Cavaliers Uniforms

OnWis97

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new uniforms have grown on me, but I wouldn't mind seeing a mix of those with the first Lebron-era unis.

Shameless plug:

14231254895_2653a13ece_b.jpg

I'm sorry man but even though I love the collar design. Those uniforms are still bland.

Exactly.

So if uniforms don't have flashy and complicated designs they're bland and lifeless?

No. The new Hornets' jerseys, for example, don't have flashy and complicated design elements but they're not bland nor lifeless. The Cavs' unis, on the other hand, use the most primitive, generic and bare basketball uniform template, accompanied by a very basic blocky font, which makes the look even more generic especially when the wordmark is comprised of only 4 letters as in the alternate and CavFanatic unis.

Just one title in the current look and the Cavs will never change again!

God forbid!

The sentiment toward the early 2000s Cavs jersey with LeBron could be made in comparison to the Patriots current uniforms with Brady. We associate the player and that uniform with so much good that we look past the uniforms flaws. That being said, I really hope they go back.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

honestly, maybe this goes in the unpopular opinions thread... but the current cavs uniforms are BY FAR the best the team has ever looked. so clean and classic but still modern with a font that isn't overly generic. it is fantastic.

lebron is lucky to wear such a nice uniform, considering how ugly his first stint with the cavs looked, and how bland and ugly miami's look is.

I must respectfully disagree. Contrasting outlines muddy uniforms, not sharpen them. Those outlines should be avoided in any situation except where the team's color scheme doesn't provide enough contrast in the hues. Say, navy and wine. But the Cavs' wine and gold provides more than enough contrast, and adding outlines (especially white) do more harm than good.

This describes my opinion on this matter better than I have. I prefer no outlines (when possible).

Seeing all of the old LeBron Cavs highlights in recent days made me a bit nostalgic for that old look, but it also reminded me of its flaws. Yes, the new look is simple, but long-term that can be a good thing. The two colors play off each other very well. Throwing white everywhere just muddies it up unnecessarily, IMO. (Think Yankees road uni for an example.)

honestly, maybe this goes in the unpopular opinions thread... but the current cavs uniforms are BY FAR the best the team has ever looked. so clean and classic but still modern with a font that isn't overly generic. it is fantastic.

lebron is lucky to wear such a nice uniform, considering how ugly his first stint with the cavs looked, and how bland and ugly miami's look is.

I agree with everything you just said, Cole. The current Cavs look is simple and not generic. The Lebron 1.0 look was bland just like the current Heat look. The colors are all too dark...especially Miami's.

So if uniforms don't have flashy and complicated designs they're bland and lifeless?

No. The new Hornets' jerseys, for example, don't have flashy and complicated design elements but they're not bland nor lifeless. The Cavs' unis, on the other hand, use the most primitive, generic and bare basketball uniform template, accompanied by a very basic blocky font, which makes the look even more generic especially when the wordmark is comprised of only 4 letters as in the alternate and CavFanatic unis.

Again, simple doesn't mean lifeless. Their colors are unique enough in the NBA that they don't need any special design, they can own the "wine/gold" look with a very simple uniform. The colors are the uniform. The new Miami Dolphins uniforms are a good example of this too. Aqua is their color.

I do think if Cleveland continues to go this route (as they should) they need a logo revamp that gets rid of navy and the old "Cavaliers" script. There's no sense in keeping it around if they haven't used it on a uniform in 4 years and they're clearing moving in a different direction. Something similar to this or this could work nicely.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Again, simple doesn't mean lifeless. Their colors are unique enough in the NBA that they don't need any special design, they can own the "wine/gold" look with a very simple uniform. The colors are the uniform. The new Miami Dolphins uniforms are a good example of this too. Aqua is their color.

I do think if Cleveland continues to go this route (as they should) they need a logo revamp that gets rid of navy and the old "Cavaliers" script. There's no sense in keeping it around if they haven't used it on a uniform in 4 years and they're clearing moving in a different direction. Something similar to this or this could work nicely.

using the dolphins new uniforms doesn't help your cause, especially when they hardly ever wear their aqua jerseys or pants

I would like to see someone try to get a picture of every uniform lebron wore in his entire career, other than all star games.

That has been posted before. In a thread about "what player has worn the most jerseys in their career" or something to that affect. All I can say is, there was a lot.

If the Cavs really wanted to go the simple route, something like CAB's concept would have been perfect. Not overly modern, but also more ownable than their current look. Right now, they look like the Celtics in the old Rockets colors. The alternating color blocks, on the other hand, is a look that is already easily associated with the Cavs.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't like it when teams use shortened names or nicknames on jerseys like Cavs, Cats, ATL, Sens, Bolts, etc.

I know Cavaliers and Cleveland aren't the easiest to fit on a basketball jersey, but I'd rather see them try to fit the entire name on.

They do. "Cavs" is only on the gold and navy alts. The white and wine jerseys say "Cavaliers" and "Cleveland".

I don't like it when teams use shortened names or nicknames on jerseys like Cavs, Cats, ATL, Sens, Bolts, etc.

I know Cavaliers and Cleveland aren't the easiest to fit on a basketball jersey, but I'd rather see them try to fit the entire name on.

They do. "Cavs" is only on the gold and navy alts. The white and wine jerseys say "Cavaliers" and "Cleveland".
I know that. I was just refering to what they might do in the future and some of the concepts posted here.

IbjBaeE.png

I respectfully disagree with you. Yes, their colors are unique, but the uniform is still beer-league level extremely bland and generic, not 'simple'. I'm a Cavs fan, but there's now way I'd buy a uni from that set.

Someone brought up the Celtics' classics. While they are very simple too, there are just enough little elements that make the design work and make it interesting enough, which are the side striping and the waistband. And the font is not so simple either.

That being said, I consider the first LeBron era set flawless.

I respectfully disagree with you. Yes, their colors are unique, but the uniform is still beer-league level extremely bland and generic, not 'simple'. I'm a Cavs fan, but there's now way I'd buy a uni from that set.

Someone brought up the Celtics' classics. While they are very simple too, there are just enough little elements that make the design work and make it interesting enough, which are the side striping and the waistband. And the font is not so simple either.

Ironically, the first "LeBron era" uniforms did have flaws, such as color inconsistencies and some sloppy lettering in the wordmarks, though they were still a good set. The current ones don't really have "flaws". They're just simple, which some of you may not like, but it's really just a style-preference rather than being poorly designed.

Ironically, the first "LeBron era" uniforms did have flaws, such as color inconsistencies and some sloppy lettering in the wordmarks, though they were still a good set. The current ones don't really have "flaws". They're just simple, which some of you may not like, but it's really just a style-preference rather than being poorly designed.

I don't consider those "color inconsistencies" flaws. And I don't see anything sloppy in the wordmarks either.

Archived