Cavaliers Uniforms

OnWis97

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One interesting aspect of the number debate is how different it is in global soccer, e.g. players don't want to make a number their own as much as they want the honor of wearing the #10 or whatever that the legends before them have worn. Heard that at the World Cup a lot, with Brazil's Fred not being worthy of Ronaldo's #9, etc.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

LeBron's now asking social media for #6 or #23. So I'm pretty sure #32 is out the question.

http://instagram.com/p/qmQN46iTFt/

Phew, I'll be content with either one. 32 would have been too weird.

My guess is #23 will be the selection, and 6 will stay known for his time with the Heat

Now that he has rings, I can see him taking #23 back even though he "retired" it for Jordan.

One interesting aspect of the number debate is how different it is in global soccer, e.g. players don't want to make a number their own as much as they want the honor of wearing the #10 or whatever that the legends before them have worn. Heard that at the World Cup a lot, with Brazil's Fred not being worthy of Ronaldo's #9, etc.

agreed. i think, in the US, the professional sports are more about individuals and their egocentic behavior. in global soccer it's more about the team's brand, and therefore the history of said clubs in respect to certain individuals.

Conrad, next time you post on Twitter please give credit to the people that actually broke the news. You never mentioned me once.

Please show some respect next time

Thanks.

Im-Shocked-gif.gif

Oh my goodness child! Chill. 1st your news lacked visual support. 2nd Conrad is his own reference. He is the TMZ of sports uniform info. Anything you mentioned its possible he probably knew already. 3rd. I hope you weren't serious man.

shado_logo.gif

"I would like to thank Teal for bringing this to my attention" you know how stupid that sounds.

People would then respond, "you got your information from a color?"

Nobody knows who "Teal" is outside of this board.

sry Teal. I mentioned our boards here as a resource to a couple people. if you've got a twitter handle, maybe i can shout ya out the next time you contribute something.

also, yes, saying "Teal told me this" is a bit odd. and further, some physical evidence would help your case for validity. if you'll note, the info you had mentioned i explained as "rumors," not confirmed info.

Conrad, next time you post on Twitter please give credit to the people that actually broke the news. You never mentioned me once.

Please show some respect next time

Thanks.

Im-Shocked-gif.gif

Oh my goodness child! Chill. 1st your news lacked visual support. 2nd Conrad is his own reference. He is the TMZ of sports uniform info. Anything you mentioned its possible he probably knew already. 3rd. I hope you weren't serious man.

LMFAO........that gif

Brady is good, but 12 is a number with too many great QBs for it to be "Brady's."

For 99.9% of players/numbers, it is regional. Brady is #12 in Boston, but in NY, it is Namath. #34 is Barkley in Philadelphia, but in Houston, it is Olajuwon. Even for people that claim Jerry Rice "owns" #80, I think football fans in Seattle would say otherwise.

It's only regional in instances where many great players have worn the same number, as with your examples for #12 and #34. The Packers have had some great receivers wear #80, but I can't see anyone who's not a total homer argue that it's more associated with James Lofton or Donald Driver than Jerry Rice.

Hell, I think of Richard Petty when I see #43, and I hate NASCAR! :D

Brady is good, but 12 is a number with too many great QBs for it to be "Brady's."

For 99.9% of players/numbers, it is regional. Brady is #12 in Boston, but in NY, it is Namath. #34 is Barkley in Philadelphia, but in Houston, it is Olajuwon. Even for people that claim Jerry Rice "owns" #80, I think football fans in Seattle would say otherwise.

It's only regional in instances where many great players have worn the same number, as with your examples for #12 and #34. The Packers have had some great receivers wear #80, but I can't see anyone who's not a total homer argue that it's more associated with James Lofton or Donald Driver than Jerry Rice.

Hell, I think of Richard Petty when I see #43, and I hate NASCAR! :D

It's funny but even though I know Rice basically owns #80, I often think of Steve Largent. Then again, he was my 1st favorite NFL player.

You're all wrong. Irving Fryar owns #80. He just leased it to Rice and Largent.

IRVING-FRYAR-EAGLES-960x960.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 4 weeks later...

I agree. He should stick with #6. Changing his number is diluting his legacy... same as if he were to keep jumping back and forth between multiple teams.

"Huh?"

991007-1143521579434-pistol_pete_maravic

ppmm.jpg

I said it dilutes it. That's objective fact. Doesn't mean it destroys, it means it is lessened.

But does it really? Can't it be argued that aside from maybe Jordan, greatness is more closely attributed with the name and not the number?

What do you do as a kid growing up? You pick a number because Jeter wore it, or Griffey wore it, or Jordan wore it, etc. etc.

Griffey wore three numbers, 3, 30, and 24. Kobe Bryant has worn 8 and 24. I think it's annoying at first when a player changed their number, we get used to it after a while. I mean, do people still have an issue with Kobe not wearing 8 anymore?

Will the Lakers retire number 8 and 24 for Kobe? That's going to be confusing.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop in and mention that I deleted everything having to do with Nabil's concept in this thread.

We have the Concepts forum here for a reason so if you've got something to share with the community, do it there. Don't pollute other threads.

If you see someone posting a concept out of place, go ahead and report the post so that we can take care of it without getting off-topic. Thanks!

6fQjS3M.png

Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop in and mention that I deleted everything having to do with Nabil's concept in this thread.

We have the Concepts forum here for a reason so if you've got something to share with the community, do it there. Don't pollute other threads.

If you see someone posting a concept out of place, go ahead and report the post so that we can take care of it without getting off-topic. Thanks!

I'm on a phone and dont know if there is a way to report via the Mobil site.

Archived