Cavaliers Uniforms

OnWis97

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So will we only see LeBron in the current uniform for one year? Will the Cavs change it up for their return to relevance?

I personally hope not. I love the uniform. I think it's great and hope they keep it forever.

I'm with you. Fingers crossed that this becomes the uniform associated with Cleveland finally winning another championship.

It'll be the same as the Thunder. Looks bland at first, but winning will breed familiarity and good associations with it. I think the last set was beautiful, but this one isn't offensively bad. Wish they'd wear white at home is all.

PJU85JF.png

I think the current uniforms really only need to add white or secondary accent to the numbers and wordmarks and add side panels or piping on the shorts to make them better. I like their blue alts from the current set since you can tell what a difference the use of more than 2 colors does for their current color scheme/identity.

They better go back. I'm sure during negotiations LeBron was like, seriously though I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those middle school gym class pinnies

Kyrie+Irving+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+Memph

These could be nice but:

1. Make single, not 3, stripe

2. Cleveland word is tough, too long. Like having the city but is there a common abbreviation for the city? CLE or CLV?

2. Cleveland word is tough, too long. Like having the city but is there a common abbreviation for the city? CLE or CLV?

Nine letters is too long? Definitely not--it's the same length as "Cavaliers." And CLE or CLV would be the most idiotic thing I've ever seen. I hope that was a joke.

As for the debate here, I like their current look. With those beautiful colors there's no need for panels and piping and whatnot. If anything, I'd add a little navy somewhere.

They better go back. I'm sure during negotiations LeBron was like, seriously though I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those middle school gym class pinnies

Kyrie+Irving+Cleveland+Cavaliers+v+Memph

The Cavaliers are another victim of the "everything from the past is automatically good" trend. Aside from the awful blue alternate, the pre 2010 set was stunning. Why they ever thought replacing it with the bland as paint look above I will never know.

For whatever it's worth...

Anthonis_van_Dyck_058.jpg

I don't know if this image of Prince Rupert (?) is where the NBA Cavaliers got their original (and now current) color scheme from, but it'd make sense.

If they really wanted to do something distinctive, they could pull from this and other imagery of the King Charles I era (the soldiers of whom were typically referred to as first "cavaliers" if I remember right, and I may not be), to help guide them towards a new direction.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nah, the Cavs should just stay with the look they have. It looks good and fits well. I also think it will look good on LeBron.

I agree. What the Cavs have now is simple, but it works. And to be honest, I'm kind of annoyed when teams rebrand when it's obvious it's because they picked up a key player. You don't see teams like the Yankees or Lakers changing up their uniforms every time they land a superstar.

I really like their current set. Especially these bad boys:

2012-cavfanatic.png

Although I guess I just realized these were those dopey one year cav fanatic uni's I think? So I guess they might be gone

These are beautiful. The 3 Colors together add so much life compared to the regular set. If they added some blue to the regular set they might not look so bland.

Archived