NEW CONCEPTS FORUM GUIDELINES

LMU

In order to improve the quality of the concepts forum, the following guidelines are now in place:

*When commenting on a concept, please use constructive criticism. This goes for both positive and negative opinions. Any replies to concepts that simply state something to the effect of "OMG, this sux!" or "AWESOME!!!11!" that we encounter will be removed.

*When posting a concept, please be specific in the title. Don't post a vague, whimsical title that has nothing to do with the concept itself. Mention the name of the team, the sport, if the team exists or not, and what method/program you used to create the concept. By stating that a concept is handdrawn or made in Paint in the title, you will hopefully limit the unfounded criticism that tend to be levied towards the program and not the idea itself.

*Before posting a concept, please take some time to truly look at it and see if it's "ready for prime time." If a concept looks like it took five minutes to make, don't post it. There are numerous resources available here, such as fonts and templates, to help make your concept shine. Posting a football jersey concept with Arial numbers isn't going to fly.

*Please learn before posting a concept how to post images in a topic. Any concept thread that doesn't actually show a concept will be deleted. Additionally, any concept thread that requests that others make the actual concept will be deleted as well.

*Avoid the "teaser image" when starting a thread. Start your thread after your concept is done and include it in the first post. Starting a thread with a "coming soon" type image only bumps current concepts down the page without adding anything new to the forum.

If you see anything that violates these guidelines, please report the post and one of us will take a look.

VmWIn6B.png

• 2 weeks later...

Adding another guideline:

*If a user posts a concept using uncredited artwork he/she did not design, the thread will be deleted immediately.

*Additionally, concepts that are posted using artwork that another CCSLC member created will be deleted immediately unless permission has been explicitly granted by the user that created the artwork.

If you see artwork being used without proper credit, please report the post so one of us can take care of it. Thanks.

6fQjS3M.png

• 2 weeks later...

A new guideline, specifically directed at users commenting in the concepts forum:

*Please refrain from "requesting" that a user do a specific team, idea of yours, league, etc. If those working on a concept or within a concept series want input for other team or league ideas, they will more than likely say so in the thread.

For example, if I'm doing a series on UEFA nations, don't comment that you'd like to see me tackle CAF next or if I'm doing a fictional soccer league, don't comment asking if I can make a concept for a team in Boise.

Designers, if you would like to solicit input on other projects and/or teams you should tackle, please let that be known in your OP or somewhere along the line in the thread.

Other users, when posting in the concepts forum, please stick to giving constructive C&C to the topic at hand rather than asking the artist to do what you want him/her to next.

Thank you.

6fQjS3M.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I’d like to remind anyone who hasn’t done so recently to review the Concepts forum guidelines.

Specifically, this section seems important:

*Avoid the "teaser image" when starting a thread. Start your thread after your concept is done and include it in the first post. Starting a thread with a "coming soon" type image only bumps current concepts down the page without adding anything new to the forum.

Thanks, everyone.

6fQjS3M.png

• 1 year later...

I think some of you guys need a quick reminder as I've been seeing quite a few of these:

On 7/13/2014 at 6:34 PM, LMU said:

Any concept thread that doesn't actually show a concept will be deleted.

Additionally, any concept thread that requests that others make the actual concept will be deleted as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Feel this needs to be stated here as well:

5 minutes ago, LMU said:

Effective immediately, all threads on the CCSLC, with the exception of forum announcements, fantasy leagues, and pinned threads, will be archived if the last post is more than two years old.  Archived threads cannot be replied nor can they be searched but they are still visible.  Threads will automatically be archived by the board software as soon as the two year mark is reached.

As a result, any thread that has not met the criteria to be archived can be freely posted in by anyone.  This means that we no longer have nor will enforce any policy towards the bumping of topics.  DO NOT REPORT ANY THREAD TO THE MODERATOR TEAM FOR BEING POSTED IN AFTER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME!

Archived threads can be reactivated on a case-by-case basis.

• LMU unpinned this topic

Archived