okay, a day of firsts. My First real Logo

DawgPacPBH

It's really nice artwork. Very nice, but to be more logo-like, it needs heavier lines... quite a bit heavier. The features are all to delicate. Also, when shading, use more contrast... ie. make the dark gold on the beak darker.

Keep up the good work!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Like SyPhi said, it's a good drawing, but it would make a better logo if it were bolder.

Try to consider what it will look like from a distance or at a reduced size. Thin lines will disappear and subtle differences in colour won't be noticeable.

Excellent!

I submitted that to the US Post Office for their next logo. They're having a contest.

Being you're a first time, you probably didn't "mark" it "rightly".

Bummer.

Still, I'll give you a cut of the proceeds that I reap.

Welcome aboard.

This community can use more like you.

DawgPacPBH,

As a newbie, you need to know one thing: There are a lot of great folks on here who want to help, then there are the morons who do nothing but harrass and try to pick fights. Ignore those folks. They aren't worth the time it takes to read their oncoherant ramblings.

Nice shape, grand idea, but be bolder! Take drastic swipes and mostions witht he pen tool. I would reccomend reducing the number of points on the neck to about 5, and the adding much darker outlines. Thicken them up towards the base, and thinner out at the points. This will help add dimension. The colors, as said before need to have larger contrast, especially on the beak. And go BIG on yoru red and blue stripes. If you design flanboyantly, you will net a distinctive look, which is what a logo is all about.

Nice work.. keep showing us yoru stuff, we are here to help!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Dawg,

The other thing you need to know is that a few people here will pretend to be your friend and then cheat on you for their own personal gain or self-glorification. They'll actually create fake stuff and then apologize like a whimpering puppy when they get caught.

Course that's every on-line forum like this, so stay the course.

Most of us are decent folks.

Dawg,

The other thing you need to know is that a few people here will pretend to be your friend and then cheat on you for their own personal gain or self-glorification. They'll actually create fake stuff and then apologize like a whimpering puppy when they get caught.

Settle this in a PM or something! MoJoTo, this crap is getting pretty annoying. PNM confessed to his mistake and MOST of us have forgave him (except you), and we got over him,. Stop going tellin newsers(newbies sounds racist ???) that PNM is come kind of wierd alien type thing that ruins peoples lives, because he doesn't, and hes a nice guy.

Let me quote this.

MOST of us are decent folks.

Dawg,

Settle this in a PM or something! MoJoTo, this crap is getting pretty annoying. PNM confessed to his mistake and MOST of us have forgave him (except you), and we got over him,. Stop going tellin newsers(newbies sounds racist ???) that PNM is come kind of wierd alien type thing that ruins peoples lives, because he doesn't, and hes a nice guy.

Let me quote this.

MOST of us are decent folks.

Wow.

I never once mentioned paynomind. That was way old stuff. We all got over that. In fact payno helped me on my Wolverine concept and I went with it. I was refering to some completely different scenario. Forum stuff in general.

Where did that tirade come from?

Wow

DawgPac, if you want to get an idea of how to use the bolder strokes with minimal points, look no further than your favorite NCAA team. The College (or even minor league) teams' logos tend to fit this style more than many pro logos do. For a good example of eagles, look at Boston College, for example. The colors are much different, but you can get an idea of how to use thicker strokes and more contrasting shapes for shading. Check out some other bird-like logos...Saint Josephs (of Pennsylvania) Hawks is very good too.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wow Mojo, you pretty much got called juvenile by an 11 year-old.

You've got to put that in your signature! :D

Hockeyman, go easy with MoJoTo. Everything he knows, he learned in kindergarten, so don't be surprised when he acts like a 5 year-old. In fact, Payno and Mojo did play nice for one afternoon last week, so they're making some progress.

it looks better in blue and orange. you still need to thicken some of the lines and add more definition to add depth. the thin line at the front of the eye will get lost very easily. like I mentioned before, check out Saint Joe's or Boston College for some other Eagle logos.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived