Official 2015 NBA All-Star Logo

arcane

I dont like it, the subway motif is just so bland, there is way to much black and white for an all star game that is going to be at MSG, it should have a flashy logo with a lot more blue and orange. I know some things will be at the barklays center which is why black and white is in there but it shouldn't be the main colors

The attempt to incorporate both the Nets' and Knicks' colors seems forced (see the 2015 circles).

Does anybody know if the subway route lines element on the right is an actual map of a portion of the subway? Perhaps between Barclays and MSG?

ujsignature.png

The attempt to incorporate both the Nets' and Knicks' colors seems forced (see the 2015 circles).

Does anybody know if the subway route lines element on the right is an actual map of a portion of the subway? Perhaps between Barclays and MSG?

It isn't accurate.

subway_1500x1789.jpg

(For reference, Barclays is close to where all the lines converge in the middle-left part of Brooklyn, MSG is at the Penn Station stop, just below Times Square on the West Side of Manhattan)

i'm a big fan of Massimo Vignelli's subway signage and i think this is an excellent concept/direction for the game. but what makes Massimo's designs great is it is focused on expressing the right ideas/messages and addressing the right problems. the NBA All Star logo is just a copy/paste imitation and feels odd and out of place because it is. theres a lack of focus on the game, the thing they have to represent. everyone in this thread is sensing that and its not due to lack of concept, just lack of focus on the main thing. the NBA loves using basketballs in logos, why not use those subway lines to form one for the logo?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i'm a big fan of Massimo Vignelli's subway signage and i think this is an excellent concept/direction for the game. but what makes Massimo's designs great is it is focused on expressing the right ideas/messages and addressing the right problems. the NBA All Star logo is just a copy/paste imitation and feels odd and out of place because it is. theres a lack of focus on the game, the thing they have to represent. everyone in this thread is sensing that and its not due to lack of concept, just lack of focus on the main thing. the NBA loves using basketballs in logos, why not use those subway lines to form one for the logo?

Agree. There's so much more that could've been done with the subway lines. I would think of a star, for example.

^LightsOut nailed the uniforms.

heres a rough concept for what i would have done for the logo

w81o3Hn.png

That's a more cohesive design, but you've lost the nod to the Nets' identity in the process (i.e., the black-and-white "2" and "0").

^LightsOut nailed the uniforms.

heres a rough concept for what i would have done for the logo

w81o3Hn.png

That's a more cohesive design, but you've lost the nod to the Nets' identity in the process (i.e., the black-and-white "2" and "0").
Not when the rest of the logo is black and white

Archived