FIL Lacrosse world championship - gear/uniforms

leggman01

The FIL world championships started last night with USA vs. Canada - Great pictures of the entire uniforms in action can be found here

A little disappointed in the team USA helmet...I love the matte grey helmet, just not for USA - I do like the contrast of the matte grey and the gold chrome cage, though...the team Canada helmet on the other hand is beautiful - matte black with red metal flake decals, red chrome cage, and the mohawk stripe is great

I'm torn about the team USA uniform...not sure I love the sleeveless look, but the team USA uniform is WAY better than the team Canada uniform, which is a mess...Broncos stripes on the side/front, Adidas stripes on the shoulders and shorts, mis-matched wordmark and number fonts...ugly

here are some links (here and here) to other international teams and their gear...i particularly like team Thailand's look

your thoughts?

jldesigns404eo.png

Agree on the USA helmet. There's no grey anywhere else so it looks out of place. I think if Nike made a sleeved version of that jersey they'd be a good look for any team. I wonder if they will have both options available during the tournament.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Uhhh... yeah... that grey helmet is horrible looking. The stripes down the middle make absolutely no sense to me. The stripes on the Canada helmet though... genius. Love how it looks like ice breaking into little maple leaves.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Im not a fan of the US' grey lids. Navy or white could have been fine. Also, Team Uganda looks spot on. I'm so glad that they were able to attend! #blaxerpride

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

scroll through the photos in this link to see tons of teams...

japan's uniform is pretty cool, aside from the red numbers which were not very visible on tv - love the metallic decals on their helmets - not sure why they use so much blue, either, but the uniforms are very unique...no template there

i absolutely love the simplicity of the new zealand look...can't wait to see them in their dark uniforms, and their helmet is a thing of beauty....matte black with the logo below in white...

ede6110bc055625fce30c056f1851ca3.jpeg

the russian uniform is interesting and the czech republic helmet is very solid

jldesigns404eo.png

I think this tournament illustrates a major issue in lacrosse uniforms. Think about it. In football, Nike works outside the lines for team uniforms (Ducks Alamo Bowl, Mizzou Alt, Seahawks). Lacrosse uniforms consist of coloring the stitching of the uniform and that's it. The US and Iroquois teams wear mostly the same uniform in different colors. Same goes in college lacrosse. There isn't anything outside the lines. End of my rant. as you all were.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

France has the worst unis in the tournament. The blue horizontal stripes make them look like a cross between prison uniforms and pajamas.

Argentina's black-and-sky-blues, on the other hand, look really nice.

Edit: During the Iroquois-Japan game, they pointed out that on the back of the Iroquois helmets is the seal appearing on Haudenosaunee passports - a reference to the passport issues that kept them out of the 2010 championships in the UK.

CCSLC signature.png

I think this tournament illustrates a major issue in lacrosse uniforms. Think about it. In football, Nike works outside the lines for team uniforms (Ducks Alamo Bowl, Mizzou Alt, Seahawks). Lacrosse uniforms consist of coloring the stitching of the uniform and that's it. The US and Iroquois teams wear mostly the same uniform in different colors. Same goes in college lacrosse. There isn't anything outside the lines. End of my rant. as you all were.

Well, there are lacrosse uniforms that go outside the lines. They're usually Warrior's when they aren't nuking their PR department through social media, and they're usually god awful.

Like wizkid, one of my high school teammates is on Netherlands (Ryan Phillips if you wanna look him up) and they've more or less got the same uniforms as 2010, which isn't a bad thing. The roads kinda look like Princeton's 2006-08 set, while the homes utilize a bit of blue.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

i disagree, and present these uniforms as visual evidence

10447.jpg

11280.jpg

10491.jpg

11169.jpg

11174.jpg

10745.jpg

World_Lax_14_FRANCEvsBERMUDA007.JPG?max_

World_Lax_14_SPAINvsMEXICO012.JPG?max_wi

World_Lax_14_IRELANDvsUGANDA017.JPG?max_

World_Lax_14_GERMANYvsBELGIUM004.JPG?max

jldesigns404eo.png

more good pics here, including the best looking game of the tournament to date...bermuda vs. uganda

edit: more pics here

Am I the only one that would have put a very excessive amount of money on Uganda on not having an national lacrosse team?

I wouldn't have expected them either

zz

World_Lax_14_GERMANYvsBELGIUM008.JPG?max

11354.jpg

trying to find a picture that i saw of spain...very unique uni's

edit: not the best picture, but you can see spain in the background..

BsgjW1-CUAAf5P1.jpg

Ok. Well, I'll redact the rant to college teams and the US and Iroquois teams.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived