Cavaliers Uniforms

OnWis97

I've been saying it over and over and I'll say it again: current Cavs' uniforms are total lackluster blandness that can't be gotten rid of soon enough. What made them even more offensive (I don't know if they can even be, though), is that they replaced one of the best sets in the league.

Exactly. It came as quite a shock when the current Cavaliers set was unveiled because I thought they would just recolour the uniforms like they did with the logos. I Definitely didn't think they'd throw away everything interesting and appealing about their look for something so lifeless.
Couldn't agree with you more! ?

You should be banned simply for posting those things.

Lmao I'm sure you are joking.

While there's some creativity in the designs, that would make for one cluster:censored: of an identity
I think those weren't too bad. Execution could be a lot better but at least one of those sets would be better than their current mess.
shado_logo.gif

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing with LBJ back, the Cavs will now be members of the hideous sleeved jersey club for the upcoming season.

you're basing that guess on what exactly?

LBJ sells jerseys. Tons and tons of jerseys. Have you not noticed the amount of alternates the Cavs and Heat had while he played for them? Is it that far fetched to think Adidas will wanna plug their dopey sleeved jerseys with the Cavs now that LeBron is back with them? Not at all.

90758391980.gif

Best Cavs jersey concept i've ever come across. If they don't go with something similar to these, they are making a huge mistake imo

CavsWhite_zpsdd46466c.png

CavsHome_zps0ee5c086.png

CavsAway_zps4ceb5fbf.png

Yeah those were made by me. I did a bunch of different color combos but don't feel like flooding the thread with my concepts.

Can you email/pm/post this template please?

JackGambro@yahoo.com

Jack Gambro Goal Line Design

I'm guessing with LBJ back, the Cavs will now be members of the hideous sleeved jersey club for the upcoming season.

you're basing that guess on what exactly?

LBJ sells jerseys. Tons and tons of jerseys. Have you not noticed the amount of alternates the Cavs and Heat had while he played for them? Is it that far fetched to think Adidas will wanna plug their dopey sleeved jerseys with the Cavs now that LeBron is back with them? Not at all.

LeBron has made it very clear this past year that he hates playing in sleeved jerseys. It's unlikely the Cavs will force him to wear one just to make a few extra bucks. Besides, they're already selling more than enough of his normal jersey.

We'll probably see some more awful sleeved Christmas next year, though.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

So if uniforms don't have flashy and complicated designs they're bland and lifeless? I personally love the simplicity of their current set. Yeah it'd be cool for nostalgic reasons to see him once again in the previous set which were great, but these ones are still great as well. The colors make the set without needing fancy components to do so.

So if uniforms don't have flashy and complicated designs they're bland and lifeless? I personally love the simplicity of their current set. Yeah it'd be cool for nostalgic reasons to see him once again in the previous set which were great, but these ones are still great as well. The colors make the set without needing fancy components to do so.

Couldn't agree more. Looking back, I'm not a fan of the Cavs look under LeBron. The scripts were a little too much, especially the Cleveland script--that C was way to big--and the set wasn't very cohesive--mismatched collar/cuffs and stripes, blue home numbers. I just feel like people have nostalgia for that set because of LeBron, even though they weren't that great.

Just one title in the current look and the Cavs will never change again!

I don't hate their current uniforms. I like it. But the problem is the coloring is too plain. Add some white or blue outline to the away's and home's. They need to do so, it'd be that much sharper.

Why don't the Cavs use these? I don't get it. Something like this - is what I'm talking about. They don't use the Navy on the uniforms. Use three colors instead of just two colors - but keep the design similar.

Cavaliers-Kyrie-Irving-returns-to-court-

When James was with the Cavs the first time they had tons of alternates that diluted their brand. When he went to the Heat they got tons of alternates that diluted their brand. So it stands to reason that the Cavs will do that again so that they can sell as many James jerseys as possible.

I still don't think the CavsFanatic alts really diluted the brand - the brand was already so diluted with different color combos through the years, those alts were useful in tying the brand together IMO.

I must respectfully disagree. Contrasting outlines muddy uniforms, not sharpen them. Those outlines should be avoided in any situation except where the team's color scheme doesn't provide enough contrast in the hues. Say, navy and wine. But the Cavs' wine and gold provides more than enough contrast, and adding outlines (especially white) do more harm than good.

I don't hate their current uniforms. I like it. But the problem is the coloring is too plain. Add some white or blue outline to the away's and home's. They need to do so, it'd be that much sharper.

Why don't the Cavs use these? I don't get it. Something like this - is what I'm talking about. They don't use the Navy on the uniforms. Use three colors instead of just two colors - but keep the design similar.

Cavaliers-Kyrie-Irving-returns-to-court-

Exactly. What you just posted is beautiful. The blue makes the wine and gold POP so great.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

They really should just go back to the 2003-2010 set. Maybe update the colors... But that set was gorgeous. And symbolically would just be so FUN to see. LEBRON laughing, winning, and reconciling. It would just feel right.

Weren't the uniforms set to change whether LeBron left or not? I swear I read that somewhere before. It was convinient that the change happened after he left but chances are he'd be in those today had he not left. Now he will.

Even though I loved the Lebron era uniforms, I also love the current uniforms, all 3 of them. My problem is the primary; it has too much blue in it to look consistent with the unis. Couldn't they just keep the current unis, and do something like this?.........

cavs1_zpsa1a74194.png

(It's a crude graphic I put together in five minutes)

It fits in more consistently with the look, AND they wouldn't have to pay that stupid "new logo" fee since it's practically the same logo.

Archived