Official 2015 NBA All-Star Logo

arcane

^LightsOut nailed the uniforms.

heres a rough concept for what i would have done for the logo

w81o3Hn.png

That's a more cohesive design, but you've lost the nod to the Nets' identity in the process (i.e., the black-and-white "2" and "0").
Not when the rest of the logo is black and white

I don't think it's as clear that the white text on a black field is a reference to the Nets' colorway -- it just looks like a vaguely-subway sign-inspired color scheme.

Now, I'll admit that it took me a second to recognize that the "20" in the official version was an attempt to reference the Nets. What clued me in was the fact that the official logo strikes a balance between the "20" in BKN colors and the "15" in NYK" colors. I don't think this version creates the same balance: either it's completely all Brooklyn (if the viewer thinks the black/white logo references the Nets), or it's all Knicks. And, seeing as this logo doesn't refer to Brooklyn any way (other than by identifyng the arena), I'm leaning towards the latter.

I full on understand that a lot of times clients direct the look of things, but who in the hell signed off on this? It doesn't even feel like anything. It's really embarrassing that BrandMore can probably whip something up in 15 mintues that's better than what the NBA took months to do. This is an example of trying to please everyone. I've come to the conclusion that the sports leagues need to fire their creative teams and fire who's signing off on these logos. The last 5 years the logos representing leagues have sucked big time, from the generic logos of the NCAA Final Four, and the Super Bowl, to the crap the NBA keeps churning out for All-Star logos. Even the Stanley Cup Final logo is average at best. The best group of logos I keep seeing are for the NHL Draft, as they're creative, COLORFUL, and you get a vibe of where the Draft is being held. I get what the NBA was trying to do, but if you've never been to NYC, you're not going to get it. And if the general public doesn't get it, it doesn't sell and sucks. This logo sucks.

I full on understand that a lot of times clients direct the look of things, but who in the hell signed off on this? It doesn't even feel like anything. It's really embarrassing that BrandMore can probably whip something up in 15 mintues that's better than what the NBA took months to do. This is an example of trying to please everyone. I've come to the conclusion that the sports leagues need to fire their creative teams and fire who's signing off on these logos. The last 5 years the logos representing leagues have sucked big time, from the generic logos of the NCAA Final Four, and the Super Bowl, to the crap the NBA keeps churning out for All-Star logos. Even the Stanley Cup Final logo is average at best. The best group of logos I keep seeing are for the NHL Draft, as they're creative, COLORFUL, and you get a vibe of where the Draft is being held. I get what the NBA was trying to do, but if you've never been to NYC, you're not going to get it. And if the general public doesn't get it, it doesn't sell and sucks. This logo sucks.

I think your overstating how much the general public will care about an asg logo.

I think your overstating how much the general public will care about an asg logo.

I'm not.

Archived