it for the following season. So there is that, but hard to see Spurs winning even UEL with their current squad. Kane can't score all their goals in domestic, cup and Europe.
They go straight into group play. Sevilla really lucked out by winning today. Otherwise theyd be back in Europa League again.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So late August / early September I'm going to be going to be in Barcelona, Lyon, and Lisbon (among other places.) Is there any leagues or tournaments going on around that time that might provide me a chance to see high-level football? Not necessarily FC Barcelona (though that would be ideal) but anything that would provide an authentic experience? A check on FC Barcelona's website doesn't have anything past June, and I'm not sure about Portugal.

Ligue 1 and La Liga will be starting by then. England starts playing on 2 August due to Euros next spring. BPL is the following week. Early September should feature Champions League too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yup, you’ll see football.

With the European Championships in the summer, all domestic leagues should be underway by late August.

The Play-off round for the Champions League’s second legs are August 25 or 26; Sporting in Lisbon will be playing in this round, though we won’t know for a while if it’s home or away on this date. The first legs are August 18 or 19, while the first group stage matches are September 15 and 16 — I’m guessing neither of these are in your window.

Be aware though that it’s an international match day from August 31 through September 8, meaning you won’t see any league matches the first weekend of September.

Spain are set to host Slovakia on September 5 in a Euro 2016 qualifier, though a venue has not yet been chosen.

France, unfortunately for you, are the hosts, so no qualifiers for them. They will, however, host Serbia in a friendly September 7, but I can’t find a chosen venue right now.

Portugal will host France, incidentally enough, in a friendly September 4. Can‘t find a venue for that one either, though I’d be shocked if it isn’t in Lisbon or Porto.

Hope this helps a bit!

6fQjS3M.png

With the European Championships in the summer, all domestic leagues should be underway by late August.

The European Championships are in 2016.

glory10.png

The number of managerial sackings in the top four divisions in England has reached its highest level in 13 years, according to the League Managers' Association (LMA).

Its latest figures show 47 bosses have been dismissed so far this campaign, the second highest level since the Premier League began 21 seasons ago.

A record 20 Championship managers have been sacked this season with 150 coaches also losing their jobs overall.

_8328610.jpg

glory10.png

Villa did not even look bothered about being there. Most one sided F.A Cup final I have seen in a long while.

glory10.png

Took a while to pick a way through the Villa defense, then a bit longer to finally solve Shay Given, but all in all a comprehensive win for Arsenal. Much less nervy than last year anyway! ^_^

The European Championships are in 2016.

Correct? Hence why all domestic leagues will be underway.

Guess I should’ve specified the following summer but whatever.

Anyway, that was not fun today. Nope.

6fQjS3M.png

I. 38 year old (!) Luca Toni just became top scorer of the Serie A with 22 goals. Incredible!

II. Seems like Jürgen Klopp could sign with Liverpool this summer.

III. The Rangers missed it to return to the Scottish Premiership.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Hamburgers survive!

I just hate the HSV, I really do! After this season they haven't deserved to stay in the league at all, and then they do because of a wrong call by the ref...

And after the game some HSV players of course have to provoke the KSC team. Bravo!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived