Things You'd Change, Popular or Unpopular

Tigers6884

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make the MLB All-Star Game determine if the DH will be used for all 7 games. Then give home-field advantage to the team with the better regular season record, or go back to alternating leagues. (Keith Olbermann shared this idea on Letterman a while back.)

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

Draws/Ties possible in every sport in North America. Including the possibility of tying the championship and sharing the trophy.

If anything, to see the American general public melt in their own rage and confusion.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

1. Revert the NFL overtime rule back to true sudden death like it has been before 2010.

Eliminate the extra time rule in soccer (European football) and go straight to the shootout.

24 second shot clock in NCAA basketball.

Make it 3 balls instead of 4 to walk the batter in baseball.

Make the D-League a true NBA farm system similar to MLB.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Total revamp to the NASCAR schedule, but I don't know how "random" that would be.

Also stars on the back of football helmets for Super Bowls or National Titles won a la soccer would be kinda cool. Well, maybe just Super Bowls. I can totally see college football get out of hand between claimed championships and schools that moved down to a lower division or teams in a division that just completely dominate.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Put lasers on top of the goal posts in football. No more confusion over whether or not a kick was good.

That's a good one. And, if I am not mistaken, whether a FG is good is not reviewable. It should be.

Baseball needs to find a way to be quicker. First, it should be illegal for the pitcher to take his warmups going into the inning only to pull him for another pitcher who has to come in and take yet more warmups (does not happen a lot, but it is agonizing when it does). Unfortunately, it's otherwise difficult to speed the game up...but the kids are not going to watch slow games when other sports are (perceived as) faster. Yankee/Red Sox games routinely take four hours. Most AL games are over three. Whether there could be an enforceable delay of game rule or something, I am not sure. So I have one thing that I think would shave 10 minutes off per game: Outlaw batting gloves. They used to play without 'em. And, of course, eliminate the DH.

Basketball (and I know this would be unpopular): Eliminate the 3-point shot. Mid-range games would be better and players would want to do more than just dunk and shoot from downtown.

General (even more unrealistic than the above): No beer at games. I am not above drinking a beer, but it seems like about a third of the games I go to I run across some drunk clown that dampens the experience.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1. Revert the Major League Soccer calendar to abide the FIFA calendar (i.e. start in August/September and end in May).

2. Eliminate the "crossover" wildcards in the NHL and go straight to a true, division-oriented playoffs with the top-4 teams per division qualifying (ala the Norris, Smythe, Adams and Patrick divisions).

3. Get rid of the HFA incentive at the MLB All-Star Game and just rotate the advantage between leagues (AL in odd years, NL in even years).

4. Cut the number of teams qualifying for the NBA playoffs to 12 (6 per conference), have the top-2 seeds per conference get a bye to the 2nd round and have the rest play a best-of-5 1st round series.

5. Go back to unique and creative Super Bowl logos!

Like the OP, I'd like to see something added on hockey jerseys to recognize championships. I like what Canada did here and would like to see it done in the form of small Stanley cups in the NHL, akin to how it's done in the soccer world with the crest stars.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-08-at-93539-AM_zps65

Also, I've always thought that soccer could benefit from adding some form of a power play to generate some better offensive showings but I can see why others would oppose it.

Midway.png

1. Soccer - Timing on the stadium clock, not by ref. I always hated that when I played

2. NASCAR - Less races on Mile and a Half tracks, few more road courses, few more short tracks, road course in the Chase

3. College soccer - Rules closer to FIFA, 4-6 subs instead of what's done now, split fall and spring seasons

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived